Anyone hear the Dean alexander show with Coach Kramer

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cats14
BobcatNation Redshirt

Anyone hear the Dean alexander show with Coach Kramer

Post by Cats14 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:15 am

I couldn't tune it for it but i hear that Dean finally came out and told kramer its ok to let Bailey open up the play book. I thought this was pretty funny. Kramers response is that they call the offenses plays to save the Defense. sounds to me like Kramer isn't as high on our Deffense this year. What is everyone elses thoughts.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:28 am

I would say that running it up the gut and throwing passes 4 yards downfield on 3rd-and-9 doesn't do a hell of a lot to help our defense...

GO CATS GO!!!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:35 am

Good one BozoneCat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:36 am

Our defense is ranked #2 in the BCS. While it may not be as stellar as it has been in the past couple of years, there is no reason he should be worried about this defense. I personally think Kramer is more afraid that the offense won't be able to execute a 3rd and long play. I think Kramer doesn't have much faith in the offense and is just unwilling to admit this to the public.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:42 am

Do you think it is a lack of faith in the offense or in the offensive coordinator and/or system?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:53 am

To be honest, I think it is a lack of faith in the offense. After the first couple of games where we had so many drops, the offensive scheme seemed to changed a little. Also, I think Kramer has talked up Lulay so much, that he doesn't want to say anything detrimental to that point. But I think Kramer has less faith in the offense as a whole, not just Lulay, than he has in the past few years. I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey and Kramer feel this way.

But I don't think the approach is the correct one, I still say open the playbook, let them have their chance to shine. The only way they can get better is to take risks! Give them a chance to shine Kramer/Bailey!

gocats77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gocats77 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:55 am

My, what sages you all are! Just imagine how good our football team would be if you all were the coaches!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:17 pm

The offensive skill players are all new this year. It takes time to gel as an offense with that many new players. We put up 400+ yards last week and our receivers/RB"s are starting to hit their strides. Once we can get the basic package plays done, then I think they will open up the playbook some more. The offense is slowly coming around and should be starting to put up (hopefully) an extra 1-2 TD's a game by years end. We should have had 2 more TD's last week if it wasn't for TO's/penalties.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:32 pm

I wasn't saying our offense isn't coming around - hardly. I was just replying to the statement that Kramer may think little of the defense this year. I think as the offense continues to get better (and I sincerely think they will), the playbook will open up. I don't know if the playcalling rests soley on the belief that Bailey/Kramer just don't have faith in the offense, or the fact that Bailey/Kramer just aren't great playcallers.

I strongly feel that the offense itself is to blame, not the playcalling. The fact that it is an entire new recieving corp, along with new running backs, and even new OL, is contributing to the offensive struggles. They just have had a hard time getting into a rhythm this year, because of miscues. I think, as stated earlier by Cardiac Cats, that if they can start executing the basic fundamental plays better, then the playbook will open up. And we see glimpses of how great this offense could be every game, mostly recently in the 3rd quarter/part of the 4th last week against Weber. If we can get our offense rolling without use of the 2:00 drill, I believe we can make a run into the playoffs.

In short, the defense is definately not the part Kramer should be worrying about.

rtb

Why Post

Post by rtb » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:29 pm

gocats77 wrote:My, what sages you all are! Just imagine how good our football team would be if you all were the coaches!
I know that message board posters come across as having all the answers even though we don't, but come on that is what this board is for. To toss out ideas, speculate on things that should/could be done etc. I feel like people have been jumping on people too much when they give suggestions for teams/coaches etc.

I understand that the coaches do a better job than all of us collectively could do, but that doesn't mean we can't toss out ideas and imagine what it would be like if things were our way.

I have heard complaints before for making coments about Mick's lack of success the last few years or for suggesting maybe a change in our offensive coordinator would be the best thing for our team, but that isn't fair. If people cared more about what I do day to day I am sure message boards would be filled with comments on how I could do things better etc.

Please, let some Monday morning quarterbacking and negative comments slide by on this board, that is part of the reason it is here.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:43 am

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:The offensive skill players are all new this year. It takes time to gel as an offense with that many new players. We put up 400+ yards last week and our receivers/RB"s are starting to hit their strides. Once we can get the basic package plays done, then I think they will open up the playbook some more. The offense is slowly coming around and should be starting to put up (hopefully) an extra 1-2 TD's a game by years end. We should have had 2 more TD's last week if it wasn't for TO's/penalties.
I'll admit, I was bent out of shape pretty badly early in the season in regards to our offense. After having a few weeks to cool down and look at things in a less emotional way, I have to say that Cardiac's post is an exact summary of how I feel about the issue right now.

Mega dittos!