MBB at Idaho

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB at Idaho

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:03 pm

Like others have said- this team is in desperate need of a leader. Someone like Harold Frey.

I think this team has more then enough talent to beat anyone...... they just don’t have any leadership, or cohesion as someone else said.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:58 am

The Cats looked like a team that had only practiced once in the last two weeks. This Covid impacted season has resulted in a lot of strange results. I'm hoping the guys get it together and get a W Sunday.

Catastrophy11
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catastrophy11 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:41 pm

did Cats just bag out of another Loss today?

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Catastrophy11 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:41 pm
They play tomorrow! Don’t be a hater......

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:27 pm

Ilikecats wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:58 pm
Catastrophy11 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:41 pm
They play tomorrow! Don’t be a hater......
He knew that. Don’t feed him.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:27 am

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:02 pm
I’m so mad I have to podcast about this garbage.
When you guys were talking about Idaho being like 330th out of 360 or whatever it is in Kenpom or RPI or whatever stat site you were using, all I could think was "Great, Cats are gonna lose that game...." I hate being right

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:49 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:27 am
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:02 pm
I’m so mad I have to podcast about this garbage.
When you guys were talking about Idaho being like 330th out of 360 or whatever it is in Kenpom or RPI or whatever stat site you were using, all I could think was "Great, Cats are gonna lose that game...." I hate being right
Ha, probably did jinx it. But as soon as we heard the Weber women’s team won we knew we were next.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

aucat

Post by aucat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:14 am

The most frustrating thing to me is starting the season with very impressive performances and then really deteriorating as the season goes along.

Contrast this to the women's team, which is extremely young and has improved to the point where they are now a legitimate contender for the Big Sky.

Yes, the Covid situation is horrendous, but look at how the two teams have responded. Is it chemistry of the players? leadership or lack of it? Coaching? The MSU men were on a roll not that long ago. I just don't get it.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:41 am

Sprinkle worked really hard as a player and articulates the same philosophy as a coach. Bishop has lost his edge and the team lacks energy. This slump could be the result of excessively hard practicing.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:47 am

aucat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:14 am
The most frustrating thing to me is starting the season with very impressive performances and then really deteriorating as the season goes along.

Contrast this to the women's team, which is extremely young and has improved to the point where they are now a legitimate contender for the Big Sky.

Yes, the Covid situation is horrendous, but look at how the two teams have responded. Is it chemistry of the players? leadership or lack of it? Coaching? The MSU men were on a roll not that long ago. I just don't get it.
Share your frustration, but I’m not sure that’s a fair view of what Sprinkle is accomplishing at MSU. Covid has definitely had an impact and the pause in the season couldn’t have come at a worse time. Binford has been here for awhile and has built a culture. Having former players on her staff to make sure new comers to the program live and breathe that culture was a smart move on her part. Sprinkle is just building a culture and in my opinion is moving in the right direction. The men’s program is going to be ok, but it’s obvious the next 4 years for the woman’s program is going to be historic in nature as the freshmen and White mature...... going to be tough to gauge the progress of the men’s program against the women’s. MSU’s patience with Binford in the early years has paid off. Expecting the same from Sprinkle in the future. Maybe we need to trust in the process and give him time to build a program?

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:26 pm

Thought the game was to start at 12:00.

???

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:30 pm

77matcat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:26 pm

???
Noon PST, 1PM MST.

Will we make a three pointer? Will Bishop not turn it over every other possession? Will the dynamic duo of Patterson and Gazelas actually make a basket? Will the Bobcats actually get a win on the last day of February? So many questions-about to be answered... #-o

Catprint
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Catprint » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:44 pm

A couple of points and a comment before start of game.

1) I think Sprinkle is the right man for the job. He has the skills, the attitude and the personality to make it work.
2) It is going to take 3-4 years for sure. As others have said. It is not an overnight job.

The Covid break and lack of cohesiveness is fairly evident in the last game but not sure anything can be done about it at this point in the season. However, it is noteworthy Idaho is the 3rd or 4th worst team in the nation in the power rankings. 344th out of 347 teams playing a season. I feel the pain losing to a team that is so bad. At some point they were going to win a game. Lets hope it is not two in a row.

One more point. Given the state of the Big Sky, it is telling that if the Bobcats only win one of their last three games, they still will end up in 5th place and get a tourney bye at 7-7. The only two teams who could take over 5th are UNC which already has 7 losses and Cats have tiebreaker and Portland which has 6 losses but plays two games at SUU. Likely they will lose both but even if they split, Cats have the tiebreaker. For what it is worth. We would almost certainly play Idaho State, a winnable game. Then on to Eastern which at this point is not a winnable game on most days.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:48 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:30 pm
77matcat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:26 pm

???
Noon PST, 1PM MST.

Will we make a three pointer? Will Bishop not turn it over every other possession? Will the dynamic duo of Patterson and Gazelas actually make a basket? Will the Bobcats actually get a win on the last day of February? So many questions-about to be answered... #-o
I thought it started at 1:00 MST, but I just changed the channel to SWX and they're already playing. Or is that a replay of the Friday night game?

Edit: Never mind. It says "replay" at the upper right corner of the screen...duh!!!! Lol

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:00 pm

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:58 am
The Cats looked like a team that had only practiced once in the last two weeks. This Covid impacted season has resulted in a lot of strange results. I'm hoping the guys get it together and get a W Sunday.
I was just checking to see if your comment above was literal. Genuinely curious. Did they only practice once in the past two weeks? That changes the situation considerably, especially if they can’t even get into that gym to shoot around. With the era of quarantine, that could be true.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:21 pm

Every other possession is a turnover. Not trying anything-just bounding off a foot or getting it poked away. Two three point bricks sent up-not even close. Adamu seems to have shown up, maybe he can do something.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:27 pm

0-4 from three

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Caleb Bellach for three!!!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:45 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:35 pm
Damn...made me choke on my popcorn!

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:53 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:35 pm
Goodness - we must have been 0-16 before that (if you count last game)

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie