Seniors

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6931
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: Seniors

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun May 09, 2021 6:07 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:28 pm
Yep. MSU01 has it right. If your name shows up on the official stat sheet as having played in a game, no matter how short the time, your redshirt is gone.
I think with the easy transfer rules now in place, red-shirting will mostly be a thing of the past except for injuries.



Catbasketball20
New Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:23 am

Re: Seniors

Post by Catbasketball20 » Tue May 11, 2021 11:53 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:20 pm
Catbasketball20 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:14 pm
I'm 100% on X, Abdul, and Amin coming back. DK will not. My predicted lineup is X, Raequan, Amin, Abdul and Jubrile. Second lineup my guess will be Kellen, Nick, Patrick, Tyler, and Borja or Great. We have a lot of very solid pieces next year so it will be interesting on how they get everyone time.
Isn’t this getting interesting? With your suggested lineups we would have two MaxPrep Players of the year (Germer at 6’8” and 44% shooter from arc and 6’7” Lecholat, MaxPrep and Gatorade POY, shooting 52% from field) and a 7’3” kid sitting on the bench.

So do you redshirt these as well as Isaac or do you play the entire rotation and build a dynamic young team like Binford did with her 7 freshmen ladies this year? Remember if they set a foot on the floor in any game they lose their redshirt year....guess Danny has to have a well thought out strategy for this young team next year. Don’t want to “waste” a year of development.

With WBB this year we only had one senior to help mold the freshmen crew. Danny has a solid group of seniors to help a group of six freshmen and two sophomores. I’m starting to like the future view here.
It's getting really fun. You let these Freshman come in, get acclimated into division 1 and don't have to waste a year in hoping that they can contribute right away then everyone gets frustrated. I think Sprinkle is going to be on the ideal path to a great team here now. Unless the guy is a can't miss first year player, would love to see the guys take a year to get stronger and understand the system.



User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1554
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Seniors

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue May 11, 2021 3:03 pm

Football gets 25% of the games to play redshirts. Shouldn’t basketball be granted at least four games, maybe non-conference, to play redshirts?



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5185
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Seniors

Post by RickRund » Wed May 12, 2021 10:59 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:03 pm
Football gets 25% of the games to play redshirts. Shouldn’t basketball be granted at least four games, maybe non-conference, to play redshirts?
And I guess this is an ncaa rule. If so it figures! Football is an 11ish game sport, basketball is a 30ish game sport but set one foot on the court and it is a year of eligibility used ](*,) ](*,)



User avatar
thefrank1
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 862
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Seniors

Post by thefrank1 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:51 pm

A rational explanation for the difference is the much higher risk of injury in football.


While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6669
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:05 am

Re: Seniors

Post by Cat Grad » Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:03 pm
Football gets 25% of the games to play redshirts. Shouldn’t basketball be granted at least four games, maybe non-conference, to play redshirts?
In actuality it makes a lot of sense. Teams such as Kentucky or Duke that are going the one and done route and the kid becomes an instant millionaire after one year lose quite a few kids to the Gonzagas of the world via transfers. This is hurting the Power 5 schools and college basketball overall because the mid-major schools are like the LDS schools now in that it's like watching a high school team beat the crap out of a middle school team.

The Oklahoma City Thunder had an average age of 20.5 on their roster while the Oklahoma State team had an average age of 20.5 this year.

Hell, I think the kid who'll start at quarterback for the Cats this year started on his huge high school at 13. What the hell is the thrill of watching a bunch of grown men at the collegiate level play against a group of kids?



User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5219
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: Seniors

Post by LTown Cat » Thu May 13, 2021 10:48 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:03 pm
Football gets 25% of the games to play redshirts. Shouldn’t basketball be granted at least four games, maybe non-conference, to play redshirts?
It's a ridiculous rule. I think they should use a date. Play as much as you want prior to 1/1 and you can redshirt. If you play after 1/1 you use a year of eligibility.



User avatar
coloradocat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: Seniors

Post by coloradocat » Thu May 13, 2021 11:08 am

LTown Cat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:48 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:03 pm
Football gets 25% of the games to play redshirts. Shouldn’t basketball be granted at least four games, maybe non-conference, to play redshirts?
It's a ridiculous rule. I think they should use a date. Play as much as you want prior to 1/1 and you can redshirt. If you play after 1/1 you use a year of eligibility.
I like the idea of a 1/1 rule for basketball and would also do something similar for football like 10/1. If you're playing freshman in the middle of the season they aren't really redshirting, regardless of how many games they've played.

Alternatively, how about just non-conference games (for both sports)? It's essentially the same as a date rule plus they could play in post-conference play tournaments if desired/needed.


Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcr-MPCJKc

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9787
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Seniors

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:40 pm





"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Seniors

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:59 pm

Love it!


FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3972
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Seniors

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:25 pm

Or just give everyone five years of eligibility and end the redshirt rule.


QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4404
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Seniors

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm

Abdul Mohamed also confirmed to be returning:

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/6/7/me ... eason.aspx

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Seniors

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Abdul Mohamed also confirmed to be returning:

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/6/7/me ... eason.aspx

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!
Yes! that is huge.

I am really looking forward to Next season! A ton of talent returning on this team.... while it seems like every other team in the league lost everyone to the transfer portal.


FTG- GO CATS GO!

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 am

Re: Seniors

Post by Griz__00 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Abdul Mohamed also confirmed to be returning:

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/6/7/me ... eason.aspx

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!
Yes! that is huge.

I am really looking forward to Next season! A ton of talent returning on this team.... while it seems like every other team in the league lost everyone to the transfer portal.
I’m sorry, what? The only team that lost significant pieces to the portal was NAU. And all they did to replace that was add a top 80 recruit who averaged a little under 10 PPG for Va Tech. Have you been paying attention to the rest of the league at all? Everyone has gotten better. UNC returns everyone and adds a top 10 JUCO player in the country, already is being touted as the “next Oral Roberts” by one analyst (Sean Paul)who predicted ORU to the sweet 16 before selection Sunday. Weber returns everyone but Brown, and adds a second team All-WAC transfer from UVU as well as a former MWC Freshman of the Year and the most experienced college basketball player in the country next season. UI has an empty roster to fill. EWU lost a lot but has already added some solid pieces. PSU has brought in 3 transfers who all averaged 10+ PPG at their previous D-1 stops. UM returns everyone and adds a bunch of talented transfers and incoming freshman. ISU returns everyone. SUU returns everyone and adds an accomplished D-1 shooter as their only transfer. The only teams you could argue won’t be better next year are EWU and UI. I don’t know how you formed your opinion, but if you’re expecting an easy league next season, you will get everything but that. This will be the most talented the BSC has been in years, maybe even decades.
Last edited by Griz__00 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.



imacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Seniors

Post by imacat » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:08 am

Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Abdul Mohamed also confirmed to be returning:

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/6/7/me ... eason.aspx

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!
Yes! that is huge.

I am really looking forward to Next season! A ton of talent returning on this team.... while it seems like every other team in the league lost everyone to the transfer portal.
I’m sorry, what? The only team that lost significant pieces to the portal was NAU. And all they did to replace that was add a top 80 recruit who averaged a little under 10 PPG for Va Tech. Have you been paying to the rest of the league at all? Everyone has gotten better. UNC returns everyone and adds a top 10 JUCO player in the country, already is being touted as the “next Oral Roberts” by one analyst (Sean Paul)who predicted ORU to the sweet 16 before selection Sunday. Weber returns everyone but Brown, and adds a second team All-WAC transfer from UVU as well as a former MWC Freshman of the Year and the most experienced college basketball player in the country next season. UI has an empty roster to fill. EWU lost a lot but has already added some solid pieces. PSU has brought in 3 transfers who all averaged 10+ PPG at their previous D-1 stops. UM returns everyone and adds a bunch of talented transfers and incoming freshman. ISU returns everyone. SUU returns everyone and adds an accomplished D-1 shooter dry as their only transfer. The only teams you could argue won’t be better next year are EWU and UI. I don’t know how you formed your opinion, but if you’re expecting an easy league next season, you will get everything but that. This will be the most talented the BSC has been in years, maybe even decades.
Yes, it should be a very enjoyable season. The stronger the conference, the better for everyone.

I’m looking forward to watching how it plays out.



User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Seniors

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm

Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Abdul Mohamed also confirmed to be returning:

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/6/7/me ... eason.aspx

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!
Yes! that is huge.

I am really looking forward to Next season! A ton of talent returning on this team.... while it seems like every other team in the league lost everyone to the transfer portal.
I’m sorry, what? The only team that lost significant pieces to the portal was NAU. And all they did to replace that was add a top 80 recruit who averaged a little under 10 PPG for Va Tech. Have you been paying attention to the rest of the league at all? Everyone has gotten better. UNC returns everyone and adds a top 10 JUCO player in the country, already is being touted as the “next Oral Roberts” by one analyst (Sean Paul)who predicted ORU to the sweet 16 before selection Sunday. Weber returns everyone but Brown, and adds a second team All-WAC transfer from UVU as well as a former MWC Freshman of the Year and the most experienced college basketball player in the country next season. UI has an empty roster to fill. EWU lost a lot but has already added some solid pieces. PSU has brought in 3 transfers who all averaged 10+ PPG at their previous D-1 stops. UM returns everyone and adds a bunch of talented transfers and incoming freshman. ISU returns everyone. SUU returns everyone and adds an accomplished D-1 shooter as their only transfer. The only teams you could argue won’t be better next year are EWU and UI. I don’t know how you formed your opinion, but if you’re expecting an easy league next season, you will get everything but that. This will be the most talented the BSC has been in years, maybe even decades.
I just saw that you were the poster, so I didn’t bother reading anything u just said.


FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4480
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Seniors

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:08 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Abdul Mohamed also confirmed to be returning:

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/6/7/me ... eason.aspx

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!
Yes! that is huge.

I am really looking forward to Next season! A ton of talent returning on this team.... while it seems like every other team in the league lost everyone to the transfer portal.
I’m sorry, what? The only team that lost significant pieces to the portal was NAU. And all they did to replace that was add a top 80 recruit who averaged a little under 10 PPG for Va Tech. Have you been paying attention to the rest of the league at all? Everyone has gotten better. UNC returns everyone and adds a top 10 JUCO player in the country, already is being touted as the “next Oral Roberts” by one analyst (Sean Paul)who predicted ORU to the sweet 16 before selection Sunday. Weber returns everyone but Brown, and adds a second team All-WAC transfer from UVU as well as a former MWC Freshman of the Year and the most experienced college basketball player in the country next season. UI has an empty roster to fill. EWU lost a lot but has already added some solid pieces. PSU has brought in 3 transfers who all averaged 10+ PPG at their previous D-1 stops. UM returns everyone and adds a bunch of talented transfers and incoming freshman. ISU returns everyone. SUU returns everyone and adds an accomplished D-1 shooter as their only transfer. The only teams you could argue won’t be better next year are EWU and UI. I don’t know how you formed your opinion, but if you’re expecting an easy league next season, you will get everything but that. This will be the most talented the BSC has been in years, maybe even decades.
I just saw that you were the poster, so I didn’t bother reading anything u just said.
Oh special note - Grizidiot said U of M returns everyone. Does that include the 100 kids that quit or left the program during the past year??



Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 am

Re: Seniors

Post by Griz__00 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:23 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:08 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Abdul Mohamed also confirmed to be returning:

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/6/7/me ... eason.aspx

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!
Yes! that is huge.

I am really looking forward to Next season! A ton of talent returning on this team.... while it seems like every other team in the league lost everyone to the transfer portal.
I’m sorry, what? The only team that lost significant pieces to the portal was NAU. And all they did to replace that was add a top 80 recruit who averaged a little under 10 PPG for Va Tech. Have you been paying attention to the rest of the league at all? Everyone has gotten better. UNC returns everyone and adds a top 10 JUCO player in the country, already is being touted as the “next Oral Roberts” by one analyst (Sean Paul)who predicted ORU to the sweet 16 before selection Sunday. Weber returns everyone but Brown, and adds a second team All-WAC transfer from UVU as well as a former MWC Freshman of the Year and the most experienced college basketball player in the country next season. UI has an empty roster to fill. EWU lost a lot but has already added some solid pieces. PSU has brought in 3 transfers who all averaged 10+ PPG at their previous D-1 stops. UM returns everyone and adds a bunch of talented transfers and incoming freshman. ISU returns everyone. SUU returns everyone and adds an accomplished D-1 shooter as their only transfer. The only teams you could argue won’t be better next year are EWU and UI. I don’t know how you formed your opinion, but if you’re expecting an easy league next season, you will get everything but that. This will be the most talented the BSC has been in years, maybe even decades.
I just saw that you were the poster, so I didn’t bother reading anything u just said.
Oh special note - Grizidiot said U of M returns everyone. Does that include the 100 kids that quit or left the program during the past year??
We return everyone from the rotation except for one kid who played sporadically. Kinda sad how even with all the kids who “quit”, we still only finished one spot below you. Lol.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4480
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Seniors

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:17 pm

Griz__00 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:23 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:08 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Abdul Mohamed also confirmed to be returning:

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/6/7/me ... eason.aspx

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!
Yes! that is huge.

I am really looking forward to Next season! A ton of talent returning on this team.... while it seems like every other team in the league lost everyone to the transfer portal.
I’m sorry, what? The only team that lost significant pieces to the portal was NAU. And all they did to replace that was add a top 80 recruit who averaged a little under 10 PPG for Va Tech. Have you been paying attention to the rest of the league at all? Everyone has gotten better. UNC returns everyone and adds a top 10 JUCO player in the country, already is being touted as the “next Oral Roberts” by one analyst (Sean Paul)who predicted ORU to the sweet 16 before selection Sunday. Weber returns everyone but Brown, and adds a second team All-WAC transfer from UVU as well as a former MWC Freshman of the Year and the most experienced college basketball player in the country next season. UI has an empty roster to fill. EWU lost a lot but has already added some solid pieces. PSU has brought in 3 transfers who all averaged 10+ PPG at their previous D-1 stops. UM returns everyone and adds a bunch of talented transfers and incoming freshman. ISU returns everyone. SUU returns everyone and adds an accomplished D-1 shooter as their only transfer. The only teams you could argue won’t be better next year are EWU and UI. I don’t know how you formed your opinion, but if you’re expecting an easy league next season, you will get everything but that. This will be the most talented the BSC has been in years, maybe even decades.
I just saw that you were the poster, so I didn’t bother reading anything u just said.
Oh special note - Grizidiot said U of M returns everyone. Does that include the 100 kids that quit or left the program during the past year??
We return everyone from the rotation except for one kid who played sporadically. Kinda sad how even with all the kids who “quit”, we still only finished one spot below you. Lol.
It truly blows me away how Griz fans can pound their chest about a season where they had 5 wins against NAIA opponents!

And amazing how a contributor like Steadman is all of sudden “never a contributor” when he leaves the Griz.

You also forgot to mention the Griz commits that recently de-committed! You guys really have it going in the right direction!



Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 am

Re: Seniors

Post by Griz__00 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:58 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:17 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:23 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:08 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Abdul Mohamed also confirmed to be returning:

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/6/7/me ... eason.aspx

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!
Yes! that is huge.

I am really looking forward to Next season! A ton of talent returning on this team.... while it seems like every other team in the league lost everyone to the transfer portal.
I’m sorry, what? The only team that lost significant pieces to the portal was NAU. And all they did to replace that was add a top 80 recruit who averaged a little under 10 PPG for Va Tech. Have you been paying attention to the rest of the league at all? Everyone has gotten better. UNC returns everyone and adds a top 10 JUCO player in the country, already is being touted as the “next Oral Roberts” by one analyst (Sean Paul)who predicted ORU to the sweet 16 before selection Sunday. Weber returns everyone but Brown, and adds a second team All-WAC transfer from UVU as well as a former MWC Freshman of the Year and the most experienced college basketball player in the country next season. UI has an empty roster to fill. EWU lost a lot but has already added some solid pieces. PSU has brought in 3 transfers who all averaged 10+ PPG at their previous D-1 stops. UM returns everyone and adds a bunch of talented transfers and incoming freshman. ISU returns everyone. SUU returns everyone and adds an accomplished D-1 shooter as their only transfer. The only teams you could argue won’t be better next year are EWU and UI. I don’t know how you formed your opinion, but if you’re expecting an easy league next season, you will get everything but that. This will be the most talented the BSC has been in years, maybe even decades.
I just saw that you were the poster, so I didn’t bother reading anything u just said.
Oh special note - Grizidiot said U of M returns everyone. Does that include the 100 kids that quit or left the program during the past year??
We return everyone from the rotation except for one kid who played sporadically. Kinda sad how even with all the kids who “quit”, we still only finished one spot below you. Lol.
It truly blows me away how Griz fans can pound their chest about a season where they had 5 wins against NAIA opponents!

And amazing how a contributor like Steadman is all of sudden “never a contributor” when he leaves the Griz.

You also forgot to mention the Griz commits that recently de-committed! You guys really have it going in the right direction!
We haven’t had any recruits of significance decommit and have a top 200 recruit in the country coming next season. Have one year where our roster is amongst the 10 youngest in the nation and you start thinking we’re going downhill. Just wait on it.



Post Reply