Extra Point

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Extra Point

Post by kmax » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:25 am

Since I somehow doubt that our good friend BearBac will be posting it for us this week. :wink:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.as ... 580292.htm

Bobcat mentions:
Team of the Week: Montana State

Talk about seizing on an opportunity. The Bobcats moved into prime playoff position by beating Northern Arizona and moving seven spots in the polls through losses of five teams ahead of them in the rankings. The "Cardiac" Cats had to go down to the wire for their last four victories, but could have skipped the final 50 minutes in a thorough 60-14 thrashing of Northern Arizona. Montana State jumped out to a 22-0 lead at the end of the first quarter, which ballooned to a remarkable 53-0 by halftime. Coming into the game, the Bobcats were just one game up on Northern Arizona in the standings. With just two losses and three games remaining, the Bobcats are in the enviable position of still being able to afford another loss and still make the postseason. Montana State had to hold on and survive for a month, but plenty of teams in I-AA would love to switch positions with the Bobcats now.

No. 17 Montana State (6-2) at Sacramento State (2-6), 7:05

The Bobcats are peaking at the right time. In the first three games, the offense stumbled and Montana State was off to just a 1-2 start. The offense didn’t exactly look great against Idaho State and Weber State, but the Bobcats found a way to gut out victories. In the last three contests, Travis Lulay and the Montana State offense has gotten hot to complement a solid defense. It all came together with Saturday’s 60-14 whipping of Northern Arizona, and Montana State needs two more strong efforts in the last three games to earn a playoff berth. The last two games are against Eastern Washington and Montana, so the ‘Cats could really use a win at Sacramento State. The Hornets haven’t shown too much in the Big Sky, and don’t figure to prove too much of a problem for Montana State. Prediction: Montana State 31, Sacramento State 14
Last edited by kmax on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:26 pm

Region I; New Hampshire at Lehigh; Hampton at No. 4 Delaware.

Region II; Wofford at James Madison; William & Mary at No. 1 Georgia Southern.

Region III; Montana State at No. 2 Southern Illinois; Cal Poly at Montana.

Region IV Jacksonville State at No. 3 Sam Houston State; Furman at Western Kentucky.
Did anyone happen to see these "MOCK" Playoff pairings, in the above article? How is um gonna host a playoff game with three conference losses and four overall? Let alone even being in the playoffs.

:P :P :P

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:39 pm

Vegas,

Based on what happened to NAU last week & the beating UM threw on them last year, do you SERIOUSLY think the Jacks can go into the Dennydome & get a win?

I don't.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:00 pm

if the cats win out would it imply that cal poly would come to bozeman and the griz to transfer U?

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:24 pm

hokeyfine wrote:if the cats win out would it imply that cal poly would come to bozeman and the griz to transfer U?
Yep, that would be my guess. We will beat Cal Poly if we play them again. We are so much better now than we were at beginning of the season. Plus we would get them up here in the cold :)

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:41 pm

Vegas,

Based on what happened to NAU last week & the beating UM threw on them last year, do you SERIOUSLY think the Jacks can go into the Dennydome & get a win?

I don't.
Just some wishful thinking. I thought EWU would beat the griz and told everyone. NOT. I thought that PSU would beat them and told no one. Darn it!!! I think that NAU can beat um, but you are right on, NOT in WA-BOBCAT Stadium.

just dreamin :wink:

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO