THEY ARE FREAK'N NERDS!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

THEY ARE FREAK'N NERDS!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mslacat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:45 pm

They are not going to broadcast tonights opening exibithtion basketball game tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was going to be a perfect Bobcat Evening and they blew it for me. I am never listening to country music AGAIN!
Last edited by mslacat on Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:05 pm

Is it a timing issue for announcers, equipment, etc? I was looking forward to topping my football night off with a little B Ball as well :cry:

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:23 pm

I assume it's due to lack of announcers, although you'd think maybe Dave Cowan (WBB announcer) could fill in. Perhaps they decided not to bother since the BB game overlaps with the second half of the FB game. Don't worry msla, I'm going tonight and will post a nice long report just for you after the game!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:13 pm

It is a Clear Channel station is it not! Not some Ma and Pa radio station, resources
should not be a problem. I know here where I live this kind of thing happens into
December and they always manage to cover both sport. All I have to say is that I am
checking the schedule and as the Cats make there run in the football playoff they better
carry both! Heck if they need someone to call the Game give me a call, Ill just grab
Velo, Belgrade, and/or Bozoncat and I know we will do better than the couple of bubs
here in Missoula!!

Seriously, I'll be OK no cards, prayers or flowers will be necessary. I will get through this
just fine I have my family to fall back on.........

HeHateGriz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HeHateGriz » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:36 pm

Let's see here....Football game starts at 5pm and is over at 9pm. Basketball starts at 7pm and is over at 9:05. Would you have preferred they broadcast the final 5 minutes of the exhibition, or should they have fed the football game down the left channel of XL Country and put the basketball game on the right channel? Just wondering.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:34 pm

First of all you have to realize that much of what i posted was ment was said some what tougn in cheek. This was the first "exihbition basketball" game of the season against a very undermanned team. That said though if our foorball team is going to become as successful as we want this type of thing will happen more and more as both teams get active in late Nov. and December. The radio station should take this into account when they bid on the Broadcast rights. Here in Missoula both teams playing at the same time does happen. Football ussually gets the A-list announcers (If you call them that) while basketball will be shifted over to a "sister station" with ussually the womens announcing team. My point about clearchannel is I am quite sure they have other stations in Bozeman and if they needed another moble broadcast setup maybe they arrange to borrow from one of there affiliates.

In any case, The main thing I do not want to see happen is that basketball is hurt because of football success.

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:41 pm

The thinking must have been that it was only an exhibition game. Clear Channel broadcasts men's and women's B Ball games simultaneously all the time. What was the attendance at the Regina game?