6th Man

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

6th Man

Post by DMMDCats » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:06 pm

Are there any members out there who know what is going on with the club?

Danny would at least put out a newsletter but the new Coach doesn’t seem to be doing anything with the club.

?????

That’s for sure,
That’s for dang sure!

DMMDCats

Re: 6th Man

Post by DMMDCats » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:52 am

I guess there is no sixth man anymore. No need to donate.

That’s for sure,
That’s for dang sure!

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:36 pm

There have been a couple of get togethers, one at the beginning of this season. But pretty quiet overall.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:58 pm

Thanks @HelenaCat

I know there were meet ups for Fastbreak but I hadn’t heard about anything for Sixth Man.

That’s for sure,
That’s for dang sure!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:23 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:58 pm
Thanks @HelenaCat

I know there were meet ups for Fastbreak but I hadn’t heard about anything for Sixth Man.
There is a 6th Man Social coming up January 13 starting a couple hours before the game. If a 6th man member you should have gotten an email already.

Weekly Fastbreak meetings start January 8, an announcement should be out shortly for Fastbreak members. Join up at you will at least be able to join on Facebook this year even if not live. And yes a couple meet and greet as well as monthly newsletters already posted for FB members.

mensbbNIL
New Recruit

Post by mensbbNIL » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:40 pm

Dear Men’s Basketball 6th Man Club -

As our players finish up the fall semester, I wanted to thank you for your unwavering support of
our players and staff this season. While the non-conference portion of our schedule has
provided a fair amount of adversity with significant injuries to our roster, we have seen glimpses
of this team’s potential in victories over Pac-12 opponent Cal and a very solid UC-Riverside team
picked to finish towards the top of the Big West Conference. We are growing through the
adversity as a group and continuing to improve as we prepare for Big Sky conference play when
the calendar turns to 2024!
As we prepare for conference play and the biggest chunk of our home schedule yet to come, we
need your support more than ever! I encourage all of us to rally around these young men who
are fighting hard to build the foundation of this next chapter of Bobcat basketball. The analogy
we have used for our players, is that we are in the “Construction Zone” and every day we need
to put our hard hat on and follow our blueprint for success. I hope you will join us in the Brick
during Big Sky play to show these guys what Bobcat Nation is all about and help to bring out the
best in them.
In an effort to help you connect with this year’s journey and fellow 6th Man Club members, we
would love if you joined us for Pre-Game “Chalk Talks” followed by a reception on the following
dates and times during Big Sky Conference play:

Saturday, Jan. 13th vs Northern Colorado 5pm Chalk Talk 6pm Tip Off
Saturday, Feb. 24th vs Sacramento State 5pm Chalk Talk 6pm Tip Off

The best is yet to come for these Bobcats as well as the future of Bobcat basketball and our blue
print needs you – and your hard hat! So roll up your sleeves and let’s do this together!
Sincerely,

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:59 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:23 pm
DMMDCats wrote:
Thanks @HelenaCat

There is a 6th Man Social coming up January 13 starting a couple hours before the game. If a 6th man member you should have gotten an email already.

Weekly Fastbreak meetings start January 8, an announcement should be out shortly for Fastbreak members. Join up at you will at least be able to join on Facebook this year even if not live. And yes a couple meet and greet as well as monthly newsletters already posted for FB members.
I'm not seeing an email about the 6th man social. When was it sent.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:33 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:59 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
DMMDCats wrote:
Thanks @HelenaCat

There was a note sent from Rainey Peuse on December 15th, that had a brief newsletter from Coach Logie included. Also announcing a chalk talk before the game on January 13 and February 24. That particular email announced the social a couple hours before the game on the 13th and a request to RSVP by January 5.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:34 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:59 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
DMMDCats wrote:
Thanks @HelenaCat

I am guessing about 2 weeks ago, sometime around Dec. 17-18?