ISU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

ISU

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:26 pm

From what I've read, ISU doesn't even pretend to try to run the ball. They have a good quarterback, tall athletic receivers, and the game is on super fast concrete turf in a dome. Not the best situation for a team with a very inexperienced secondary.

The d-line is going to have to put on a lot of pressure on the quarterback.

The offense is going to have to score some points. This is scary considering with haven't even cracked the 20 point barrier this season.

So with all that negative stuff...I say the Bobcats win big this Saturday!

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:36 pm

The Best you can hope for is a shoot-out. Cat Corner situation is very iffy.

ISU is a wierd team. One good Quarter one bad Quarter, look Great for 1/2 and like crap for 1/2. On the postive side maybe the cats will be able to run the ball and eat some clock. EWU's RB got 200+ rushing.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:26 pm

I look for us to run the ball a lot more than we have in the past few games. Milton ran well against CSU with limited opportunities and the line is coming together. A good steady offense will help our CB's as much as anything. I also look for the D Line to put a lot of pressure on their QB. That and turnovers are going to me a must.

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:13 pm

If past performance is indicative of future results, then the Cats will have a hard time keeping up with ISU.

Two home games and a third away on grass does not bode well for the Cat D. Watch to see if MSU tackling, or the lack thereof, is an issue in the first half.

The Cats are thin in the secondary, and the OL....................

One thing in the Cats' favor, is that this year's game films might make ISU think that the Cats simply suk this year, and will be looking past this weekend...let's hope so.

Another thing in the Cats' favor - our guys have more passion and energy for the game of football. If the D Line plays to their ability, and a little beyond, it could make the difference.

But if the Cats are in a shoot-out - I'm afraid they might only bring a knife.

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:32 pm

Maybe Kramer should just rely on Lulay to do the kicking job as well. Afterall, like lots of us in the real world, we may have a title, but we wear many hats to get the job done!

Back to the original post, I think if we can continue to make the drive attempts, and succeed, we may turn out ok. I am being very optimisticm can't you tell?

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:56 pm

Where is the ISU Bengal fan? We need some info on ISU. He posted last week? here Kitty, kitty, kitty.....Oh I guess that doesn't work on this board :D

Four

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:57 pm

grizhatr wrote:Maybe Kramer should just rely on Lulay to do the kicking job as well. Afterall, like lots of us in the real world, we may have a title, but we wear many hats to get the job done!

Back to the original post, I think if we can continue to make the drive attempts, and succeed, we may turn out ok. I am being very optimisticm can't you tell?
\

I'm sure we'll run a similiar game plan to what we were doing against CSU. CSU has a nice passing game on the outside with Holland anc Co. and I think we'll just play it to not let anything get deep and keep them in front of us. We'll let the front 7 try and put some pressure on the QB and allow them to make plays. Hopefully ISU doesn't have any RB as well so we can drop LB's into coverage as well. I think our defense front 7 needs to go full out. They will only be FASTER on sprint turf in there so I think we'll play well. We definately need to control the game using our running game if we can get that going. Use the clock and keep their offense off the field. Make them stop US and not us having to stop them.

I think its gonna be a battle, but one we can sure win ... especially if we can cause some TO's.

Bengal1
BobcatNation Redshirt

ISU-MSU Preview (BengalNation.net)

Post by Bengal1 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:48 am

There's a pretty realistic preview posted on the ISU board (bengalnation.net). The story itself is located in the news section ( http://eteamz.active.com/I-AAfootball/n ... te=1503316 ).

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:55 am

Bengal1: Thanks,

Game 3PM on Omega?
Last edited by jagur1 on Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Four

snake
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by snake » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:20 pm

Bleedinbluengold wrote:Another thing in the Cats' favor - our guys have more passion and energy for the game of football.
Is that a fact? I would usually be quick to defend my team but after putting up with ISU for 4 games, I almost feel the same way. We have no running game but we have the best recievers in the BSC and an above average QB. He cannot run so if MSU blitzes continually, there will probably be a number of int's up for grabs.

But then again, if MSU blitzes, that leaves one on one coverage with our recievers. Anyone feel like gambling?

"How much you wanna make a bet I could throw a football over those mountains?" --Uncle Rico-- from Napolean Dynamite

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:41 pm

snake wrote:
Bleedinbluengold wrote:Another thing in the Cats' favor - our guys have more passion and energy for the game of football.
Is that a fact? I would usually be quick to defend my team but after putting up with ISU for 4 games, I almost feel the same way. We have no running game but we have the best recievers in the BSC and an above average QB. He cannot run so if MSU blitzes continually, there will probably be a number of int's up for grabs.

But then again, if MSU blitzes, that leaves one on one coverage with our recievers. Anyone feel like gambling?
Yep, totally agree ... its gonna be jump ball out in secondary I think on MSU blitzes and ball up in the air. I think this will make for an exciting game to watch as we all know what ISU is gonna try and do against the Cats. PASS PASS PASS. We'll see how it comes out I guess. MSU just need to run run run and keep your team off the field :)