Another beaut from Baby Hauck

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Another beaut from Baby Hauck

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:35 pm

In today's Missoulian:

"I think that Mike Kramer said it best when he called (last week's game) an aberration. They always have good athletes there (at NAU)."

He also goes on to say that he is going to pattern UM's defense today after Eastern's - too bad UM has no athletes on defense...

GO CATS GO!!!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:59 pm

I actually like Haucks attitude toward the Cats. Never gives us an ounce of credit, usually doesn't even talk about us. But it really does make beating him once again all that much sweeter, don't you agree?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:32 pm

Amen, BH is an idiot, however I think he is a pretty good coach, Griz fans just do not know it. Griz are now ahead of NAU 7-0. We had 21 by this time in the game against NAU.

soccertodd
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by soccertodd » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:44 pm

I don't know that I'd give Hauck credit for being a good coach. He makes some really questionable decisions but his players usually cover for him so he doesn't look like a total idiot. I even have a couple of examples from the last two weeks.

First, at Portland State, the Vikings kicker kicked the kickoff out of bounds which means Montana gets the ball at the 35. Any reasonable person would accept that penalty but Hauck was so arrogant that he had Portland State back up 5 yards and kick off again. Luckily for him Segars returned it to the 38 so he got a 3 yard gain out of his decision.

Secondly, this week in the first quarter, first possesion Hauck got to 4th down and went for it on his own 29 when the score was 0-0. Yes, it was 4th and inches but punt the ball and don't give the other team the chance to snatch the early momentum. Once again, Hauck's players covered for him and got the first down.

Some people might call those aggressive play calls but I think they were reckless. Anyway, just wanted to point out that Hauck isn't always the smartest coach. With that being said, I hope the Griz keep him around so he'll blow some important games. Go Bobcats!!!

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:06 pm

Not sure if you are listening to the Griz game, but so far he has used 2 trick plays, one was intercepted and the other converted into a touch down. Not bad.

goGriz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by goGriz » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:49 pm

soccertodd you just gave two examples of playcalling where both worked out perfectly. Way to give examples that make you look like you don't know what you are talking about.