NAU GAMEDAY THREAD

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:37 pm

Way to go, BOBCATS!!!

60-14... I doubt even the most optimistic of us could have imagined this!

I also think it is pretty impressive that we only got outscored 14-7 in the second half, since we had our reserves in almost the entire half while NAU padded their stats with their starters kept in through most of the 2nd half.

Have a safe and fun trip home, boys!

GO CATS GO!!!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:04 pm

We've got to have something to gripe about: Blocked extra point, failed 2 point conversion, missed field goal, Lulay really screwed up one punt (the rest were terrific), every starting receiver except Sullivan had a couple of drops. Just few things to keep the coaches yelling at practice next week.

Kramer said we started this game playing like we've been playing at the end of games. It's really true. Those early drives looked like the last drives of the PSU and SDSU games. I hope our offense can keep the mindset going into Sac State.

Sole possession of 1st place in the league-how sweet is that?

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:45 am

WYCAT wrote:Can anyone remember a bigger win than this in our recent history? I thought coming in we had a decent chance of pulling out a win but never in a million years would I have guessed we would have put together a blowout at NAU. I think this type of win is a lot bigger than the friz squeaker at EWU and if you go over to egriz you will see their fans think the same thing. I can't wait to listen to the first half tomorrow when it is archived.
No disrespect to the Cats' win, but I don't think this win over NAU is "alot bigger" than Montana's win over Eastern Washington, just because of the way EWU is absolutely demolishing every league opponent they face. The EWU-MSU game will be quite interesting, and if the Eagles keep playing as they have, I give them the nod.

It's still tough to tell how MSU is doing. NAU has a tendency to blow the big ones (ie Griz winning 59-21 in Flagstaff last year).

I can't believe the Bobcats won like this though, probably good for you guys not to be in need of a pace maker this time. The Griz on the other hand blew the game right off the bat. You can bet we'll be in good shape next week to complete the state of Montana sweep of the 'Jacks.

FTC

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:33 am

Nick wrote:
WYCAT wrote:Can anyone remember a bigger win than this in our recent history? I thought coming in we had a decent chance of pulling out a win but never in a million years would I have guessed we would have put together a blowout at NAU. I think this type of win is a lot bigger than the friz squeaker at EWU and if you go over to egriz you will see their fans think the same thing. I can't wait to listen to the first half tomorrow when it is archived.
No disrespect to the Cats' win, but I don't think this win over NAU is "alot bigger" than Montana's win over Eastern Washington, just because of the way EWU is absolutely demolishing every league opponent they face. The EWU-MSU game will be quite interesting, and if the Eagles keep playing as they have, I give them the nod.

It's still tough to tell how MSU is doing. NAU has a tendency to blow the big ones (ie Griz winning 59-21 in Flagstaff last year).

I can't believe the Bobcats won like this though, probably good for you guys not to be in need of a pace maker this time. The Griz on the other hand blew the game right off the bat. You can bet we'll be in good shape next week to complete the state of Montana sweep of the 'Jacks.
I would agree it is not bigger, if we had just won by a slight or somewhat large margin. But to absolutely DESTROY NAU like we did, I would say our win is bigger. Do you have any idea how much confidence this will give them team? We didn't squeek one out in NAU, we didn't come from behind, we didn't even beat them good. We bent them over and had our way with them. The Griz win over EWU was huge, but combining our recent history at domes, and the fact that we haven't won in NAU since 1979, I would say our win is bigger, by quite a bit. NAU has a good team. They were 3-1 in conference before coming in to today's game. I'm sorry but not even the almight EWU has put up 60 points against anyone this year. This game should show that the Cats are for real, and deserve the current lead of the BSC.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:50 am

The only thing bigger than the friz win over the Eagles would be a Cat win over the Eagles, and only after a Cat win over the Hornets.