Catatac Recap

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Catatac Recap

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:14 pm

Here's my 1.5 cents worth:

Offense is definitely coming around. Pretty good sign that we had our best game of the year against the best defense in the Big Sky. As Kramer has been saying, it will take till mid-season or so to get all these young guys in the same page. Hopefully we continue to improve and peak down the stretch again! As others have said, can you imagine the points we score if we play well for 4 quarters? One thing that bothers me is that Kramer says he’s not concerned with the slow starts because it shows the heart of this team when they come back. In addition to the huge offensive play, we’ve also needed some luck breaks to win these last 3 games. Can’t count on that. Hopefully the slow starts are behind us now. I’ve heard Griz fans brag about how tough Ochs is. I’m sure he is a tough kid, but Travis Lulay is Monster tough. After that hit that left him unconscious, to come back in the game, wobbly, blood soaking through his undershirt, brace on a sprained knee, and deliver the best performance of his career, absolutely incredible. That was the 1st time I ever remember seeing him leave a game due to injury.

Defensively – Frustrating to watch Fuller get burned so much, and they really were picking on him. How on earth did we not get a finger on that QB the entire game? I’ve never seen our D not get at least 1 sack. Was their O line that phenomenal or did our front 7 just really stink it up? With Clark, Sebastian, Matakis, Lowe, Gluhm, Rogers, we did not get 1 sack? Not to mention the backers, but I’m guessing we had them back in pass coverage a lot. Definitely need to improve that play or S.D. State’s QB will eat us alive on Saturday.

My prediction for the Big Sky race – There will be another tie, possibly 3-way, and we’ll be there. Of course, if we win the 4 Big Sky games we have left, I guess I’ll settle for being wrong.

Lastly – my friend pointed out a tidbit that I found interesting. Literally, at no point during the entire game, all 60 minutes, did we ever have the lead. In fact we were only tied for a short while in the early going, before they scored, at 0-0. Other than that, we were behind for 60 minutes. Only after there was no time left on the clock did we tie them. I thought it was interesting anyways… :)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:31 pm

Yeah, if we can ever get a darn lead, we are gonna destroy a team! :)

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:14 pm

same can be said for the Weber game. That would make the Cats 2-0 when never leading during the game. :shock:

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:14 pm

Was their O line that phenomenal or did our front 7 just really stink it up? With Clark, Sebastian, Matakis, Lowe, Gluhm, Rogers, we did not get 1 sack? Not to mention the backers, but I’m guessing we had them back in pass coverage a lot.
Listening to the pre-game with Attebury, Kramer said that with all of the injuries in the secondary, we were litterally unable to field a dime or nickel package to defend against the pass.

That is why we see Epi King in coverage and Clive Lowe speed rushing during passing situations. I think our front 4 had their hands full trying to get to the QB this past weekend. They MAY have had other responsibilities, such as keeping the QB in the pocket, and defending against the draw play.

I will not be able to see the tape until Wed or Thursday so maybe I am wrong.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO