Kramer / Lulay / Dickenson / in the Greatfall Trib

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Kramer / Lulay / Dickenson / in the Greatfall Trib

Post by mslacat » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:09 am

This is going to be great:

Follow the link:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/p ... 10314/1006

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:25 am

Uh oh... *bookmarks egriz board, waits for someone to get a hold of this over there*.
Kramer is right.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:11 pm

MSU01 wrote:Uh oh... *bookmarks egriz board, waits for someone to get a hold of this over there*.
Kramer is right.
It's on...

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=5852

Stay tuned.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:25 pm

I really liked this statement

"What we're seeing right now," Kramer said, "is the way that he's going to play for the rest of his career."

Finally Kamer & Comp look to pass first and then run.

I can live with these stats like this:
350 yrds passing per game
2 -3 td by the pass per gaem
24+ points per game
Average 5 yrds per play

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:41 pm

friz fans just hate it when someone else is claimed to be as good as one of theirs...so be it. Trying to be objective when I look at it, I agree with the friz that Travis does not match Dave Dickenson when it comes to pure passing ability and stats. DD was a great passer and had some amazing stats in Don read's pass only offensive scheme. Travis is not in the same type of system as DD, but DD was still probably a better pure passer.

However, what really set DD apart was his uncanny ability to come up with a huge play when needed and lead his team to victory. As a Bobcat fan, I just hated to see what DD did to us just when you thought you had him. And he did it to everyone else also. Well, this is where I see the same things in Travis. I believe his passing skills are getting better all the time and he is finally getting some help. But what sets him apart are the intangibles he brings to the game and for the team.

As I watch the Cats and other Big Sky teams, I see many teams bigger, often faster etc than us. But we end up beating them more often than not. So what is the difference? It is obviously No. 14 and his ability to find a way to win. In this manner, he reminds me of DD quite a bit.

As BAC pointed out elsewhere, it is an extreme compliment to DD that any Cat fans compare Travis Lulay to him. friz fans may not like this, but if they looked a bit more objectively they might realize that we are comparing a kid that we just love to probably the best player at his position ever in the Big Sky, so it is a compliment.

And right now, I would still take Travis hands down over any other QB in the Big Sky. Others may have better stats, but there is absolutely no question who is the Most Valuable player to his team in the Conference!