Summer Updates on WBB

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Summer Updates on WBB

Post by Catlady » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:23 am

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:08 pm
Blaire Braxton has removed her position as MSU assistant coach from her Twitter bio.
Bummer of the summer! I’m still depressed by this move.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:15 pm

The final spot on the coaching staff is filled. He has a very interesting background, I'm not sure how much talent there is in Europe for WBB compared to MBB but this seems like an indication of MSU trying to expand their recruiting footprint over there.
https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsWBB/status/1567221784013078528

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:49 am

Welcome to the Bobcat family Coach Mayes!

I have a very good feeling about this hire.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:33 pm

Ok, time to get the season started! Hoping the team can repeat. Last season was a roller coaster. I still feel like this team is missing something.

Got to get the last game out of my mind! Did she really dunk on us?

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:02 pm

She did. But it did not take away our Big Sky title. I'm very excited to see Marah Dykstra, Grace Beasley and the two new freshman guards play. Also want to see how Lindsey Hein does. I assume she is healthy now.

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:22 pm

Ready for the season to get going……. Some additions and a cast of returning players. I think we’re going to miss Mocchi! She brought attitude in some tough situations. Last year might’ve been Binford’s best coaching job. She got a lot out of a group that just didn’t seem hungry. I still see us leading the conference, but wouldn’t be surprised if we fell in the standings. That’s how unpredictable the team was last season. Who is going to want to take the shot when the games on the line?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:19 pm

Ilikecats wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:22 pm
Ready for the season to get going……. Some additions and a cast of returning players. I think we’re going to miss Mocchi! She brought attitude in some tough situations. Last year might’ve been Binford’s best coaching job. She got a lot out of a group that just didn’t seem hungry. I still see us leading the conference, but wouldn’t be surprised if we fell in the standings. That’s how unpredictable the team was last season. Who is going to want to take the shot when the games on the line?
I would agree with you that Mocchi is going to be harder to replace than people think. She could post up, shoot the three, rebound and defend. I think those things can be replaced by returning and new players, but it is the intangables of her hustle, aditude and grit which will be the hardest to replace. That said, though, I think Mia Hughes could help fill the gap in these areas, if she can bring her game up a little. She started a game or two at the stsert of last season, but fell out of the rotation as the season progressed, still though her game has always been about hustle and grit as an undersized poer player. Keep your eye on Hughes this fall and winter I think she is going to be a fan favorite!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:11 pm

Ilikecats wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:22 pm
I see this team as unanimous preseason favorites and keeping that #1 position through the season. The level of talent, depth and experience on the team is remarkable. If they start out strong in the OOC games and pick off a few big programs, they could get a seed that wouldn't have them playing a #1 - #6 in the first round.

I know there's a whole season for things to play out, but this is a realistic ambition.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate