TRANSFERS/RECRUITING

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: TRANSFERS/RECRUITING

Post by wapiti » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:46 am

duelalumnicat wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:35 pm
Luke McEldon committed to Santa Clara.

I think that the fact that MSU was even in the running with a high mid-major like Santa Clara is a clear statement on the quality of the program that Coach Sprinkle is building at MSU.
Maybe he will be disappointed with Santa Clara in the next year or two and transfer to MSU.

Bobcat4Ever
Member # Retired

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:09 pm

The women’s basketball team has three in-state players, all three of whom have started a lot or a little. I think that’s about as good as can be expected. Coach Bin has done a good job of finding Montana (and Idaho and Washington) players who can play at a high-level. I suspect that Europe may be replacing Australia in her foreign recruiting. We’ve had some pretty good ambassadors like Katie, Payton, and Fallon playing there.

BobcatDel
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:41 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:09 pm
The women’s basketball team has three in-state players, all three of whom have started a lot or a little. I think that’s about as good as can be expected. Coach Bin has done a good job of finding Montana (and Idaho and Washington) players who can play at a high-level. I suspect that Europe may be replacing Australia in her foreign recruiting. We’ve had some pretty good ambassadors like Katie, Payton, and Fallon playing there.
Don’t give up on my Auzzies! Ha! If nothing else I just love them as good souls having visited there enough. Loved watching Hatchard for her hustle, toughness and defense for a couple years and I am hoping to enjoy watching Gracie Beasely for the next couple years! But you are right…with the ladies who have played in Europe and now the dynamic Chris duo (Chris Haslam for men’s BB and Chris Mayes for women’s BB) we are getting some pretty strong European connections!

Bobcat4Ever
Member # Retired

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:41 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Don’t give up on my Auzzies! Ha! If nothing else I just love them as good souls having visited there enough. Loved watching Hatchard for her hustle, toughness and defense for a couple years and I am hoping to enjoy watching Gracie Beasely for the next couple years! But you are right…with the ladies who have played in Europe and now the dynamic Chris duo (Chris Haslam for men’s BB and Chris Mayes for women’s BB) we are getting some pretty strong European connections!
I forgot that Gracie came from the land of backward swirling drains. I think we found her in Washington, or did Trish already have her on speed-text? I was thinking more of Ardern and the fact that a lot of Trish’s contacts in Australia may be as old as I seem to be these days. It’s hard to recruit more than one foreign continent. Rebekah Hatchard will always be a favorite. Aggressive, fast defender and a dead-eye “Australian” three-point shot. (I can’t remember the game she played there where that shot was developed). Super-nice kid as well.

BobcatDel
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:54 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:41 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
I forgot that Gracie came from the land of backward swirling drains. I think we found her in Washington, or did Trish already have her on speed-text? I was thinking more of Ardern and the fact that a lot of Trish’s contacts in Australia may be as old as I seem to be these days. It’s hard to recruit more than one foreign continent. Rebekah Hatchard will always be a favorite. Aggressive, fast defender and a dead-eye “Australian” three-point shot. (I can’t remember the game she played there where that shot was developed). Super-nice kid as well.
Gracie actually played two years of Junior College ball at Midland College. She had a very successful high school career in Australia….and when I spoke with her she said she knew she wanted to continue with her BB career so she was driven to look for opportunities in the US. She found Midland as an opportunity to get established in US. She transferred to UW after two years but due to injury she redshirted that year. Then she got caught in a coaching change at UW with a new coach that was set on building a team their way and Gracie seemed to be on the outside. It was during that time that Gracie’s contacts (I am not sure who) told her to take a look at MSU. Through her search for a new school she made her way here.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:20 am

mslacat wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:43 am
Luke Mceldon a 6-11 very mobile forward / center who was on the MSU campus for the Gold Rush football game will be making his decision on where he will be playiing in college tonight. He took visits to MSU, Brown, Santa Clara and U Mass the past few weeks. He has been a players who has seen his recruitment really take off over the last couple of months and has seen many schools trying to get in on him lately. He would be an instant contributer for the Bobcats. He has 20 offers. Below is a link to his Verbal Commits page and I tweet he made after his Montana State visit.

https://twitter.com/luke_mceldon/status ... 49/photo/1

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/luke-mceldon
Any news on any of the other guys?