Hello Bobcatnation.com!!!!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDad
BobcatNation Redshirt

Hello Bobcatnation.com!!!!!

Post by BobcatDad » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:25 am

Just found this message board last night after having looked for a MSU message board for months! This looks like a great board and you will be getting posts from me.
How about that game last night!!!!! Bobcats all the way this year!!! I live in California and have to listen to the games via internet, but the game was still awsome on the net!!! Would have loved to see it on TV. Is the MSU/Griz game going to be nationally televised?

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:35 am

Let me be the first to welcome you, dad.

Yesterday was indeed a great day in the Nation.

Cats win AT NAU (although win doesn't really describe 60-14, does it?).

Griz lose at Portland.

Doesn't get any better than this...

As to television coverage of the Cats conference-clinching win at Missoula in November, I'm sure it will be on Fox Sports Northwest. Not sure where Rocklin is but I watched the Cat/griz game from the Oregon coast a couple of years ago, so...

If you can't get FSNW, I'm sure there's a Cat satelite party nearby...

Good to have you as a citizen of the Nation, dad; hope you enjoy yourself here...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

BobcatDad
BobcatNation Redshirt

thanks El Gato

Post by BobcatDad » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:41 am

thanks for the welcome!!!!!! Rocklin is near Sacramento, California.
Haven't missed a game this year.....either making the drive up to MSU (ugh) to catch a game or listening to it on the net!!!!!
Thanks again for the welcome!!!

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:07 am

Well then cheer extra loud for me next Saturday when the Nation descends on Sad Sac State.

Don't want/can't afford a silly "big-head syndrome" loss there...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

catsalltheway
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catsalltheway » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:41 am

I also had to settle to listen to this game via the internet but I sure am glad I could follow along with you guys here...alot of fun!!!...thank God we won, hate to see this place if we lost!!!!!....
Will be able to see the last two games...can't wait...go Bobcats...

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:45 am

Hey Dad,
Watch out for the Griz fan they call Meat...He hangs out here more than his share and he's a real pain in the neck that guy.

:P

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:45 pm

Hey Bobcatdad, here is a link to all of the Cat/Griz party locations. I will be at the San Leandro location, which draws about 200 people every year.

http://www.montana.edu/alumni/cat_griz_ ... e_calf.htm
Last edited by SonomaCat on Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:06 pm

Bobcatdad: How did you find this site? It it taking a long time for it to show up on the search engines (it started up earlier this year), so I am always curious as to how people initially discover it. Pass it along to everyone you know (who are Bobcat fans)!

I am SO hungover today. I missed the second half, but the first half put me in a celebratory mood all night!

BobcatDad
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatDad » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:39 pm

Thanks for ALL the info on the cats/Griz game. I will DEFINATELY be at the sattelite party in Sactown supporting the cats when we play the Griz.
Anyone going to the make it to the cats/Sac game?? I will be there since I only live 30 min from Hornet stadium!!!

BobcatDad
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatDad » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:45 pm

Bay Area Cat.....I can't even remember how I found your sight last night!!!! I THINK I found it while I was trying to get info after listening to the game on an ESPN sight or maybe it was while I was trying to get 1-AA game results from a search engine. Sorry I can't be more help, but I found the sight and I am enjoying the heck out of it!!!!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:15 pm

BobcatDad wrote:Thanks for ALL the info on the cats/Griz game. I will DEFINATELY be at the sattelite party in Sactown supporting the cats when we play the Griz.
Anyone going to the make it to the cats/Sac game?? I will be there since I only live 30 min from Hornet stadium!!!
I would normally be there, but I have to be out of town this weekend, so I'm missing it. There will be a Bobcat alumni tailgate before the game (and I'm sure they would love you there) at the Sac State alumni center. We usually get a couple thousand Bobcat fans at that game when it is in Sac. In fact, expect more Bobcat fans than Hornet fans.

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:56 pm

I know the members who have put this board together do not want to spend a lot of money on it. But maybe a $ 5 per year donation, instead of a fee, could be charged. This would give the members who run the board the funds to purchase a high ranking on the seach engines so new and old fans can find this board.

Well the door bell is ring and I am running out of candy. I might be taking some tricks later tonight.

rtb

Post by rtb » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:25 pm

BobCatFan wrote:I know the members who have put this board together do not want to spend a lot of money on it. But maybe a $ 5 per year donation, instead of a fee, could be charged. This would give the members who run the board the funds to purchase a high ranking on the seach engines so new and old fans can find this board.

Well the door bell is ring and I am running out of candy. I might be taking some tricks later tonight.
We would like to keep this free so that more people will join and it makes it a lot easier to control then if we are running a profitable business. When and if the time comes that we need financial help we may ask for some donations or sell some t-shirts or something, but for now the plan is to keep this site free. Thank you for the input and please spread the word so more people will join.

catsalltheway
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catsalltheway » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:53 am

I just joined a few weeks ago...i heard about this site when I was in the bleachers at homecoming...a few people were talking about some of the posts in here...and I just typed in Bobcatnation in Google and I was here....so I heard via talk....