Kramer and the Griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Kramer and the Griz

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:04 am

Do you guys remember when Kramer said, paraphrased, "The Griz are still the Class of the Big Sky. Until you can go into Washington Grizzly Stadium knowing you're going to beat them at their house, they will remain the kings of this conference."? If I'm quoting him correctly, here are my 2 questions: Do you think this would possibly be the year that Kramer expects to win, and secondly, would he ever say it publicly? Probably wouldn't be the best idea due to the locker room fodder effect, but it is Kramer! :lol: I know we're all probably a bit over-excited in Bobcat Nation about how things are progressing, but it does kind of have the feel of the "official" year when the tide turns. But then there's that pesky Eastern Washington team. Hmmm.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:26 pm

I do remember him having said something very close to that. If I remember right it was after the kickoff meetings in Park City, UT and he was saying something about EWU being the best team on paper this year but......

I have the same feeling that this may be the year. We are playing great ball right now and the griz are as vulnerable as they have been in years. I am anxious to see how NAU plays them tomorrow. I don't think Kramer would say that publically but you never know with him. I remember listening to him last year before the kickoff and he told Kris that if we could stop the run it would be game over and I couldn't believe he said that right before Cat/Griz either.

I also think EWU is a huge game for us next week and thank goodness we have them at home this year. Take care of business this week at Sac. St., win a tough one at home next week, at depending on what the griz do, potentially set up the biggest Cat/Griz game in a long time. Whatever happens though I know Kramer thinks a lot of this teams abilities and chances to win wherever we play.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:05 pm

WYCAT wrote:I do remember him having said something very close to that. If I remember right it was after the kickoff meetings in Park City, UT and he was saying something about EWU being the best team on paper this year but......

I have the same feeling that this may be the year. We are playing great ball right now and the griz are as vulnerable as they have been in years. I am anxious to see how NAU plays them tomorrow. I don't think Kramer would say that publically but you never know with him. I remember listening to him last year before the kickoff and he told Kris that if we could stop the run it would be game over and I couldn't believe he said that right before Cat/Griz either.

I also think EWU is a huge game for us next week and thank goodness we have them at home this year. Take care of business this week at Sac. St., win a tough one at home next week, at depending on what the griz do, potentially set up the biggest Cat/Griz game in a long time. Whatever happens though I know Kramer thinks a lot of this teams abilities and chances to win wherever we play.
Yes, I remember that also. Actually what Kramer said right before the game was "If we stop the option, game over." I cringed and choked on my beer when he said it. He ended up being right though...

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bozgriz

Re: Kramer and the Griz

Post by Bozgriz » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:10 pm

catatac wrote:Do you guys remember when Kramer said, paraphrased, "The Griz are still the Class of the Big Sky. Until you can go into Washington Grizzly Stadium knowing you're going to beat them at their house, they will remain the kings of this conference."? If I'm quoting him correctly, here are my 2 questions: Do you think this would possibly be the year that Kramer expects to win, and secondly, would he ever say it publicly? Probably wouldn't be the best idea due to the locker room fodder effect, but it is Kramer! :lol: I know we're all probably a bit over-excited in Bobcat Nation about how things are progressing, but it does kind of have the feel of the "official" year when the tide turns. But then there's that pesky Eastern Washington team. Hmmm.
And that pesky Sac State team. Hmmm... :wink:

GrizzlyEdd
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GrizzlyEdd » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:08 pm

Hmmmm I agree with Bozgriz... isn't it funny that when you least expect it, some "overachievers" burst your bubble... :shock:

Now you know how the Griz fans felt after the PSU game....

I don't envy the Cats the rest of the way, EWU is a VERY TOUGH team and could come to Bozeman and do the same thing SacSt did... There are no guarantees that the Cats will win in Missoula either.... did anyone say injuries :( Going to be a battle as it always is but I definitely think the Griz have the edge this year. :wink:

Grizzlies & Bobcats are both Montana Critters

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:23 pm

The injuries may be the key to the rest of the season...lets see...

2 out of four running backs
starting tight end
Two offensive starting tackles
A starting shutdown corner
a starting linebacker

and the list goes on!

2024 Resume dominance

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:37 pm

I guess you can add a staerting defensive end...but I'm not sure he won't play next week.

2024 Resume dominance

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:31 pm

And whats up with your kicker? I remember the cats having some earlier problems, but he missed a couple shots last night didn't he?