PSU vs. MSU Post Game Comments

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

PSU vs. MSU Post Game Comments

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:20 pm

First off, in response to the comments about the up the gut handoff to Domineck to tie it. It was absolutely the right call at that time. Those huge PSU D-linemen were sucking wind big time-they had nothing left after the previous 81 yard drive to get to the one yard line. A play action thing, or a roll out would have been much lower pecentage.

On the other hand, in the first half we have 1st and goal from the 7, then the two up the gut runs were absolutely the stupidest play calling I have ever seen. You can't just run straight up against those guys when their still fresh.

Maybe the solution to our offensive woes is to just go for it on 4th down every time. How many 4th's did we complete at the end? 2 or 3? And they weren't easy by any means!

Cochran has a strong leg, and his field goals and extra points in the middle of the field are absolutely majestic. But he has to learn how to kick from the hash marks. Both his misses had plenty of leg but his angle is just a little off.

PSU's offensive line was dominant most of the day. I don't think Wiser was ever sacked, and we seldom got any pressure on him. It doesn't help that they're so strong running the ball, because our d-line could never really pin their ears back and go.

PSU made a mistake by going on defense to start the OT. Their defense, especially the line were exhausted. Domineck's OT run was an easy stroll with PSU linemen laying all over the field.

Maybe it was the altitude, or the grass, but MSU was definitely the better conditioned team today. When both teams were fresh PSU dominated, but as the game wore on they wore out-similar to 2002. I imagine our altitude does have some impact.

Another great crowd annouced at just over 12,000. The must have counted every hotdog vendor, tv cameraman, and the chain gang to get to that number-as the student section wasn't as full as the last two games, but it was a big crowd for us at this time of year, and boy was it loud at the end of OT when PSU had the ball.

3-0-3. That's our first half scoring in the last 3 games. All wins. That is truely amazing.

Eddie Sullivan-started the season on the bench-now he's absolutely the go-to-guy. Great game by him today!
Last edited by BelgradeBobcat on Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:23 pm

Congrads to the Cats. My hopes of a Cat/Griz game with both teams undefeated in conference lives baby!!!

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:49 pm

I swear, these Cats are going to give me a coronary by the time I'm 30...

.....yet somehow, I don't care!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GO CATS GO!!!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:06 pm

Must... kill... refs...

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:23 am

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
Congrads to the Cats. My hopes of a Cat/Griz game with both teams undefeated in conference lives baby!!!
Huge wins for both schools. The griz really impressed me winning at EWU. I would have lost a lot of money if I lived near 94VegasCat. Kudos and lets both keep things rolling.