MBB vs Green Bay

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

MBB vs Green Bay

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:45 pm

Best non-conference game crowd in many years and the team couldn't find their way out of the locker room. Lose 98-72 to a decent Green Bay team. GB shot over 60%, but that shouldn't be surprising. When you leave D-1 jump shooters wide open they're going to hit most of them. I hope we have some players sick or something-they looked wrung out. Belo really looked bad. Missed opportunity for a program that desperately needs to win their fans back.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Re: MBB vs Green Bay

Post by lutecat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:30 am

Post Turkey hangover?

That was very much so a great crowd. I was surprised how many people were there. Green Bay just couldn't miss. Sometimes with a hand in their face. Our big guys need to go hard up at the rim. Draw a foul at least. They were coming in and just jumping straight up and trying to finesse it in, which most of the times was a miss.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:12 am

Great crowd! GB plated fast and hard. They know how to finish strong at the rim. We need to get tougher on both ends.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:46 am

Echo comments on the size of the crowd....great showing. Green Bay started fast, stayed fast and made us pay for every turnover.

I looked up at the 10 min mark of the first half and they already had over a 20 point lead and were shooting 78% from the field!!!! That will take a crowd out of the game. A couple times we almost got it under 10 points in the second half and the crowd "maybe kinda started" to get into it... but Green Bay took the game back and we never could really build the excitement.

I think the final shooting percent for Green Bay was over 60% from the field which is uncharacteristic of our defense where we have been holding folks under 40%. But over 70% from the field in the first half!!!!....most people can't do that shooting around in the gym with no one even guarding them!

aucat

Post by aucat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm

Hard to understand this game. Can't win them all but to me it is about competing. Here we have this really nice crowd on
hand and the guys cannot compete at all. There's nothing worse than going to an athletic event and watching your team
not compete. I kept thinking, "how did we have Utah State on the ropes at THEIR place in front of a very hostile crowd?"

If you want the fans to come you have to give them some entertainment value. Wasn't there last night.

Was Green Bay that good? I didn't see much out of our guys on defense. Let's put this one in the rear view mirror and move on.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:53 pm

I wonder if next week being finals week had anything to do with it...that and having just finished a long road trip.

2024 Resume dominance

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Unfortunately, a team isn't going to play well all of the time. It's unfortunate that they played poorly in front of a good crowd. Green Bay has played a pretty tough schedule so far, being at Purdue, New Mexico and Wisconsin, so that may have played a factor in how things played out. Hopefully, the crowd will be strong again Thursday against South Dakota State. Should be a pretty good game.