NAU... what is wrong?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

NAU... what is wrong?

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:06 pm

What has happened to NAU? They started out looking pretty good this year, but they have really tanked lately. They looked bad against us, but they look absolutely terrible against the griz. I mean this with no smack intended, but I don't really think it is anything the griz are doing, NAU just can't do a single thing right. Obviously, our game against them last week had a huge impact psychologically. Coaches always say that you shouldn't let the team you lost to last week beat you twice...

Old Jeromie had better start looking over his shoulder, because I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting some pretty intense heat down there. Last season, it looked like he had finally brought his program into the upper echelon of I-AA teams, but he has regressed significantly this season. If you can't beat the griz in 8 seasons, are you ever going to???

GO CATS GO!!!

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:22 pm

Bozone, I am listening to the game and yes I agree NAU is has having a very rough game. Actually I am quite suprised. The Griz are playing very well, Ochs is having a good game. But NAU cannot do anyting right. I am sure Murietta is very depressed. I am anxious for tonights game. Can the Cats light up the scoreboard again tonight?

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:27 pm

I agree Sauers better be thinking change of address cards. He had a great end to last year but has let his team not even show up two weeks in a row. He has had plenty of time to bring that team to the upper teir of the big sky and I don't think you can say he has done it.

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:37 pm

Up until the 4th qtr. NAU looked awful. Murietta dropped the ball almost everytime he was hit. Had 1 fumble and put 2 more on the carpet.

We did the "Griz thing" and got lazy and allowed them to put up some points with our poor pass coverage. Once they got settled down, they looked better.