Xtra point week #7

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Xtra point week #7

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:54 am

bearBAC wrote:http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.as ... 547824.htm

Portland State (3-2) at Montana State (3-2), 3:05

The Vikings embark on a tough stretch that will show if they really have a chance in the Big Sky or if the success so far has been a fluke. Portland State travels to Montana State and Northern Arizona and then hosts Montana in the next three weeks. With the exception of a big loss to red-hot Eastern Washington, the Vikings defense has been a force. Portland State is surrendering just 16.4 points per game and leads the league in scoring defense and passing defense. Montana State’s defense has been up to the task as well, allowing just 19.2 points per contest. The Bobcats offense has not been quite as proficient as Portland State’s, though. Montana State scored just 37 total points against porous units from Idaho State and Weber State, and have not looked sharp running or passing. Portland State’s passing game has struggled as well, but Ryan Fuqua will give Montana State fits and the Vikings will .............................
Chuernos gave us fits too, but he only ripped off one long run. This is the WEEK our offense wakes up ... I HAVE A HUNCH. I think we are gonna click this weekend. We cut down the TO's/PENALTIES we will win this game. We need the crowd to get INTO THE GAME EARLY! It seems our team thrives on the energy from the crowd and we need to make some noise. Seems like it takes a quarter for our crowd to get rocking.

There will be no raiding in Bozeman by this Viking team. The Bobcats are gonna smack them in the mouth and cut off their horns! :)

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:58 am

Why didn't you put this part in your post?
No. 5 Montana (5-1) at No. 23 Eastern Washington (4-2), 5:05

Forget the rankings for a second, and just look at the numbers. Team A has 386.3 yards per game, while Team B is putting up 459.3. Team B also has a 70 yard per game edge on the ground. On defense, Team B allows 360 yards per game and Team A is surrendering nearly 90 more. You probably get the picture by now. Team B, of course is Eastern Washington, the hottest team in the Big Sky. Team A is Montana, the highest ranked team in the Big Sky but not the most impressive so far. Montana is 5-1, so I don’t want to come down on them too hard. But since the Grizzlies defeated Maine in the season opener, they have left something to be desired in some of the victories. I’ve been saying Montana’s pass defense could catch up to them eventually, and this will be the week. Eastern Washington’s Erik Meyer is one of the top quarterbacks in the country right now, and Erik Kimble is emerging as a go-to threat at wide receiver. While Montana has similar weapons in the passing game, the Eagles have a much more potent running attack. Darius Washington seems to get better with each game, while Montana’s duo of Justin Green and Lex Hilliard is only producing 3.4 yards per carry. Eastern Washington’s defense has also improved each week since a season opening loss to Nicholls State. The Eagles completely shut down Jason Murrietta and the Northern Arizona offense while scoring at will against the Lumberjacks. Eastern Washington might have a bit tougher time stopping Montana, but the Grizzlies’ defense hasn’t proven it can shut down an offense the caliber of Eastern Washington. The game could emerge into a classic Big Sky shootout, but with the contest in Cheney the Eagles will prevail and get the inside track to the Big Sky title. Prediction: Eastern Washington 35, Montana 30

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:04 am

BAC is on vacation this week so you are stuck with KMax. Probably same result but not your nemesis.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:11 am

The guy picks both Montana teams to lose. Does he not know what we put in the water out here?

I'll predict both Montana teams win. My wish of having both teams undefeated in league play still has a chance.

Go Griz
Go Cats

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:05 am

bearBAC wrote:
WYCAT wrote:Why didn't you put this part in your post?
No. 5 Montana (5-1) at No. 23 Eastern Washington (4-2), 5:05

Forget the rankings for a second, and just look at the numbers. Team A has 386.3 yards per game, while Team B is putting up 459.3. Team B also has a 70 yard per game edge on the ground. On defense, Team B allows 360 yards per game and Team A is surrendering nearly 90 more. You probably get the picture by now. Team B, of course is Eastern Washington, the hottest team in the Big Sky. Team A is Montana, the highest ranked team in the Big Sky but not the most impressive so far. Montana is 5-1, so I don’t want to come down on them too hard. But since the Grizzlies defeated Maine in the season opener, they have left something to be desired in some of the victories. I’ve been saying Montana’s pass defense could catch up to them eventually, and this will be the week. Eastern Washington’s Erik Meyer is one of the top quarterbacks in the country right now, and Erik Kimble is emerging as a go-to threat at wide receiver. While Montana has similar weapons in the passing game, the Eagles have a much more potent running attack. Darius Washington seems to get better with each game, while Montana’s duo of Justin Green and Lex Hilliard is only producing 3.4 yards per carry. Eastern Washington’s defense has also improved each week since a season opening loss to Nicholls State. The Eagles completely shut down Jason Murrietta and the Northern Arizona offense while scoring at will against the Lumberjacks. Eastern Washington might have a bit tougher time stopping Montana, but the Grizzlies’ defense hasn’t proven it can shut down an offense the caliber of Eastern Washington. The game could emerge into a classic Big Sky shootout, but with the contest in Cheney the Eagles will prevail and get the inside track to the Big Sky title. Prediction: Eastern Washington 35, Montana 30
Because everytime I post anything on this board pertaining to the Griz BAC deletes it !! unless of coarse it is griz negative!
I actually never delete Griz related stuff -- I just move it to the other board, where it belongs.

Gosh, guys. I finally get bb trained, and you go off and start encouraging him back into his bad habits! J/K.

theblackgecko
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by theblackgecko » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:21 pm

Amen to that Cat-TOWM. I'd love to see both Montana schools go undefeated until the big game in November. Cats would probably get a home playoff game, win or lose.