Summer Updates on WBB

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Summer Updates on WBB

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:57 am

4Mare wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:42 am
Gold medal game vs. America was on Sunday. The US blew out every country by an average of 58.8 points in 5 games but Canada was not an easy win. US won by only 5 points last night (82-77). The US was led by Kiki Rice (UCLA), Grace Van Slooten (Oregon), Isuneh Brady (UCONN), Cotie McMahon (Ohio State) & Londynn Jones (UCLA).

Marah Dykstra held her own against the US, defended the bigs and helped chase on the perimeter. She also demonstrated her floor vision and passing skills with 4 assists, 11 points, 1 block & 5 boards in 25 mins. I agree, it doesn’t look like her role on the Canadian team was a scorer but she can still get a bucket if her team needs it and find open teammates. Finished 1st in rebounds p/game and 4th in efficiency for the tournament. Great experience for the rookie before coming into the Big Sky.
Dykstra didn’t suit up for games 4 & 5. Game 6, the championship against USA, she didn’t start but did play (I’ll guess her injury was a neck thing) and really showed off her skill set against superior talent, as mentioned above. Some of her passes were amazing and she seemed to get more aggressive with her offense, displaying quickness to the basket. IMHO, her offensive output during the tournament “suffered” from teammates not having passing skills (or the desire to pass) anywhere close to hers. That shouldn’t be an issue once she’s a Cat.

I’ll stick my neck out and predict she’ll be starting at the #4 position by, at least, mid-year of this coming season…she is that talented.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:57 am
4Mare wrote:
Gold medal game vs. America was on Sunday. The US blew out every country by an average of 58.8 points in 5 games but Canada was not an easy win. US won by only 5 points last night (82-77). The US was led by Kiki Rice (UCLA), Grace Van Slooten (Oregon), Isuneh Brady (UCONN), Cotie McMahon (Ohio State) & Londynn Jones (UCLA).

Marah Dykstra held her own against the US, defended the bigs and helped chase on the perimeter. She also demonstrated her floor vision and passing skills with 4 assists, 11 points, 1 block & 5 boards in 25 mins. I agree, it doesn’t look like her role on the Canadian team was a scorer but she can still get a bucket if her team needs it and find open teammates. Finished 1st in rebounds p/game and 4th in efficiency for the tournament. Great experience for the rookie before coming into the Big Sky.
Dykstra didn’t suit up for games 4 & 5. Game 6, the championship against USA, she didn’t start but did play (I’ll guess her injury was a neck thing) and really showed off her skill set against superior talent, as mentioned above. Some of her passes were amazing and she seemed to get more aggressive with her offense, displaying quickness to the basket. IMHO, her offensive output during the tournament “suffered” from teammates not having passing skills (or the desire to pass) anywhere close to hers. That shouldn’t be an issue once she’s a Cat.

I’ll stick my neck out and predict she’ll be starting at the #4 position by, at least, mid-year of this coming season…she is that talented.
I didn’t get to watch any of games…..but you guys are sure getting me excited to see her on the floor in a Bobcat uniform!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:18 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
4Mare wrote:

I didn’t get to watch any of games…..but you guys are sure getting me excited to see her on the floor in a Bobcat uniform!
You can watch the tournament games at your leisure at the link given previously. Here it is: https://www.fiba.basketball/americas/u1 ... 2022/games

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

4Mare
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 4Mare » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:46 pm

Rich K wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:18 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
4Mare wrote:

You can watch the tournament games at your leisure at the link given previously. Here it is: https://www.fiba.basketball/americas/u1 ... 2022/games
Dykstra looks humble and hungry to learn from a great coaching staff and her veteran teammates in Montana. She’s got a solid foundation/basketball IQ but will need time to learn the Bobcat systems. All the rookies will need to time to develop. Can’t wait to hear more about the whole team throughout the summer.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:00 am

imacat

Post by imacat » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:07 pm

The WBB team had it’s first practice according to a Facebook post.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:08 pm

Blaire Braxton has removed her position as MSU assistant coach from her Twitter bio.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:47 am

4Mare wrote:

1st in rebounds/game and 4th in efficiency. 4 assists in the championship game. Each one of those, performed well, will help our current team. I particularly like the Efficiency. International teams tout this. Here it’s buried deep in LiveStats. Welcome, Marah. Go, ‘Cats!
💙💛😺

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:57 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:08 pm
Blaire Braxton has removed her position as MSU assistant coach from her Twitter bio.
Say what?

imacat

Post by imacat » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:16 pm

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:29 pm

imacat wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:00 am
I really like the way Marah Dykstra moves on the court and the skills and athleticism she brings. Like every freshman she has some physical development to do and transitioning to D1 basketball. It might be a little early but I don't think it will be long till she is bringing Fallyn Frieje like all-around performance to this team. Let's hope so.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

imacat

Post by imacat » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:03 pm

4Mare
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 4Mare » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:24 pm

imacat

Post by imacat » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:44 am

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:58 pm

4Mare wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:24 pm
Non-conference schedule announced:
https://msubobcats.com/news/2022/7/14/w ... slate.aspx

Twitter: https://twitter.com/msubobcatswbb/statu ... L0t6vNtygg
Arizona State and South Dakota State in the Brick. Nice scheduling. The tough games are brutal, but there are some cupcakes, (or should be cupcakes) scattered into it to build confidence, try different things and give some bench players some playing time.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:00 pm

wapiti wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:58 pm
4Mare wrote:

Arizona State and South Dakota State in the Brick. Nice scheduling. The tough games are brutal, but there are some cupcakes, (or should be cupcakes) scattered into it to build confidence, try different things and give some bench players some playing time.
This is a really good schedule, for the team, the fans, and the program. That badge of being “an NCAA-tournament team” really helped. Everyone wants to play tournament teams to try to boost their own rankings. Hopefully we can develop as a team with this schedule and be ready to be a tournament team again. With the returning players + the return of Lindsey + the new transfers and recruits, am I the only one that feels like this program is on the cusp of becoming a true mid-major contender? Everyone on this team can really play — starter, reserve, it doesn’t matter.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:33 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:00 pm
wapiti wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:58 pm
4Mare wrote:

This is a really good schedule, for the team, the fans, and the program. That badge of being “an NCAA-tournament team” really helped. Everyone wants to play tournament teams to try to boost their own rankings. Hopefully we can develop as a team with this schedule and be ready to be a tournament team again. With the returning players + the return of Lindsey + the new transfers and recruits, am I the only one that feels like this program is on the cusp of becoming a true mid-major contender? Everyone on this team can really play — starter, reserve, it doesn’t matter.
On paper this year's team should be better than last year's Big Sky Champions. I look at the 12-line in the NCAA Tournament as where you need to get to potentially make some noise there, since then you're playing on a neutral court in the first round instead of a road game. We'll see if MSU can get there - they'd need a VERY strong non-conference season followed by a 2020-type conference record when they were 19-1 but they've done it before.

Mainly I'm excited to see another year of Darian and Kola playing together, and maybe two years if they both use the extra COVID year!

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:24 am

#27 ranked academic team in the country…..just missing Top 25.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... 74360.html

imacat

Post by imacat » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:23 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:24 am
#27 ranked academic team in the country…..just missing Top 25.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... 74360.html
Very impressive. GO CATS!!!

imacat

Post by imacat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:31 am