2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

imacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by imacat » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:31 pm

Recent commit Mareng Gatkouth is originally from Anchorage.

AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by AFCAT » Sat May 08, 2021 2:57 pm

QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

blueandgoldblitz
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon May 10, 2021 1:01 am

AFCAT wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:57 pm
Holy crap, he's huge. I know he's 7'3 but then to actually see him next to Sprinkle...

We could say TG makes the freshman wear pink thongs to every practice and you would say, "I'm so glad he left Missoula he tried that here and it didn't work either. LOL LMAF OMG LOL BAE" and whatever else you fruits over in Missoula say -Hi-Line

WolfPtCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WolfPtCat » Mon May 10, 2021 6:43 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:01 am
AFCAT wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:57 pm
Holy crap, he's huge. I know he's 7'3 but then to actually see him next to Sprinkle...
I don't know my sightlines/photography rules very well. Mom is slightly closer to the camera, so it may skew....but, she looks like she's got Sprinkle by an inch or two.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon May 10, 2021 11:08 am

Now that recruiting is done for 2021 and are roster is set (I hope) with 16 (I believe) scholarship players I think it is safe to say, top to bottom this is the most talented team since some of Durham's (may be ever)!

-Although I am still amazed Fish could not do better than sub .500 record with 2 potential NBA players on a roster-

The only problem is that a majority of Big Sky Conference teams are also in the same position.

We essentially have our entire staring line up back, and I think some of those return starters are going to be in a real battle to keep their starting spots. I also think there is going to be a real battle just to make the 2021-22 active roster. With sixteen scholarships I could see Sprinkle redshirt up to 3-4 players. There will be a real log jam at the wing position (2/3) so I could really battle there for playing time/redshirt, including Tyler Patterson. In terms of talent and team depth, my guess Great Osobor and Alex Germer may be in the best position to earn playing time as the 4 spot seems to have the least depth, although Issacs Spears, whom Sprinkle predicted would play a great deal at point guard, has the chance to beat out Kellen Tynes as Xavier Bishop as our back-up point guard.

CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatBot » Mon May 10, 2021 12:31 pm

mslacat wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:08 am
Now that recruiting is done for 2021 and are roster is set (I hope) with 16 (I believe) scholarship players I think it is safe to say, top to bottom this is the most talented team since some of Durham's (may be ever)!

-Although I am still amazed Fish could not do better than sub .500 record with 2 potential NBA players on a roster-

The only problem is that a majority of Big Sky Conference teams are also in the same position.

We essentially have our entire staring line up back, and I think some of those return starters are going to be in a real battle to keep their starting spots. I also think there is going to be a real battle just to make the 2021-22 active roster. With sixteen scholarships I could see Sprinkle redshirt up to 3-4 players. There will be a real log jam at the wing position (2/3) so I could really battle there for playing time/redshirt, including Tyler Patterson. In terms of talent and team depth, my guess Great Osobor and Alex Germer may be in the best position to earn playing time as the 4 spot seems to have the least depth, although Issacs Spears, whom Sprinkle predicted would play a great deal at point guard, has the chance to beat out Kellen Tynes as Xavier Bishop as our back-up point guard.
I like it. \:D/

Now the same thing with WBB if you don't mind...

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue May 11, 2021 9:30 pm

The Women's program, like the men are returning almost every body of significance, with the exception of starting all conference guard Tori Martell. Martel, though will be a big hole to fill. We also lost seldom used guards Sidney Zieske to finishing her degree and guard Sydney Stensgard to transfer. Senior (I believe) Ashley Van Sickle will return though. We lose 3 players and we have 3 new players so the Bobcats will be at their maximum normal 15 scholarships. Sprinkle had the luxury of having a handful of underclass man transfer that allowed him to pick up some transfers to bolster the team. Unless Binford picks up a late transfer, I think she is staying pat for next year. For this team to improve I think we will need to see Darian White to take her game up a notch. For that to happen we need one or two players to become all conference level. Next year teams are going to swarm White defensively. She needs a go to player (or two) that can make them pay. This is where the loss of Martell will really comes in to play. To go along with that we need to replace Martells three point shooting. Unfortunately two of our best three point shooters last year behind Martell were Stensgard and Zieske. This is where I feel we need Katelynn Limardo to be come a big three point threat. Sickle is also a pretty good 3 point shooter, but a little streaky. Also keep an eye incoming freshman 5-5 PG Casey Ardern who might be the teams best three point shooter the minute she steps on the court this fall.

The 2020-21 freshman class might have been our best recruiting class under Binford if not ever, and while we lost Stensgard the remaining 5 players have a lot of talent. 2021 we are going to need them to step it up. While we return just about everyone so do just about every other team, plus a lot of them have added more. Of our other 2 freshman Mia Hughs is a 5-10 forward in the mold of Peyton Ferris. She is a tough constant moving player who out works opponents. I think she is going to be a good one for us, but is going to have to work her way through a lot of depth. I can not wait to see 6-6 Lindsey Hein. She could be a force in the Big Sky, the only question is when

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue May 11, 2021 9:40 pm

mslacat wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:30 pm
The Women's program, like the men are returning almost every body of significance, with the exception of starting all conference guard Tori Martell. Martel, though will be a big hole to fill. We also lost seldom used guards Sidney Zieske to finishing her degree and guard Sydney Stensgard to transfer. Senior (I believe) Ashley Van Sickle will return though. We lose 3 players and we have 3 new players so the Bobcats will be at their maximum normal 15 scholarships. Sprinkle had the luxury of having a handful of underclass man transfer that allowed him to pick up some transfers to bolster the team. Unless Binford picks up a late transfer, I think she is staying pat for next year. For this team to improve I think we will need to see Darian White to take her game up a notch. For that to happen we need one or two players to become all conference level. Next year teams are going to swarm White defensively. She needs a go to player (or two) that can make them pay. This is where the loss of Martell will really comes in to play. To go along with that we need to replace Martells three point shooting. Unfortunately two of our best three point shooters last year behind Martell were Stensgard and Zieske. This is where I feel we need Katelynn Limardo to be come a big three point threat. Sickle is also a pretty good 3 point shooter, but a little streaky. Also keep an eye incoming freshman 5-5 PG Casey Ardern who might be the teams best three point shooter the minute she steps on the court this fall.

The 2020-21 freshman class might have been our best recruiting class under Binford if not ever, and while we lost Stensgard the remaining 5 players have a lot of talent. 2021 we are going to need them to step it up. While we return just about everyone so do just about every other team, plus a lot of them have added more. Of our other 2 freshman Mia Hughs is a 5-10 forward in the mold of Peyton Ferris. She is a tough constant moving player who out works opponents. I think she is going to be a good one for us, but is going to have to work her way through a lot of depth. I can not wait to see 6-6 Lindsey Hein. She could be a force in the Big Sky, the only question is when
Leia Beattie has a sweet outside shot. I look for her to knock down a lot of threes next season.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri May 14, 2021 9:17 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:40 pm
mslacat wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:30 pm

Leia Beattie has a sweet outside shot. I look for her to knock down a lot of threes next season.
I would tend to agree that she could be a bit factor as a scoring threat. She can score in a lot of ways, but I found her to be a little steaky from three. Weird thing is 2 of our better "Pure" shooters from 3 are 6'-3"

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri May 14, 2021 7:26 pm

mslacat wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:17 am
I would tend to agree that she could be a bit factor as a scoring threat. She can score in a lot of ways, but I found her to be a little steaky from three. Weird thing is 2 of our better "Pure" shooters from 3 are 6'-3"
I think they'll all get incrementally better. Ranson might surprise us too. Tori Martell wasn't always so automatic early in her career. I can't wait to find out.