Running Game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Running Game

Post by WYCAT » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:31 am

What can we do to improve our running game - if anything? I know Domenick has done a good job in other areas, i.e. pass protection, receiving, etc. but he just can't hold onto the ball. He is a risk to fumble (everytime Kris says "Lulay hands off to Domenick and..." I hold my breath) on every carry and from the way we have become one dimensional offensively you can see the coaches feel the same. I just don't see him being of any value carrying the ball the rest of the season.

Is Milton available? I know it is late in the season to be switching backs but something has to give. We can't be relying on Travis to throw 60 times a game and expect to win. Anybody have any ideas or comments?

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:26 pm

Milton still has a pinched nerve in his shoulder...his mom told me he has numbness in his arm. I still think Dominek is slow. it someitmes looks like there is an opening there, but he doesn't have the speed to get to it. When Milton ran that one off tackle play against CSU I could tell he has the speed to be a home run hitter. I hope he can get well for the next two games!

2024 Resume dominance

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:53 pm

This is now a big problem in my opinion. I never would have thought I would say that when we just put up over 500 yards of offense, but we are just too one dimensional right now. I do think that Domineck does some things real well, but he is just too slow to be effective in a one back offense. And for a bigger guy, he just does not break many tackles. I remember one play last nite that had a chance to be a big gain and Domineck just could not run fast enough to get away from one tackler. We really could use Morris Milton. Boy, would I love having Ryan Mole???!!!

It is not all the RBs fault though. We are just not opening holes when run blocking-even when teams have to be playing pass 90 % of the time. Now we have lost Jensen for the year-unless Hirst can come back (did not see him again yeaterday), we are in big trouble.