Sac St reflections

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Sac St reflections

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:30 pm

The story was their rushing game, our offensive line's injuries, and the fact that they got a hell of a rush on Lulay. No time for the receivers to get downfield. Lulay played great but the fact that the defense didn't seem to be in position to stop the run off tackle was really big, It looked like we were playing without a linebacker in the middle. I 'm thinking that when we bitzed the backer from the outside they called the off tackle play and there was no one there. Mole just ran free for big yardage. I'm wondering if it was a audible at the line of scrimmage. Mole is a really good back with great balance a quickness, but when we knew they were going to run we stopped him. The fact that the corners played the ball pretty badly probably had a lot to do with the running game torching us. When the safeties had to start helping in coverage, Mole started to rack up yardage.

2024 Resume dominance

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:55 pm

Okay, I don't have to use the door at my house anymore because the hole I made slamming my head into the wall is more than adequate to fit through... ](*,)

What can you say about this game? Such a complete and utter disappointment. These guys came out flat and played the worst football any Bobcat team has played in the last 5 years. Our defense couldn't tackle and basically just looked asleep for major portions of the game. Lulay passing for 500+ yards is great, except that we are more and more becoming a one-dimensional team. Opponents can forget about the run and pin their ears back on the rush. Of course, when we do run it, Domineck can't hold onto the ball.

I would hate to be these guys this week, because practice is going to be a bitch! It is MAJOR gut-check time now. Lose either of these two games and the season is over.

I hate to be one of those fans that is all positive after a great win like last week and totally negative after a loss the next, but I don't see how you can feel any different. We went to NAU with a great game plan, executed flawlessly, and didn't hurt ourselves with stupid mistakes. This week, we obviously paid no attention whatsoever to stopping the run or tackling, we turned the ball over, and we killed ourselves with bone-headed mistakes and costly penalties. Isn't it amazing how things can look so great one week and so miserable the next? Welcome to life as a Bobcat fan! :cry: :cry: :cry:

GO CATS GO!!!

Kadeezy
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Kadeezy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:57 pm

HAHAHAHA.... I just witnessed a stunned and unprepared Montana State team get their "aces" handed to them... HOORAY we won a game!!!!
Last edited by Kadeezy on Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:06 pm

So you were the one at the game...

GO CATS GO!!!

Kadeezy
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Kadeezy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:10 pm

yeah they had the game at 4... people in Sac don't take it too seriously, but I was about 1 of 4000 or so...

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:13 pm

Big deal about the arena. 10,000 seats doesn't mean a hell of a lot if you only fill 1,500 of them.

I don't think you should be allowed to utter the words "tourney-bound" if your pathetic school has never even made the tourney, or if no one on your team can so much as spell "N-C-A-A". Maybe you should first worry about having a winning season or getting people other than players' parents to come to the games, then you can start to think about competing for the chance to go to the tourney. :-# :-# :-#

GO CATS GO!!!

Kadeezy
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Kadeezy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:28 pm

Actually our tiny gym has sold out each home game for the last decade or so. If we build it, they will come
Last edited by Kadeezy on Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:30 pm

Not to sound like a bigot, but there are more gay people living in California than there are total people in Montana.
Last edited by CelticCat on Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by JahGriz » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:31 pm

nothing worse than some clown coming out of the wood work after beating a team and talking trash...ya you Kadeezy. Sac St may be in the WAC in baseball but you clowns will need more than that to compete completely in the WAC.

Regardless, of clowns like you, kadclown, I was laughing along with Kramer most of the game. Only, I was laughing because the kitties had so much confidence in themselves that they didn't realize the game was slipping away second by second.
Last edited by JahGriz on Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kadeezy
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Kadeezy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:38 pm

Me a clown? Perhaps... Go SAC!

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:43 pm

Definately. What is that Sad SAC's 3rd win of the season? You didn't have the balls to talk smack before the game, and now you decide AFTER you win. WEAK!
I actually was going for sac because I have a good friend who coaches there, but even being a Griz fan I laugh at people who would talk smack after the game when they never once posted before the game.

Kadeezy
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Kadeezy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:45 pm

Gimme a break! Wins are a hard to come by here! Especially ones against a team like MSU. It's my way of giving props!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:53 pm

We'll see ya in the post season kadipsh!t.

Oh yeah, not :oops:

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:54 pm

Alright, kadezey. You deserve to gloat. I loved the way Sac played. Congrats. I'm more surprise they haven't played well before this. One more thing, where the heck was Tyronne Gross. Admittedly I was... and am fairly drunk. And Omega had terrible reception of the game. But was he hurt or what?

Buttealum
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Buttealum » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:57 pm

Ain't it easy to talk trash after the game Kadeezy? Actually, if we had to lose a game, I was hoping it would be this one, because, now the 'cats will grow some balls and open up a can of whoopass on the next two......stay tuned....

BobcatDad
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatDad » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:00 am

Hey Celtic fan...cut the crap about Californians!!! I could say there are more sheep running scared in Montana than there are gays in California. Get my point??
..........................Just got back from the game and this is my BIASED opinion.......the refs must be on the Griz payroll because they were AWFUL!!! # 97 for Sac was holding (no mugging) our guys all night long and the officials were too stupid or blind to see it. #13, Kory Austin needs to seriously think about taking up another sport because football is not it. What was Travis thinking when he called the time out and walked off while the ball was sailing over his head!! I don't know how much more abuse Blake Wolf can take to his body!!! The medical staff was putting a hard cast on Jensen's foot as I was leaving the game. and........Elliot Barnhart, welcome to the big leagues!!!!! He got his clock rung when he filled in for Blake Wolf and attempted to catch a pass over the middle.
I thought after the first series where we drove the ball in for a score after only three plays that it was going to be a long night for Sac. State. That will teach me. Sac got the momentum going early and never looked back!! Mole is a stud for Sac!!! What did he get 300 yards rushing and he is only a freshman!!!! The cats will rebound, it's just unfortunate that they are going to now have to take a tougher road to the promised land!!! Just MY biased opinion..

Buttealum
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Buttealum » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:04 am

You hit the nail on the head bobcatdad...the refs are usually for grizfolks. However, we have to outscore the opponent to show the refs that we are better anyway. Fullerton should be fired. He puts up with this crappy ref stuff all of the time. How he got his job is beyond me.

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:13 am

Ya, the refs are in the pockets of the Griz, and that is why the kitties lost. Give me a break, and get checked in for that paranoia problem too.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:18 am

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

You have got to be KIDDING ME! How can this loss be the fault of "Griz Loving" Refs??????

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

That is the funniest excuse I have EVER read by a bobcat poster in the history of the internet!!!

Are those the same Griz refs who called Heidelberger for blocking in the back on a punt coverage???

Sorry Butte, you must have too many minerals in your water... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BobcatDad
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatDad » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:28 am

Hey Griz fans.....you guys need to quit drinking out of the same toilet bowl!!! Where you at the game or were you too busy making bathtub rum?? I will always give a team kudos for playing better than we did and tonight Sac played better than us! But....the refs were also calling a bad game!! Got to call it as you see it or in the refs case not call it as you see it!!!!!!!!!!