Billings Booster luncheon

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Billings Booster luncheon

Post by mslacat » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:29 am

Anybody from Billings going today? Any body willing to report back
Last edited by mslacat on Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:56 am

Yep, I am going will give a report this afternoon.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:09 am

Robcat wrote:Yep, I am going will give a report this afternoon.
I was thinking about it? Anyone else going? I can't drag any of my Griz friends along though :)

Robcat

Post by Robcat » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:48 pm

Bobcat lunch-Kramer report. Corners, corners, corners. Optimistic about the NAU game, he said our losses in the past have been due the fac they were a better team than us. Now thinks they are very well matched. Team is very fired up. Cats will face a differant D this Saturday, a lot of the last 3 weeks progress was due to all 3 of the opponents used the same style D. He is very high on Gatewood, now calls him Greatwood, wants to get the running game going in order to take some of the pressure off the injured Lulay and not have to go over the middle to Wolf. Wants to keep Lulay in the pocket. And would love to steal Osley from Mick Durham and make him a tight end.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:03 pm

Tell Kramer to keep his stinking hands off of (I believe you ment) Dissly. In the Billing paper they mentioned Durham was going to show up. Did he have anything to say

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:08 pm

Robcat wrote:not have to go over the middle to Wolf
Maybe I am misreading this, but does Kramer NOT want to throw to Wolf? #$#*!! Wolf showed these last 2 games what a potent weapon he can be, why would we not use him!! :x

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:16 pm

Kramer spoke a bit about this on the Sports Nuts yesterday as well. If I remember right his main justification for not wanting to send Wolf out as much was for pass protection. Basically he said with Travis hurting a bit, they want him staying in the pocket more with less ad lib running and in order to allow him to do that Kramer would like Wolf in blocking rather than out on pass routes. I believe he said(again from memory, could be wrong) the other option was two running backs in for pass protection, i.e. Grant Elliot in to pick up pass blitz.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Robcat

Post by Robcat » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:03 pm

Kmax is correct it is to protect Lulay since he is banged up, once he is on the mend he will start using Wolf as a reciever. And yes maybe 2 running backs. Durham talked about a young team and his lack of a center. The new center is 6'11" but as Kramer aptly put it, instead of bones this kid has tubes. He is very skinny. Not much prospect for any Montana BB players on the horizon. Likes to keep about 5 of the 14 on the team from Montana.

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:16 pm

If Kramer were going to make Wolf his main weapon, would he announce it in public? The way he likes to talk, maybe so, but I think everything he says has an intended purpose, if only to send us running to the really big dictionaries.