14 year old offered.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

14 year old offered.

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:52 pm

Is this a first for Bobcat basketball? A 14 year old offered a scholly



QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6934
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 pm

Is that Blythe's daughter?



BobcatDel
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:06 am

I haven’t seen this before! 5’9” as a 14 year old…..maybe come in an inch or so taller with additional strength when she graduates. Watching her videos….good first step quickness, looks unstoppable going to the hoop, nice form follow through and accuracy on outside shot, anticipates well on defense and gets in passing lane. Can’t wait to see her in a Bobcat uniform in a few years (I hope)!



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5173
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 pm
Is that Blythe's daughter?
It is. Good for her!



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:47 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 pm
Is that Blythe's daughter?
It is. Good for her!
Did Blythe’s husband attend MSU or play any sports? Would be awesome if they were both legacy MSU.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5173
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:38 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:47 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 pm
Is that Blythe's daughter?
It is. Good for her!
Did Blythe’s husband attend MSU or play any sports? Would be awesome if they were both legacy MSU.
He was on the football team for a bit but don’t recall for how long or much about his playing career. He was absolutely ripped though. Great athlete and great guy. She’s coming from great genes for sure.



User avatar
SACCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:27 am
Location: SPECTATORS

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by SACCAT » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:06 pm

Not sure exactly what grade that Mecklen Davis daughter is in (going into either 8th or 9th this next year) but she is getting some pretty good looks from teams like Gonzaga. Mecklen is the Girls coach over in Whitehall I believe. It makes me feel really old seeing players that I watched after college have kids that are in High School now...



User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5221
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:59 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:06 pm
Not sure exactly what grade that Mecklen Davis daughter is in (going into either 8th or 9th this next year) but she is getting some pretty good looks from teams like Gonzaga. Mecklen is the Girls coach over in Whitehall I believe. It makes me feel really old seeing players that I watched after college have kids that are in High School now...
She is really, really good. Would be nice to see her stay in Bozeman.



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11098
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:11 pm

I liked Mecklin's game. Not real tall, fast, or quick, but he was smart, strong, and scrappy. You could tell he was a really hard worker and would punish guards down on the block.



BobcatDel
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:31 pm

Thought this post fit better here than new 2025 recruiting thread. Another indication (along with Grace Hintz offer) that Coach Bin is in long range planning/recruiting mode considering the depth she will have on the lady WBB for next 4 years.

Malia Ruud 6’2” , 4.0 GPA, 2025 recruit.






BobcatDel
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:49 pm

Another early recruiting effort.

Taylor Stremlow. 5’7” guard out of Wisconsin. 2024 recruiting class. Also has an early offer from Marquette.




GoldstoneCat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1095
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: 14 year old offered.

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:44 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:11 pm
I liked Mecklin's game. Not real tall, fast, or quick, but he was smart, strong, and scrappy. You could tell he was a really hard worker and would punish guards down on the block.
Same. He brought energy too, just steady eddy every night bringing effort, toughness and smarts, as you said.



Post Reply