FAVORS

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Did this loss help in the long run?

No way. All losses hurt.
79%
Yes, look out EWU and um.
21%
I'm not sure, I'll let you know in a few weeks.
No votes

Total votes: 14

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

FAVORS

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:09 pm

By losing to sac state, did the boys in blue force themselves into re-focusing on the big prize? Maybe it was a blessing that we lost to a decent sac state team that will force the CATS to go back to work. I know personally that several of the players worked their asses off all summer to win in November. When I say several, I mean 30-40 kids. In years past there may have been 10-15 kids that were gym rats. This year, the seniors and juniors stuck around and invited younger kids to come and live with them for free for the summer, in order to prepare for the BSC.

I know that we can beat EWU and the griz. Whether or not sac state kicked us in the butt or the head will be seen in the next two weeks.

Personally, I think we will be the BSC Champs for the 3rd straight year. Only this time, we won't share!
Last edited by 94VegasCat on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:37 pm

This will definately help us get a perspective for the remainded of the BSC games, I agree with you there. We always seem to play best when we are the underdog role, and losing to Sac St killed any momentum/respect we were gaining. So I'm sure we'll be the underdogs for the remainded of the year (unless we beat EWU convincingly, if at all).

But I wanted the Cats to prove they can handle the recognitino and pressure of being a nationally ranked team. Sac St showed us we coulnd't. Sure they have some talented players, but overall that is an average team at best that played their hearts out Saturday. We needed that win to keep the confidence rolling for the rest of the season. Now if we make the playoffs, we'll be the underdogs again, and most likely have to travel to some place far in the east. :P

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast