MBB at Northern Classic

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

MBB at Northern Classic

Post by MSU01 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:06 am

First up today is UNC-Greensboro. In case anyone has forgotten what happened the last time these two teams played:

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB at Northern Classic

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:38 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:06 am
First up today is UNC-Greensboro. In case anyone has forgotten what happened the last time these two teams played:

I remember that well! Thanks for sharing again.

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:18 pm

I forgot about that! Thanks for posting....Is there any way to watch the game today?

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:37 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:18 pm
I forgot about that! Thanks for posting....Is there any way to watch the game today?
https://www.bethebeast.com/

Not free. The way it’s looking pregame, a refund request may be in order.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:10 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:37 pm
Cats15 wrote:

Panning fisheye webcam from the 4th row up. No commentary. No score graphics. Was not able to sync the radio broadcast to the live stream on the web browser, but was able to sync it on their iPad app for a while. Every couple of minutes the video jumps back "live" and then the radio broadcast is a good minute behind again. Total pain to keep resyncing it.

Blame Canada.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:43 pm

39-38 UNC - G up at half

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:52 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:10 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Cats15 wrote:

Panning fisheye webcam from the 4th row up. No commentary. No score graphics. Was not able to sync the radio broadcast to the live stream on the web browser, but was able to sync it on their iPad app for a while. Every couple of minutes the video jumps back "live" and then the radio broadcast is a good minute behind again. Total pain to keep resyncing it.

Blame Canada.
Folks, save your money. The webcast is a joke. They eventually put up a graphic but the score was rarely ever correct and the clock was never correct. The camera frequently panned away from the action to the empty end of the court. Next game, going to the radio broadcast and using my mind's eye for the action, like in the old days.

Not pertaining to the broadcast, but what the hell was up with playing music on the PA system during game play? Also, what is the point of four American universities going to Canada for an early season tournament?

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:24 pm

Cats fall 77-66. Second half shooting was abysmal, from the field and the line. If we shoot like the first half, we win by 4 or 5.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:02 pm

Blown out by Quinnipiac. If this team does happen to win the Big Sky tournament again they're doing everything to insure they'll be a 16th seed or in a first four game in Dayton.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:06 pm

Two pretty bad losses. If we think we are a decent mid major program we can't be dropping these games.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:04 pm

Lot of new pieces, need to gel quick

Sports is not bigger than life

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:43 pm

Ouch, Cats lose 72-71 to Middle Tennessee and go 0-3 over the weekend. Shot over 50% today but had 23 turnovers. From the play by play Belo missed what would've been the game winner.

aucat

Post by aucat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:51 pm

I listened to it. Love the passion of our announcer. I agree that both of our teams, men and women, are doing everything they can to earn a 16 seed should they win the Big Sky. Sounds like the men really played hard. Too many turnovers and some homecooking by the refs.

I look forward to watching both teams once we get into Big Sky play, even if our conference is definitely the minor leagues.

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:12 am

nevadacat wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:52 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:10 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Cats15 wrote:

Blame Canada.
Folks, save your money. The webcast is a joke. They eventually put up a graphic but the score was rarely ever correct and the clock was never correct. The camera frequently panned away from the action to the empty end of the court. Next game, going to the radio broadcast and using my mind's eye for the action, like in the old days.

Not pertaining to the broadcast, but what the hell was up with playing music on the PA system during game play? Also, what is the point of four American universities going to Canada for an early season tournament?
Keaton Gilogly's P X P is really good! Using his call to visualize what's going on is just as entertaiing as watching on TV.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:09 pm

I agree, he is good. I think the men are trying to find an identity and the right pieces to replace the experience we lost. While we may worry about seeds, I think coaches use the early games to be ready for league and the best way to win it. Makes sense because we could go undefeated in early games and if we don't win the Big Sky tourney we are not going to big dance

Sports is not bigger than life

DwaineF
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DwaineF » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:12 pm

I think we should always focus on winning the conference. Once that becomes more likely, we can then worry about tournament seeding. We aren't remotely close to achieving the first part yet. Hopefully last year was a start toward that acheivment.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:00 pm

I think it's gonna be hard to replace Xavier Bishop. He could penetrate at will and finish, shoot the three at a high percentage, and find the open man when the other two weren't there. Not many teams had a PG like him. Having watched the team a couple of times those are the things that are missing from this team.

2024 Resume dominance

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:51 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:00 pm
I think it's gonna be hard to replace Xavier Bishop. He could penetrate at will and finish, shoot the three at a high percentage, and find the open man when the other two weren't there. Not many teams had a PG like him. Having watched the team a couple of times those are the things that are missing from this team.
Agreed. X-man was the x-factor. The more I watched him the more I realized how totally good that guy was. He made us, as a team, a lot better.