Sac St reflections

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:58 am

I wasn't insulting California or Californians, I was simply saying that there are probably more gay people in the state than our whole population. We only have about 900,000 living in Montana.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:46 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Welcome to life as a Bobcat fan!
Amen. VERY frustrating.

catsalltheway
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catsalltheway » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:18 am

listened to Kramer afterwards...and he said we just have to go back and regroup...hope the guys can just shake it off and put all their concentration into next weeks game...Sac State is over and done....can't look back and say should of, would of, could of, but didn't!!! on to a long hard week at practice and Saturday's game...go Bobcats!!!!!!
and what was even more frustrating is that the radio on the internet kept cutting out!!!!!

neverplayed
BobcatNation Redshirt

Ohhhhhhhhh.......Toooooo Baaaaad!

Post by neverplayed » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:31 am

My sympathy goes out to all of you kitty fans.

You were stung by the bees yesterday.

OUCH!

How does it feel to lose big time, a game you were supposed to handily win?

Its probably the same feeling the Grizzlies had last week, but now you must face the Eagles before you meet the Grizz. Good luck!

BobcatDad
BobcatNation Redshirt

My apologies

Post by BobcatDad » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:56 am

I want to apologize to all the Griz fans about the toilet bowl remark in my earlier post. I too was well above the .08 allowable drinking limit after the game last night. I am not one to talk smack (usually) on this sight, but rather talk sports and support our CATS!!!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:18 pm

My thoughts on the game:
The Cats got beat, and it wasn't anyone's fault. They just got outplayed and Sac State wanted it more. Period.

It's tough going now for the Cats as they have two very tough games remaining. However, like the Griz, they still control their own destiny.
Kadeezy wrote:Actually our tiny gym has sold out each home game for the last decade or so. If we build it, they will come...
This is a joke, to be bragging about selling out this pathetic place. I've been to that gym and it's no bigger than most small high schools. The game I was at was UM/Sac about 3 or 4 years ago and it was a record at the time for attendance. It was around 1,700 people and it was standing room only.

As far as the Sac State win....
This is a good time for certain Griz fans to be humble and not stick it to all the Cat fans (remember last week?).

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:39 pm

Although it was mostly "Drunk talk" BobcatDad did make one point.

Big Sky refs are letting a lot of holding penalties go by. I'm not sure why, but in every game I watched there has been a lot of missed calls, almost all of them holding on the O-line, esp the outside.

I don't just mean when the Griz are on D, I see it when we're moving the ball too.

I suppose it's the "let them play" rule, but the holding is getting more and more obvious.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:19 pm

Same as travelling in the NBA: Players will keep holding more and more until refs start to consistently call it. Why are we surprised that Big Sky refs continue to regress worse & worse? Until they are held more accountable than a weekly "review" with little to zero fear of recrimination and/or penalty for poor performance, Big Sky refereeing will continue to suck. :x :x :x

I reiterate my opinion that Doug Fullerton is an IDIOT!

*For the record, I do not believe the refs affected the outcome of last night's game (Sac State flat out-played us), nor did refs affect the outcome of the PSU-UM game (many bad calls made both ways).

GO CATS GO!!!

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:33 am

Buttealum wrote:You hit the nail on the head bobcatdad...the refs are usually for grizfolks. However, we have to outscore the opponent to show the refs that we are better anyway. Fullerton should be fired. He puts up with this crappy ref stuff all of the time. How he got his job is beyond me.
Really. From my perspective, it looks like we all get hammered by the refs. How is it that the refs "are usually for grizfolks"?

SacHornetFan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Great game

Post by SacHornetFan » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:58 am

First of all, I want to say, thank God our team finally showed up for a real game this year. Lulay, what a stud. 500 yards passing, are you kidding me. The only good thing for us is to see him one more year. For you guys, thats the last of Amey and Lead. However, you have to see Mole for 3 more years, and to me, he's much more ahead of the game when Charles Roberts was as a freshman. Mole is the real deal.

One point that should have been brought up, it really should have been 45-28 considering we were driving and Force picked off Lead's pass in the end zone. Lead's one real mistake on Saturday.

Here's the thing. You guys are still really good. We had to play our best ball, although giving up 500 yards in offense doesn't really cut it. I still like you guys better than EWU (dirty b*stards) and since we are a fellow state school in name, down with UM.

Good luck next week Cats. We will try and do our part in trying to upset the Griz for you guys.

GO HORNETS!!

What the hell is an Aggie (ucdavis)??

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:05 am

Congratulations, Hornets. The Cats tried to give it away, but your guys took advantage and never let up. The Cats may have gotten complacent, even though they needed a miracle to beat the worst team in the league at home (WSU). They should be awake now. I feared what would happen after an aberration like we saw in Flagstaff.

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:26 am

SacHornet Fan, you are a class act. Good luck this weekend in Missoula. I think your team opened eyes that had been closed previously. There's nothing wrong with being a spoiler is there??

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:46 am

Saw booby Hack Show last night and he did comment that he was going to have to concentrate more on Sac St than he originally might.

2024 Resume dominance

SacHornetFan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Cat Fans

Post by SacHornetFan » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:38 pm

I have always said that Cat fans are classier than Griz fans (maybe its their egos :D ). Anyways, good contingent of Cat fans saturday in Hornet Stadium. I would say there was close to 1000 fans and they were nothing but gracious people for the ones I have met.

If I was a Hornet...I'd be a Bobcat.

What the hell is an Aggie (ucdavis)??

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:50 pm

Actually Hauck said that we're strictly focused on Suc St. and that we are not looking 1 week ahead. I do not recall him saying we have to concentrate more than we thought at first.

I would think that most teams who "look ahead" only have that happen to them once, then they learn from the mistake they made.

Hopefully for the Griz that mistake came vs PSU.