November Early Signing date (Wed. Nov. 10th)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

November Early Signing date (Wed. Nov. 10th)

Post by mslacat » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:04 am

I hear that Durham and company most likely will sign one athlete during the early signing
period , Nov. 10th -17th. unless something happens between now and the 17th. The Cats
recruited a handful of players this fall, but were rather picky. With all of the new faces
on this years team, the Cats, are really waiting until the spring to do the bulk of their
recruiting. I hear they hope to be signing their #1 target for the fall and if they sign
anyone else it will be "someone to good to pass up" and could be at any position. A lot
of recruiters feel it will be slim pick'ins in Montana over the next couple of years, but
don't be surprised if Durham does sign a Montana kid this year. It is a priority for the
program to sign Montana kids even if it is a borderline situation.
The Griz will sign 3 at this point. I have posted there commitments on there board over
the last month. The Griz have 1 senior and Wilkins left the team earlier this week, so
have two open spots for next year. Chavez is also not on scholarship this year, but may
work his way back into one by next year. That means at this point at least one and maybe
More current underclass men on the Griz roster will not be back next year. The Griz
strongest athletes on there roster are at the wing positions. They are very weak at the
point guard and post right now, but all of there commitments so far are more wing
players. They are getting good players, but not much balance. That is just my opinion
though!
Last edited by mslacat on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.