WBB vs South Dakota State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

WBB vs South Dakota State

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:09 am

I wished we could have come out of Texas with a couple wins to be 6-1 now going into the next stretch of games (rather than 4-3). We have South Dakota State on Wednesday….followed by Wyoming, St. Mary’s, then LSU and Nevada in the Maui Tournament. If we still have a winning record going into Big Sky play after this stretch then I will be excited about the season. Actually I’ll still be excited regardless but will hope we get a couple “up-level” wins to help seeding chances.

If you want to see a top tier mid-major team play, then come to the SDSU game on Wednesday night here in Bozeman. This is a quality team that plays great basketball. I’ve gotten to follow the SDSU program and I applaud their success for a small school like us. In previous posts, I’ve mentioned their record since the 23 year head coach took over…. they have had 19 twenty win seasons. They have been to NCAA 10 times and WNIT 5 times. They have several 1st round victories in the NCAA and made Sweet 16 once. Last year they won the WNIT with wins over Ohio, Minnesota, Drake, Alabama, UCLA and Seton Hall. The WNIT MVP, Myah Selland, and all conference team member, Haleigh Timmer return and will be playing against the Bobcats on Wednesday night (BTW both of these young ladies are South Dakota natives).

SDSU record stands at 4-3 going into the game with wins over Lehigh, Mississippi State, Rutgers, and Louisville (Louisville was ranked in Top 10 on majors poll). Their losses have been to Creighton, UCLA and Washington State. They have started with a schedule of tough opponents.

I’m sure they will be out for a little revenge on Wednesday against the Cats since they are coming off the worst loss of the season by 20 points to Washington State on Monday night. This will be a true test against a quality opponent at home….if we keep this one close it will tell me a lot about our team. Watch SDSU…how disciplined they play, their passes, their positioning on the court, ball movement and rebounding.

DMMDCats

Re: WBB vs South Dakota State

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:16 pm

Wear grey(gray) for Brain Cancer Awareness.

"Join us this Wednesday for our Women's Basketball Brain Cancer Awareness game against South Dakota State at 7PM! Tickets only $5 if you wear grey!"

Have a wonderful day!!

hoopsforhope
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hoopsforhope » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:20 pm

Is there a link for the online auction?

Looking forward to the game. I hope they come out fierce and ready.
Go bobcats go!

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:14 pm

hoopsforhope wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:20 pm
Is there a link for the online auction?

Looking forward to the game. I hope they come out fierce and ready.
Go bobcats go!
https://e.givesmart.com/events/u6t/

Have a wonderful day!!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:48 am

There will be a positive modification to the ESPN announcer(s) 8) =D^

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:18 pm

I can’t make it down. I have 2 tix to give away if anyone wants them.

PM me.

Have a wonderful day!!

aucat

Post by aucat » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:23 pm

Where is the radio broadcast now??

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:31 pm

Cats win 71-66. That's a big time win with Kola still out. Go Cats!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:08 pm

What massive wins by both our teams tonight and both without their starting centers.

Beating SDSU is just huge. That is an excellent basketball team. We may have caught them on a bad night. They got off to a horrible start in the first quarter whereas the Bobcats were red hot. I think we were over 60% in the first half. I thought it was all for not when the Jackrabbits took the lead in the 3rd quarter, but our team fought back. The Bobcat's defense in the 4th quarter won it. Darian's big steal at the end sealed it. Darian is unpressable in those situations and she knocked down her free throws. Deden had a really good game especially in the first half. This win should give the team some confidence. SDSU is always a potential top 25 team. They're who we're stiving to be.

aucat

Post by aucat » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:24 am

aucat wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:23 pm
Where is the radio broadcast now??
I found it. It was on 103.5 in Bozeman. I wanted to hear the Coach's comments after I came out of the game.

Whatever these ladies had going for them tonight, I hope they put it in a bottle. One of the best games I have'
seen them play in quite some time. And that's without any minutes from Kola who is still recovering from injury.

Does anyone know why Lindsey is not getting any playing time? She was pedaling the bike for much of the game but
I don't think she ever came in.

But again, great win against a very good team. Bodes well for BSC play if they can play at this level on both O and D.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:02 am

Wow…just wow. Color me pre-game as “Doubting BobcatDel”. Just wow.

I agree with the comment this was the best complete game I have seen them play in quite awhile. They started fast for a change and set SDSU back on their heels a bit. In particular in the first half the rebounding of the entire team, but Deden was “making hay” on the boards and on the offensive end.

Too many to mention but Beattie, Limardo and Jansen nailed some critical 3s at key junctions. And Limardo with those long arms was continuously disrupting passes and plays….

But one of the things I was most proud of was really that Q4. You can’t hold a good team like SDSU down and when SDSU clawed back to get the lead and looked they might take control midway through Q4…..we just could have laid down….but instead we seemed to get a second wind….maybe our depth on the bench was a factor because we just outplayed them the last 4 minutes like we wanted it more….whatever it was it’s what good teams do….they pick up and win. I know for the game we were out-rebounded 44-29 but our defense in that last 4 minutes contributed a number of key turnovers….we ended up forcing 20 turnovers by SDSU while keeping ours to 12. I sure like the way the crowd was getting into it in the final minutes…and I may have been mistaken but I thought the crowd noise was impacting the SDSU players…good job crowd just wish you were twice as big!

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:55 am

Appears the Cats are putting things together nicely. They're going to be a tough out come conference season!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:19 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:48 am
SACCAT is taking over everything! Much better broadcast with an experienced play-by-play commentator that allows the original commentator to do color commentary, which is more or less what she was already doing without a play-by-play guy. Good job to all involved!

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:47 pm

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:55 am
Appears the Cats are putting things together nicely. They're going to be a tough out come conference season!
Congrats on your victory over South Dakota State, the winners of last year's WNIT. For all intents and purposes, not an easy team to walk away with a victory over. Makes the Big Sky Conf. a tougher conference than others thought we were. Good job!!!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:50 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:19 am
arvcat2 wrote:
SACCAT is taking over everything! Much better broadcast with an experienced play-by-play commentator that allows the original commentator to do color commentary, which is more or less what she was already doing without a play-by-play guy. Good job to all involved!
Yes, the broadcast team did quite well, especially considering and assuming that last night was the first time they worked together. I hope this arrangement continues for the whole season.

As to the game itself, great win to stop the skid! Pleased to see Binford let Deden play instead of pulling her after the slightest miscue.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:00 pm

Great win ladies.

Way to stick with it and play hard nose.

Have a wonderful day!!

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:55 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:00 pm
Great win ladies.

Great win…… also a win with the broadcast team. Great solution. I like this team……. Too bad that the play of the game by Beasley didn’t count.
I think the team is headed in the right direction, but need Bad Bear back on the court. Dykstra is going to be a factor for a long time……. I like the toughness she brings to a team that I felt was frankly too soft! Happy to see Deden have a great game……. The talent is there if she’s coachable!
The maturity of White and the calmness she brings to every catastrophe is a game changer. I’m not sure we could’ve won that game last year. I like the mental toughness of this team!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:12 pm

Catlady wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:55 pm
DMMDCats wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:00 pm
Great win ladies.

Great win…… also a win with the broadcast team. Great solution. I like this team……. Too bad that the play of the game by Beasley didn’t count.
I think the team is headed in the right direction, but need Bad Bear back on the court. Dykstra is going to be a factor for a long time……. I like the toughness she brings to a team that I felt was frankly too soft! Happy to see Deden have a great game……. The talent is there if she’s coachable!
The maturity of White and the calmness she brings to every catastrophe is a game changer. I’m not sure we could’ve won that game last year. I like the mental toughness of this team!
You said it! That Beasley play was so amazing. She gets the steal, dribbles behind her back, dishes to a wide open Beattie for the layup...but clatters into the defender for the charge. I was pretty mad about that call until I saw the replay. Dang it if the refs didn't get it right. But what you said about White is so true. Remember the inbounds pass to her on the sideline? I forget who was inbounding, but she threw it to Darian who was between three taller defenders. Darian, who can really jump, grabbed it and dibbled out of the trap until she was fouled. She totally saved us from disaster there. And then made the free throws.

stickerguy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by stickerguy » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:01 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:50 pm
MSU01 wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
Yes, the broadcast team did quite well, especially considering and assuming that last night was the first time they worked together. I hope this arrangement continues for the whole season.

As to the game itself, great win to stop the skid! Pleased to see Binford let Deden play instead of pulling her after the slightest miscue.
When he was in high school he would bug and bug the Great Dean Alexander to let him just sit in the booth and watch him call bball games. Dean was not on board with guests in the booth. Yet he persisted and look at him now. Local boy done good! Couldn't be more proud or happy for Ian.

Who hates the Grizzlies? Who want's a sticker?

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:13 am

stickerguy wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:01 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:50 pm
MSU01 wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:

When he was in high school he would bug and bug the Great Dean Alexander to let him just sit in the booth and watch him call bball games. Dean was not on board with guests in the booth. Yet he persisted and look at him now. Local boy done good! Couldn't be more proud or happy for Ian.
Interesting background insight there. An upgrade was seriously needed. I have no idea who was talking before, or who thought she could do the job, but I’m glad some adult has come to their senses. I missed SACCAT’S debut as I was just automatically syncing Daniel Sallee’s call for Bozeman stations via the Radio Pup app. I’ll have to change my ways.

But I do have a question. Many schools use their radio audio for their ESPN feed — so why does MSU/Learfield need to go to the expense of having two separate broadcasts?