TRANSFERS/RECRUITING

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: TRANSFERS/RECRUITING

Post by wapiti » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:46 am

duelalumnicat wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:35 pm
Luke McEldon committed to Santa Clara.

I think that the fact that MSU was even in the running with a high mid-major like Santa Clara is a clear statement on the quality of the program that Coach Sprinkle is building at MSU.
Maybe he will be disappointed with Santa Clara in the next year or two and transfer to MSU.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:09 pm

The women’s basketball team has three in-state players, all three of whom have started a lot or a little. I think that’s about as good as can be expected. Coach Bin has done a good job of finding Montana (and Idaho and Washington) players who can play at a high-level. I suspect that Europe may be replacing Australia in her foreign recruiting. We’ve had some pretty good ambassadors like Katie, Payton, and Fallon playing there.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:41 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:09 pm
The women’s basketball team has three in-state players, all three of whom have started a lot or a little. I think that’s about as good as can be expected. Coach Bin has done a good job of finding Montana (and Idaho and Washington) players who can play at a high-level. I suspect that Europe may be replacing Australia in her foreign recruiting. We’ve had some pretty good ambassadors like Katie, Payton, and Fallon playing there.
Don’t give up on my Auzzies! Ha! If nothing else I just love them as good souls having visited there enough. Loved watching Hatchard for her hustle, toughness and defense for a couple years and I am hoping to enjoy watching Gracie Beasely for the next couple years! But you are right…with the ladies who have played in Europe and now the dynamic Chris duo (Chris Haslam for men’s BB and Chris Mayes for women’s BB) we are getting some pretty strong European connections!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:41 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Don’t give up on my Auzzies! Ha! If nothing else I just love them as good souls having visited there enough. Loved watching Hatchard for her hustle, toughness and defense for a couple years and I am hoping to enjoy watching Gracie Beasely for the next couple years! But you are right…with the ladies who have played in Europe and now the dynamic Chris duo (Chris Haslam for men’s BB and Chris Mayes for women’s BB) we are getting some pretty strong European connections!
I forgot that Gracie came from the land of backward swirling drains. I think we found her in Washington, or did Trish already have her on speed-text? I was thinking more of Ardern and the fact that a lot of Trish’s contacts in Australia may be as old as I seem to be these days. It’s hard to recruit more than one foreign continent. Rebekah Hatchard will always be a favorite. Aggressive, fast defender and a dead-eye “Australian” three-point shot. (I can’t remember the game she played there where that shot was developed). Super-nice kid as well.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:54 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:41 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
I forgot that Gracie came from the land of backward swirling drains. I think we found her in Washington, or did Trish already have her on speed-text? I was thinking more of Ardern and the fact that a lot of Trish’s contacts in Australia may be as old as I seem to be these days. It’s hard to recruit more than one foreign continent. Rebekah Hatchard will always be a favorite. Aggressive, fast defender and a dead-eye “Australian” three-point shot. (I can’t remember the game she played there where that shot was developed). Super-nice kid as well.
Gracie actually played two years of Junior College ball at Midland College. She had a very successful high school career in Australia….and when I spoke with her she said she knew she wanted to continue with her BB career so she was driven to look for opportunities in the US. She found Midland as an opportunity to get established in US. She transferred to UW after two years but due to injury she redshirted that year. Then she got caught in a coaching change at UW with a new coach that was set on building a team their way and Gracie seemed to be on the outside. It was during that time that Gracie’s contacts (I am not sure who) told her to take a look at MSU. Through her search for a new school she made her way here.

GrizgradCatFan

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:20 am

mslacat wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:43 am
Luke Mceldon a 6-11 very mobile forward / center who was on the MSU campus for the Gold Rush football game will be making his decision on where he will be playiing in college tonight. He took visits to MSU, Brown, Santa Clara and U Mass the past few weeks. He has been a players who has seen his recruitment really take off over the last couple of months and has seen many schools trying to get in on him lately. He would be an instant contributer for the Bobcats. He has 20 offers. Below is a link to his Verbal Commits page and I tweet he made after his Montana State visit.

https://twitter.com/luke_mceldon/status ... 49/photo/1

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/luke-mceldon
Any news on any of the other guys?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:33 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:20 am
mslacat wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:43 am
Luke Mceldon a 6-11 very mobile forward / center who was on the MSU campus for the Gold Rush football game will be making his decision on where he will be playiing in college tonight. He took visits to MSU, Brown, Santa Clara and U Mass the past few weeks. He has been a players who has seen his recruitment really take off over the last couple of months and has seen many schools trying to get in on him lately. He would be an instant contributer for the Bobcats. He has 20 offers. Below is a link to his Verbal Commits page and I tweet he made after his Montana State visit.

https://twitter.com/luke_mceldon/status ... 49/photo/1

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/luke-mceldon
Any news on any of the other guys?
Not a lot of news. The coaches seem be recruiting a lot of foreign players and it is tough find info on. Keep your eyes out this week end because traditionally home coming weekend is when both the Men and women tend to bring high priority recruits. With that in mind:

Keep your eye on 6-8 PF Marqus Marion from Dennmak. MSU was the first program to offer him and he holds offeres from MSU, Sam Jose St, George Washington with Dayton offereing him this week. He compares well to Great Osobor, Not quite as bulky but a little quicker and solid permiter skills. In the last couple of weeks he has started to catch the eye of more colleges with his play oversea. I am real high on Mr. Marion

Jacob Antchak 6-8 PF from Langely Canada is also a guy to keep an eye on. The coaches seem to be paying him a lot of attention during September. While MSU is the only D-1 school I can confirm has offered him, South Dakota, Sam Houston, UC Riverside, Seattle, Weber State and Vermount are showing interest currently, Additional he has a ton of offeres from D-2, Junior College and Canadian college teams. Here is a blurb on him from Nothing but net:
2022 6’8 Jacob Antchak (Kamloops Open/Canada) DIME Team 17u:
Antchak is a physical specimen that makes his presence felt in the paint on both ends. Antchak is dominant on the glass, provides second-chance points with offensive rebounds, alters shots around the basket, and has good back-to-the-basket moves to create scoring opportunities. He is effective from beyond the arc, which pulls bigs away from the basket and opens up driving lanes for himself and his teammates. Antchak has the skill to be a stretch four at the next level.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:55 pm

This looks like an offer to a freshman in High School.

https://twitter.com/LattimoreF2026/stat ... svnbA&s=19

Sports is not bigger than life

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:49 pm

Update:

As posted in a seperate thread The Bobcat women signed 6-2 Ella Johnson from Elk River MN was signed on Wednesday and am pretty sure that will be it for the women this fall. They have have at least 1 to as many as 4 scholarships ( depending if Seniors White, Bad Bear or Jackson deide to add accept/request a Covid elligablity year). Johnson is a great pick-up and can play 4 positons for the Bobcats. Interesting enough she has a teamate on Elk River who the Bobcats are also recruiting for next years recruiting class.

The Bobcat men have not signed anyone yet but I beleive they is a chance still they could sign someone before this signing period ends next Wednesday. The guy who is a prime canidate to possibly sign is JC freshman 6-10 William Humer who hails from Sweden but will be plaing for McCook Community College. If he were to sign with the Bobcats (or anyone else) he would have 3 years of elligablity remaining. He has offeres from MSU, San Jose St and Rider. He and his parent took official visit to San Jose St Oct 30-Nov 1 and the Bobcats Nov 2- Nov 4. He has not visited Rider (that I know) though. Humer is a big man who can post up or shoot the three. He needs some developement.

Previuosly I mentioned Denmark's 6-9 Marqus Marion and while he has not eliminated any schools yet Wake Forest, Xavier and DePaul (among others) in the last couple of weeks so he maybe beyond the Bobcat's reach now.

Sprinkle and Haslam were looking hard at 6-8 Jacob Antchak from a Canadian prep school. Verbal Commits calls out MSU as his only offer, but I am not sure if the Bobcats actually have him. If they had, I think he would have signed last Wednesday. Two or three D-1 are showing interest, but has a ton of offeres from JC's, D-2's and other non-D-1 schools.

I have heard at least two other prospects have visted campus but I can not verify who they were.

The Bobcat's have only two scholarships to offer (1 or two may open up in the spring)

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:10 am

mslacat wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:49 pm
Update:

As posted in a seperate thread The Bobcat women signed 6-2 Ella Johnson from Elk River MN was signed on Wednesday and am pretty sure that will be it for the women this fall. They have have at least 1 to as many as 4 scholarships ( depending if Seniors White, Bad Bear or Jackson deide to add accept/request a Covid elligablity year). Johnson is a great pick-up and can play 4 positons for the Bobcats. Interesting enough she has a teamate on Elk River who the Bobcats are also recruiting for next years recruiting class.

The Bobcat men have not signed anyone yet but I beleive they is a chance still they could sign someone before this signing period ends next Wednesday. The guy who is a prime canidate to possibly sign is JC freshman 6-10 William Humer who hails from Sweden but will be plaing for McCook Community College. If he were to sign with the Bobcats (or anyone else) he would have 3 years of elligablity remaining. He has offeres from MSU, San Jose St and Rider. He and his parent took official visit to San Jose St Oct 30-Nov 1 and the Bobcats Nov 2- Nov 4. He has not visited Rider (that I know) though. Humer is a big man who can post up or shoot the three. He needs some developement.

Previuosly I mentioned Denmark's 6-9 Marqus Marion and while he has not eliminated any schools yet Wake Forest, Xavier and DePaul (among others) in the last couple of weeks so he maybe beyond the Bobcat's reach now.

Sprinkle and Haslam were looking hard at 6-8 Jacob Antchak from a Canadian prep school. Verbal Commits calls out MSU as his only offer, but I am not sure if the Bobcats actually have him. If they had, I think he would have signed last Wednesday. Two or three D-1 are showing interest, but has a ton of offeres from JC's, D-2's and other non-D-1 schools.

I have heard at least two other prospects have visted campus but I can not verify who they were.

The Bobcat's have only two scholarships to offer (1 or two may open up in the spring)
I do not think the Bobcat men will be signing anyone this fall (the signing period ends tomorrow - Wednesday 11/16). Humer committed yesterday to San Jose St and another big man from Washington we were looking at signed with Central Michigan. I could be wrong, though.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:29 pm

BTW I am not that upset about losing Humer to San Jose St. Through 4 games he has avg 3pts 4reb a game he started the first two games came off the bench for the third (16 minutes PT) and fourth (8 min PT) for a below avg JC team. I don't want to sound all sour grapes he proably could contribute next year off the bench, but I am confident Danny can sign another big man transfer this spring of equal or better talent.

JimboCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JimboCat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:54 pm

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:12 am

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:17 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:12 am
https://msubobcats.com/news/2022/11/25/ ... ogram.aspx

WBB going international.
Wow, this is an interesting group of signees to say the least! No surprise that Binford went back to Canada after they got Dykstra in the last class, who appears to be an absolute steal at the Big Sky level.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:22 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:17 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:12 am
https://msubobcats.com/news/2022/11/25/ ... ogram.aspx

WBB going international.
Wow, this is an interesting group of signees to say the least! No surprise that Binford went back to Canada after they got Dykstra in the last class, who appears to be an absolute steal at the Big Sky level.
Ditto. I was surprised to see this list when it came out. There was a young lady from Billings that came available this past week and I was hoping she might give MSU another chance…..but looks like Coach had her commits all lined out.

And I don’t recall any recruits ever from Wales?! Interesting.

Mtcatfan

Post by Mtcatfan » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:25 pm

I understand former Billings Skyview all state player Brooke Berry who received a full ride to New Mexico has entered the portal and has been in contact with MSU womens coaches 🤛.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:38 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:25 pm
I understand former Billings Skyview all state player Brooke Berry who received a full ride to New Mexico has entered the portal and has been in contact with MSU womens coaches 🤛.
...and Binford does have an open scholarship she could give to Ms Berry for the second semester \:D/

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:36 pm

mslacat wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:38 pm
Mtcatfan wrote:
...and Binford does have an open scholarship she could give to Ms Berry for the second semester \:D/
In the cart before the horse department, would Berry project as a point guard, shooting guard or small forward in a Binford system?

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:03 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:36 pm
mslacat wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:38 pm
Mtcatfan wrote:
In the cart before the horse department, would Berry project as a point guard, shooting guard or small forward in a Binford system?
Probably any of the three. She's that good. Point Forward?
From what I've seen, she's definitely in the four to five star range. Though there doesn't seem to be too many sites on Montana ratings. That's what I've seen in comparison with others rated nation wide.

GrizgradCatFan

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:24 am

I think Danny had a recruit at the game the other night. Anybody aware of who it was?