Football Field

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Football Field

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:13 pm

Just wanna say how well the field looks this year. Groundskeepers are doing a VERY nice job and I'm sure a lot of work goes into that. I was at the game on Saturday and just watched it again at lunch and the field is in BEAUTIFUL shape. You have to love really nice natural grass fields! Its the way football was suppossed to be played on, not that flat/generic/odorless concrete stuff other teams play on. I know its a lot of work to keep it looking nice and I just wanted to give some KUDOS to the MSU groundskeepers on a job well done!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:19 pm

I agree CC. Saturday was my first time back in Bozeman for a couple of years and the field looked better than I can remember. I know it gets a lot harder later in the year but grass is my choice for surface. Ask Brandon Roosevelt what he thinks.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:30 pm

Agreed and great post Cardiac. They really have done an excellent job this year and I will have to also say I have never seen the field look so nice.

In case anybody missed it, the Chronicle had a nice piece on the grounds crew that takes care of the field just before the season started: Dedicated crew handles MSU football turf.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUcantouchus » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:46 pm

You might have noticed the field this week a little more because the blue paint is no longer royal but navy like our uni's. They must still be using up the yellow outline paint because it is not gold yet.

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUcantouchus » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:09 pm

Wow I just saw the KICK on the news and it cleared the top of the goal posts. It my have been good for m another 20

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:17 pm

I know that a few years ago that the Great Falls Boosters donated all of the paint for the endzones and midfield. I think it's great you you all started doing that. It has made the field look much better.