CARDIAC CATS #2 (How many needed a defibrilator?)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rtb

Interesting Idea

Post by rtb » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:20 pm

CelticCat wrote:Also, why don't we try receiving the ball first? I may be mistaken, but I think we have won every coin toss this year, with the exception of the OT toss against PSU. We always elect to kick. Why don't we start the game with the ball, and go right into the no huddle offense and try and get a quick score!
This is a good idea. Most of the time a team wants the ball to start out the second half, but the Cats really need to get the ball early and often to work the bugs out. This week I was at the Oregon game and they did the same thing. Offense has been hit and miss so they took the ball on the opening kick and drove down field right away. I would like to see the Cats try it!

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUcantouchus » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:10 pm

How about more crowd noise in the first half to get the guys pumped. I know they always comment on the noise and how it helps them. Any ideas on how this can be done?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:11 pm

We make plenty of noise until they scored twice with like 8 minutes left in the first quarter. I hate to say it, but you have to give the crowd SOMETHING to cheer at. I mean a big play, a few first downs in a row, a big defensive stand. We didn't have hardly anything to cheer at in the 1st half.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:15 pm

peedintunnel wrote:How about more crowd noise in the first half to get the guys pumped. I know they always comment on the noise and how it helps them. Any ideas on how this can be done?
[sarcasm]Don't end up down 14-0 half way through the first quarter is a thought.[/sarcasm]

Seriously though, while they aren't any where near as loud as they are at crucial points at the end, I felt the crowd has done pretty good at getting into the game at all times, unless(as I said above) the crowd gets silenced by going down early. This is not something that is only here, any crowd will get taken out of a game if their team gives up two quick early scores and/or can't seem to do anything on offense.
Last edited by kmax on Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:17 pm

peedintunnel wrote:How about more crowd noise in the first half to get the guys pumped. I know they always comment on the noise and how it helps them. Any ideas on how this can be done?
I was thinking the same thing ... we need someone down front with POSTER BOARDS that can scribble cheers down pertaining to the game (NOISE!, NICE HIT --> NOISE!, SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT .. PUMP THIS TEAM UP ETC, EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE etc. etc. etc.) and then show it to the crowd to pump the crowd up! Anything will work. The fans just need that spark to get that FLAME GOING!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:04 pm

A few "big hits" will get it done too!
Last edited by Helcat72 on Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2024 Resume dominance