MBB at Sac State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

MBB at Sac State

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:49 pm

Game tips off the same time our football playoff game kicks off because Sac has a football playoff game tonight. That little Sac gym is gonna feel pretty empty, I think. Hopefully we can remember how to make baskets in this one and get away with a win.

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB at Sac State

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:56 pm

We were ahead by 11 with 8 minutes to go when I started watching. Now, 1 point lead with 9 seconds to go. I feel we fell for the strategy of trying to kill time, instead of playing our game... its biting us now... however 4 seconds is to go now, Belo at the line.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:59 pm

Uh...Belo airballs the first free throw! Hits the 2nd and Sac state missed a decent 3 attempt. Way too close for comfort... am I imagining things, or is there some coach/player stress right now? Seemed Sprinkle was in the face of a few players..like I say , I might be just imagining it.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:18 pm

msu_agfan wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:59 pm
Uh...Belo airballs the first free throw! Hits the 2nd and Sac state missed a decent 3 attempt. Way too close for comfort... am I imagining things, or is there some coach/player stress right now? Seemed Sprinkle was in the face of a few players..like I say , I might be just imagining it.
I'd imagine there was quite a lot of stress today given that MSU was up 20 with 12 minutes left and came very close to losing. I wouldn't read anything into it beyond temporary frustration with how the team closed out the game.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:30 pm

Danny needs to take a serious look at how he manages leads late in games. He has developed a real tendency to allow leads to evaporate when he attempts to change the pace to protect the lead. Might be better to allow more flexibility.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:31 pm

They almost blew a 20 point lead! Sprinkle better be pissed. If there aren't some butts being chewed over that then that's on coach. This team needs to decide if they want to be good or not. It's all right there for them if they keep their focus.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:10 pm

8 road games so far, 1 home game victory and 2 exhibitions home games that don’t count this year, that’s a joke!

Don’t blame the coaches and players on the inconsistency so far they’ve been in airports and hotels all season. I’ll judge this team so far on the Colorado and New Mexico game that’s it!

Get more corporate sponsorship, fundraising and open some wallets and find the money to bring teams into Bozeman. Start now for next year raise the money to host a tournament, no excuses, let’s GO

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:28 pm

autocat wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:10 pm
8 road games so far, 1 home game victory and 2 exhibitions home games that don’t count this year, that’s a joke!

Don’t blame the coaches and players on the inconsistency so far they’ve been in airports and hotels all season. I’ll judge this team so far on the Colorado and New Mexico game that’s it!

Get more corporate sponsorship, fundraising and open some wallets and find the money to bring teams into Bozeman. Start now for next year raise the money to host a tournament, no excuses, let’s GO
Good point.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:25 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:30 pm
Danny needs to take a serious look at how he manages leads late in games. He has developed a real tendency to allow leads to evaporate when he attempts to change the pace to protect the lead. Might be better to allow more flexibility.
Reminds me of later in the game going to the prevent defense.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.