Kramer on The Sports Nuts

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Kramer on The Sports Nuts

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:13 pm

Coach Kramer was in great voice on the KBOZ Sports Nuts show today.

Here's a tip for all future opponents-blitz a lot, you can't fail.

Kramer was asked if we're a good team or a great team. He replied we won't a great team until we can run for 250 and throw for 250 in the same game.

He heaped praise upon the offensive line for their ability to pass protect. He said the pass protection has been better this year than last year with Swaggert and Toiolo!

He said Travis is doing everything within the confines of the offense-nothing extraordinary. He gave a lot of credit to Don Bailey, the fact the receivers are starting to "get it" and catch up to where Travis is, and the offensive line. He mentioned that there were still some critical dropped passes (we all saw them), and I get the feeling he thinks the offense can play a lot better still.

He talked a lot about Blake and Zach Wolf and their story of coming to MSU. He thought Blake had an outside chance of making it here, but he never would have guessed that Zach would turn out to be such a good football player. He said they were both actually better baseball players than football players. He said their accomplishments here have little to do with him. Don Bailey awarded them with their scholarships and stuck with them. Both players rose to their positions through injury and defections of players ahead of them.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:36 pm

I thought the same thing BB, he was pretty wound up today, guess that big win still has him smiling. :D The part were he was almost game planning for the opposing defenses on how to stop the Cats was particularly funny. You can tell he has alot of confidence in this team right now.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BobcatLionFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatLionFan » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:25 pm

Sounds like he is very high on the OL and has been for awhile.

Gatewood dropped the 2 point conversion, right in his hands. But made so many other good catches. He has that speed that you need at at least one reciever spot.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:40 pm

Was Kramer serious when he was talking about blitzing us is the way to stop us, or was he being sarcastic....really meaning that if you blitz us, we will burn you?

That and give us more info on what he said....i'm dying for more. :)

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:49 pm

That was actually BelgradeBobcat trying to do the reverse psychology thing.

Actually Kramer went off on this long diatribe about how crazy it is that teams continue to blitz the Cats. How every time they blitz, it opens up a hole in the zone for our recievers and Lulay sits back with great blitz pick-up protection and just waits for the WR/TE/RB to find the open spot and hits them. That is where all the praise of our offensive line and our pass protection came in. Basically it was a go ahead and blitz or stack the box, and you will see Lulay and our recievers burn you type of a thing. Like I said in my first post it really was quite funny to listen to him gameplanning against his offense.

He said that he felt the most effective thing to do against the Cats offense would be strong man-to-man coverage with a good bump off the line to screw up the timing of the WR routes. Sounds like Sac St. has at least one very good corner so we will see this week if they try to employ such a tactic.
Last edited by kmax on Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:57 pm

thanks for clearing that up for me

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:07 pm

Dang Kmax-you spoiled my big plan. Now the Sac State spies will know how to stop our offense :D

But seriously, I think Kramer just wants to run the ball more.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:12 pm

Sac State spies??? That would imply that they actually have fans... :lol:

GO CATS GO!!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:13 pm

#-o DOH! Sorry. :oops: