Gold Rush for Basketball?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Gold Rush for Basketball?

Post by CatBot » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:24 pm

Seems natural to have the equivalent promotion for basketball. I remember thinking this when the MBB team took down NDSU earlier in the season. I would love to see a great matchup for our first non-exhibition home game, and promote the heck out of it Gold Rush style. Perhaps a double header with men's and women's. Is this possible?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gold Rush for Basketball?

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:28 pm

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

My vote would be for the first conference home game every season.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:44 pm

I had similar thought...but why not for Cat/Griz...?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:06 pm

I would say the first game when everybody's back from Christmas break. Basketball starts so slowly. Pre-season games against bible colleges, no students for the first conference games, football still going on, etc. I feel like it really gets rolling after Christmas break...and do a women's gold rush game too!

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:29 am

This is a great idea! Maybe MBB can some one time use gold rush unis too. Too bad they can’t wear the white helmets too! :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:22 pm

Have wondered about that...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:27 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:06 pm
I would say the first game when everybody's back from Christmas break. Basketball starts so slowly. Pre-season games against bible colleges, no students for the first conference games, football still going on, etc. I feel like it really gets rolling after Christmas break...and do a women's gold rush game too!
I like this idea. Getting into conference, get students in to see a game. Men’s/women’s doubleheader for a special occasion like this would draw well. Alternate which team plays first and second. I think they could do a great job of promotion by focusing on one big event like this — the Gold Rush Basketball Bonanza — get a jewelry store to donate a tiny piece of gold in the little bottle for a special drawing. 💙💛😺

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:07 pm

So Gold for tonight?

Have a wonderful day!!

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:45 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:27 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
I like this idea. Getting into conference, get students in to see a game. Men’s/women’s doubleheader for a special occasion like this would draw well. Alternate which team plays first and second. I think they could do a great job of promotion by focusing on one big event like this — the Gold Rush Basketball Bonanza — get a jewelry store to donate a tiny piece of gold in the little bottle for a special drawing. 💙💛😺
I think it's called White Out for CAT/griz.

Neither of our basketball teams wear gold, why the push for gold rush when they already have established White Outs games for both teams?

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:47 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:27 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
This year's schedule and early season outcomes has me thinking a little different. Although on the road and a loss, the CU game in Boulder was epic. The NDSU game was an incredible win. It clear this team can play very good basketball at the start of the season, and using a promotion similar to Gold Rush would energize the entire fan base. I think it should definitely be a double header with both programs if possible.