WBB at San Jose State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7541
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

WBB at San Jose State

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:53 pm

https://themw.com/watch/?sid=493174

Watching at the above link. Had a 4 point lead then didn't score for what seemed like 10 minutes and fell behind by 10 points. Then Beattie got hot and they stormed all the way back and only trail by 1 at halftime. This team's offense is a bit clunky sometimes. They did this last season too early, but got it all clicking. I suspect this season will be the same.



User avatar
nevadacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1782
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 am
Location: Vegas, baby!

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by nevadacat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:57 pm

We have made a lot of bad passes and, until Beattie hit three long shots in a row at the end, there was a lid on the basket again.

San Jose isn’t that good and makes their hay playing very physical, with a couple guards who are beating us to the hoop and hitting 3s.

Hopefully our depth will show again in the 2nd half with us pulling away. We are a better team.


...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4731
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:56 pm

End of regulation play going into OT. 61-61


Let's Go Brandon!

User avatar
nevadacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1782
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 am
Location: Vegas, baby!

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by nevadacat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:09 pm

Cats win in OT. Darian scores a clutch basket down the stretch. Leia Beattie is game MVP with 27, a couple of those on steals after pouncing on an unsuspecting opponent like a … Bobcat. That lady is 100% hustle.


...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7541
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:12 pm

Bobcats win in overtime! Did I hear that right-Beattie with 27 points? I was watching with the sound off. Looked like she has having a good game but I didn't realize it was that good.
SJSU had a little of an athletic advantage, but the Bobcats were gritty and determined. Beasley and White on the floor at the same time at the end really was a spark. Any win over a Mountain West team is a big win-and twice as big on the road.
Great job Cats!



rivercat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Bozeman emigrant, Whitehall immigrant

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by rivercat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:13 pm

Three stars were:
Leia Beattie
Leia Beattie
Leia Beattie


"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7541
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:13 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:09 pm
Cats win in OT. Darian scores a clutch basket down the stretch. Leia Beattie is game MVP with 27, a couple of those on steals after pouncing on an unsuspecting opponent like a … Bobcat. That lady is 100% hustle.
Leia is really sneaky that way. A very crafty player.



BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:21 pm

I said our “Killer Bs” won that one. “Beattie, Bad Bear and Beasley” account for 56 of 74 points. Beattie 27 is new career high for her. I think Beasley ended with 17 if I scored right which is close to a career high for her!
Last edited by BobcatDel on Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.



MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5779
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by MSU01 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:21 pm

Didn't get to see the game tonight, but it's nice to see Leia had such a good night. She was really struggling with her shooting last week in the two home games. Go Cats!


Go Bobcats! 55-21

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:25 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:53 pm
https://themw.com/watch/?sid=493174

Watching at the above link. Had a 4 point lead then didn't score for what seemed like 10 minutes and fell behind by 10 points. Then Beattie got hot and they stormed all the way back and only trail by 1 at halftime. This team's offense is a bit clunky sometimes. They did this last season too early, but got it all clicking. I suspect this season will be the same.
Thanks for sharing link. I was listening on radio but jumped on the link when you sent!



4Mare
New Recruit
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 1:34 am

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by 4Mare » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:45 am

White didn’t put up as many as points as usual but she & Dykstra led the boards (White - 10, Dykstra - 7). Beasley brought the energy and Beattie was a beast throughout the game!

Top Performers based on efficiency from statbroadcast.com:
Beattie - 27 pnts 5 rebs 23 efficiency
Beasley - 16 pnts 6 rebs 18 efficiency
Bad Bear - 13 pnts 4 rebs 14 efficiency
Dykstra - 7 pnts 7 rebs 9 efficiency

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/ ... My4wLjAuMA



User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
Member # Retired
Posts: 2609
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:12 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:25 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:53 pm
https://themw.com/watch/?sid=493174

Watching at the above link. Had a 4 point lead then didn't score for what seemed like 10 minutes and fell behind by 10 points. Then Beattie got hot and they stormed all the way back and only trail by 1 at halftime. This team's offense is a bit clunky sometimes. They did this last season too early, but got it all clicking. I suspect this season will be the same.
Thanks for sharing link. I was listening on radio but jumped on the link when you sent!
The Mountain West Conference has a very solid app — I’ve used it for several years. Put it on your phone or tablet and you’re ready to go. It has an easy-to-use calendar to find what’s going on in any sport on any date. With the app I always know where to find the coverage if we are playing against a MWC team. They have VOD replays as well.

I thought our team looked like my family always did when we used to travel fairly often from Bozeman down to sea level in the Puget Sound area — the first 24-48 hours after arriving into actual oxygen I was always so drowsy it was hard to avoid napping, which the younger me never did.



User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
Member # Retired
Posts: 2609
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:16 am

4Mare wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:45 am
White didn’t put up as many as points as usual but she & Dykstra led the boards (White - 10, Dykstra - 7). Beasley brought the energy and Beattie was a beast throughout the game!

Top Performers based on efficiency from statbroadcast.com:
Beattie - 27 pnts 5 rebs 23 efficiency
Beasley - 16 pnts 6 rebs 18 efficiency
Bad Bear - 13 pnts 4 rebs 14 efficiency
Dykstra - 7 pnts 7 rebs 9 efficiency

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/ ... My4wLjAuMA
I thought Kola really battled some big bodies inside, and she stayed out of foul trouble. You could tell from her face that she was really expending a lot of energy.



rfischer94
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:16 pm

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by rfischer94 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:23 am

That defense from SJSU was tough! It seemed like we couldn't get the ball inside very effectively at times. How much fun was it to watch Beattie GO OFF?



User avatar
84CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 742
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by 84CatGrad » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:31 am

This team can be very frustrating to watch (how many horrible post passes got picked off in this game?!?!) but they find a way to win. Dykstra looks great out there. We need somebody who is really strong in the post and she may not quite be there yet but I think she'll get there.



Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by Mtcatfan » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:24 pm

I kept looking for fans at the game. Couldn’t have been 25 people there. 😳



User avatar
WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:50 pm

Great win for the 'cats! On the road, even. Congratulations. How the hell did you lose to Arizona State, by the way?



rivercat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Bozeman emigrant, Whitehall immigrant

Re: WBB at San Jose State

Post by rivercat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:54 am

WyomingGrizFan wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:50 pm
Great win for the 'cats! On the road, even. Congratulations. How the hell did you lose to Arizona State, by the way?
Spotted them the first 20 points. Hole was too big the climb out of.


"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Post Reply