WBB vs Sac State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

WBB vs Sac State

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:24 pm

I'm sorry I guess I'm old. I just didn't have the steam to take in the Christmas Stroll and/or make my way back to the Fieldhouse for tonight's game against Sacramento State. I'm comfortably in my jammie pants back in Belgrade and watching on ESPN+.

Bobcats off to a good start again leading by 10 at the end of the first quarter. We've seen this movie before. The lead most likely will be blown. But right now we are playing pretty good.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs Sac State

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:45 pm

Up 7 at the half. Cooled off considerably but managed to keep a lead.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:19 pm

Up 6 going into the 4th quarter. A couple of timely threes would have blown it open for us, but we missed. White missed three in a row and Mocchi missed two-all wide open. Defense has been pretty good, but Sac is still dangerous.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:58 pm

Bobcats win 76-69. They let Sac get within 4 a few times, but they never blew the lead. Gabby Mocchi was clutch in the 4th quarter with a big three and a big offensive rebound. Beattie ended up with a career high and is really turning into a nice player for us. Kola Bad Bear, sans knee brace, seems to be moving more freely and is playing well. She was undersized in a big way against Sacs bigs but held her own and then some. We missed a few too many free throws. Lots to improve on, but a good weekend sweep at home.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:00 pm

Hung on. A win by 7. Won on free throw line...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:40 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:00 pm
Poor free throw shooting was a big part of the reason MSU didn't win comfortably by double digits, but credit Darian for sinking them when they mattered at the end! It wasn't pretty but great to get a 2-0 start with a month of home games ahead to keep improving.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:17 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:40 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:00 pm
Poor free throw shooting was a big part of the reason MSU didn't win comfortably by double digits, but credit Darian for sinking them when they mattered at the end! It wasn't pretty but great to get a 2-0 start with a month of home games ahead to keep improving.
Good win! Overall effort lots better. Team showed improvements but some lapses. In my opinion the best game this season. Bad Bear showed that she can have an impact in the paint. Can Beattie show that kind of effort every game.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:21 pm

Yes, this was a VERY good win. Protect the home court at all costs. Missed having the band on hand but they were in full force at the football game.

Overall I thought we played well. I think we won in every statistical category.

For what it is worth, dang I thought Sac State was a very talented team. They have a great, penetrating point guard, similar to our Darian. They have some really big players and they can flat out shoot from the perimeter.

The fact that UM beat them by 16 for their fifth straight win shows that UM has a loaded team in the Big Sky.

But back our Lady Cats. Way to get to 2-0 in the Big Sky!

bobcat2651
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcat2651 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:45 am

does anyone know the extent of injuries to hughes and jackson?

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:18 am

bobcat2651 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:45 am
does anyone know the extent of injuries to hughes and jackson?
Maddie will be back in a couple weeks…hopefully. I didn’t know Hughes was injured….she was available to play against Sac State…did something happen this week? Perhaps you meant Hein? Her foot injury is going to take awhile…obviously still in a boot….I wouldn’t expect her to be back very soon.