Seniors

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Seniors

Post by mslacat » Mon May 03, 2021 4:37 pm

Does anyone heard officially, who or if any any of our four seniors will be back next year?

Catbasketball20
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Seniors

Post by Catbasketball20 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:07 pm

mslacat wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:37 pm
Does anyone heard officially, who or if any any of our four seniors will be back next year?
Everyone but DK is my understanding.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu May 06, 2021 3:42 pm

Catbasketball20 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:07 pm
mslacat wrote:
Wow, MSU will have a pretty formidable team next year if that is the case, especially given the transfer portal exodus of big-name players from other Big Sky teams.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Thu May 06, 2021 3:51 pm

Great news, I thought Abdul really came on at the end of the season and especially in the tournament.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Thu May 06, 2021 4:15 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:42 pm
Catbasketball20 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:07 pm
mslacat wrote:
Wow, MSU will have a pretty formidable team next year if that is the case, especially given the transfer portal exodus of big-name players from other Big Sky teams.
The only team with a lot of transfers that were contributors was EWU. NAU lost a couple but replaced them with a former top 100 recruit who scored a little under 10 PPG for Virginia Tech. Everyone else has gotten better. Next year will be a really competitive league.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 06, 2021 4:48 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:51 pm
Great news, I thought Abdul really came on at the end of the season and especially in the tournament.
Agreed. He and Belo were our best players in the tourney.
Last edited by wbtfg on Fri May 07, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Thu May 06, 2021 5:06 pm

I thought Abdul was done?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu May 06, 2021 5:09 pm

I thought Abdul was moving on...? Man, I Hope he is coming back, That would be huge! He was playing at an all big sky level the last chunk of the season. Really stepped up in the tourney.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri May 07, 2021 12:25 pm

I thought Abdul was moving on as well, maybe I heard that on Colter's show? He had a Tweet that sounds like a moving on Tweet but nothing in the language specifies that he is I guess. But I'm pretty sure he won't be back, but he could've changed his mind and decided to use the free year.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Catbasketball20
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Catbasketball20 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:26 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:25 pm
I thought Abdul was moving on as well, maybe I heard that on Colter's show? He had a Tweet that sounds like a moving on Tweet but nothing in the language specifies that he is I guess. But I'm pretty sure he won't be back, but he could've changed his mind and decided to use the free year.

From everything I know and have heard. Abdul will be in Blue and Gold next season. I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm beyond excited for where this program is and where it's going!!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri May 07, 2021 2:56 pm

I thought only Belo, Adamu, and Bishop were returning.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Fri May 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Hey. If Abdul changed his mind, that is fine with me. I think it will be very interesting next year to watch Danny blend the 3 or 4 returning seniors with all of the new recruits.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:19 pm

Though he couldn’t speak directly to MSU’s situation because he hasn’t discussed it with administrators, Sprinkle used the Bobcats as an example.

“Right now we have four seniors. Their scholarships are probably $40,000 each because they’re all out of state or even out of the country,” Sprinkle said. “You’re looking at almost $200,000 we have to come up with. We don’t have $200,000.”
“The kids that are seniors right now (across the country), they all think they can just come back to college and get another year, which I don’t think is the case,” Sprinkle said. “A lot of schools aren’t going to be able to afford to bring everybody back.”
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... aece1.html

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:53 pm

If i had the choice, I'd take Abdul over X. Abdul came on strong at the end and X had trouble towards the end. With the development of Kellen Tines, X is less important.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Catbasketball20
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Catbasketball20 » Fri May 07, 2021 4:14 pm

I'm 100% on X, Abdul, and Amin coming back. DK will not. My predicted lineup is X, Raequan, Amin, Abdul and Jubrile. Second lineup my guess will be Kellen, Nick, Patrick, Tyler, and Borja or Great. We have a lot of very solid pieces next year so it will be interesting on how they get everyone time.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sat May 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:56 pm
I thought only Belo, Adamu, and Bishop were returning.
Belo was only a junior so it was always planned for his return. “After” next season he will have an option to return for another season.

The 4 seniors...Abdul, DK, X and Amin....we should hear the “official” word in a bit less than a month. But the rumors noted above of all but DK returning “seem” to be true.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sat May 08, 2021 4:20 pm

Catbasketball20 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:14 pm
I'm 100% on X, Abdul, and Amin coming back. DK will not. My predicted lineup is X, Raequan, Amin, Abdul and Jubrile. Second lineup my guess will be Kellen, Nick, Patrick, Tyler, and Borja or Great. We have a lot of very solid pieces next year so it will be interesting on how they get everyone time.
Isn’t this getting interesting? With your suggested lineups we would have two MaxPrep Players of the year (Germer at 6’8” and 44% shooter from arc and 6’7” Lecholat, MaxPrep and Gatorade POY, shooting 52% from field) and a 7’3” kid sitting on the bench.

So do you redshirt these as well as Isaac or do you play the entire rotation and build a dynamic young team like Binford did with her 7 freshmen ladies this year? Remember if they set a foot on the floor in any game they lose their redshirt year....guess Danny has to have a well thought out strategy for this young team next year. Don’t want to “waste” a year of development.

With WBB this year we only had one senior to help mold the freshmen crew. Danny has a solid group of seniors to help a group of six freshmen and two sophomores. I’m starting to like the future view here.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun May 09, 2021 12:07 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:20 pm
Catbasketball20 wrote:
Isn’t this getting interesting? With your suggested lineups we would have two MaxPrep Players of the year (Germer at 6’8” and 44% shooter from arc and 6’7” Lecholat, MaxPrep and Gatorade POY, shooting 52% from field) and a 7’3” kid sitting on the bench.

So do you redshirt these as well as Isaac or do you play the entire rotation and build a dynamic young team like Binford did with her 7 freshmen ladies this year? Remember if they set a foot on the floor in any game they lose their redshirt year....guess Danny has to have a well thought out strategy for this young team next year. Don’t want to “waste” a year of development.

With WBB this year we only had one senior to help mold the freshmen crew. Danny has a solid group of seniors to help a group of six freshmen and two sophomores. I’m starting to like the future view here.
So it is not like football, play four games and you can still redshirt? Touch the floor and that is a year of eligibility used.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:06 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:07 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Catbasketball20 wrote:

So it is not like football, play four games and you can still redshirt? Touch the floor and that is a year of eligibility used.
Correct, they can play in the pre-season exhibition games that don't count towards the team's record. But one minute on the floor in a regular season game and the redshirt is gone.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun May 09, 2021 5:28 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:06 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:07 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Catbasketball20 wrote:

Correct, they can play in the pre-season exhibition games that don't count towards the team's record. But one minute on the floor in a regular season game and the redshirt is gone.
Yep. MSU01 has it right. If your name shows up on the official stat sheet as having played in a game, no matter how short the time, your redshirt is gone.