Basketball: Where is the love, Man!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Basketball: Where is the love, Man!

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:53 am

************ Rant Alert ************

According to what I hear from the athletic department and from other members of this board, the mens basketball team, will be hold a Midnight Madness tonight/tomorrow morning at one minute past midnight. Yet there is not one mention of it on the Bobcat athletic board or the internet version of the Bozo Comical. The main reason that hear that the program does not like to hold "Midnight Madness" type events is because they are not very well attended by the puplic. Yet how can people attend if the athletic department is not going to let people know that it is happening. I truly hope that in the paper version of the Comical there is some mention of it.

Cats14
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Cats14 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:58 am

Yes there is a mid night practice tonight at midnight for the b ball team but mick does not want it to be open for the public. He is looking at it like just a practice that they can get under there belt because they have another one at 5 pm on sat as well.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:04 am

ewww.... A real practice at 12:01 tonight, there is nothing fun about that!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:07 am

Seems odd to me too. Maybe Mick is turning into Bob Knight and will rule with an iron clipboard this year.

rtb

What is the point?

Post by rtb » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:20 pm

Is there really a reason to practice at midnight if you aren't going to open it to the public? Can't you wait until 6 or 7 in the morning if it is just going to be a regular practice?

BTW there was a good little article in today's USA TODAY why GATech doesn't do the March Madness thing.

I hope our closed door midnight practice results in a BSC Championship this year! GO CATS