Your best Bobcat Football Memory

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatfaninGA » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:03 pm

Yup, I agree. I remember sitting about the 50 yard line that game and giving ole Doug an earfull, then he tossed up his wristbands to me, gracious looser I guess. What a day!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:11 pm

I've been attending MSU football games since the mid-70's and a lot of games standout. But few will exceed the good feelings from the 2003 NAU game.

I was mad and ready to leave, but my daughter insisted we stay saying "there's still a chance". Well soon after Lulay gets the long TD run and I'm thinking-ho hum-here's yet another heartbreaking loss. But then Cook kicks an onside kick that rolls smoother than I can roll a bowling ball right into Corey Smith's bread basket! And before we knew it Lulay sneaks it for the go ahead score. True elation.

My daughter will never let me live it down-instead of leaving early we left an hour and half afterwards and my kid and her friend (who was attending her first ever home Bobcat football game) had autographs from just about every player, and I had an afternoon memories I will always teasure!

farmcats
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by farmcats » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:23 pm

The one game I remember the most happend in 1985, the year after our chanpion season, was against Idaho. That game was played in some of the worst weather conditions ever. The game was played in Oct. It snowed the day or so before. The field was cleaned of snow. But at game time the temp was around 10 degres above with a stromg wind. The wind chill was well below zero. There was about 500 fans in the stand at game time but by half time there was only about 200. It was cold. We lost the game plus most of the others that year, like all of them.
Over the years there have been a lot of great games, like several of those mentioned. The one great play in an important game was against NAU in our 1976 season. NAU was about to score just before half time. They ran a pitch play and our DE who I believe was Les Lineghaur (sp), picked off the pitch and ran for a 90 some yard touchdown. At the time NAU was ahead. After the half NAU wasn't in the game. It was a great win.

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:27 am

Thanks, BAC for tracking down "The Line". I will take Mslacat's suggestion and contact the athletic department.
My monday morning staff meetings are going to become much more interesting.

CATFAN4LIFE
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CATFAN4LIFE » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:55 am

Farmcats...you are close on the spelling...I think his name was Lance Lenninger from Northeastern Montana and that game does stick out in my head as a great win....also another was the Rainy Overtime fiasco we had with Nevada Reno in 1984 just to get into the playoffs...was that 3 overtimes it took for us to win that game?

Bodysnatcher
New Recruit

Post by Bodysnatcher » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:12 am

IT was DOUG. My appologies

Dylan Tripp
aka Body Snatcher

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:40 am

BEST (that I've seen in person)-

1) Scott Hurley's miracle 45' bank shot to beat the Griz when I was about 10 years old. I've never been more excited at a game.

2) The 1984 semi-final game. Again, I was a young-un, but the atmosphere and the win are always memorable.

3) Danny Sprinkle's 30 point championship game against Weber. That Weber team was pretty darn good as well, but a skinny frosh had the game of his life. Had I known how rare these BSC titles would become I probably would have celebrated even more than I did.

4) MSU beats Idaho when Idaho was #1. It was Cliff Hysell's one shining moment, and some of my buddies ripped down the goalpost. I stood and watched them do it in the stands. It was a great game, but with the athletic budget being as bare as it was then I couldn't bring my self to tear them down.

WORST -

1997 - Perhaps the biggest meltdown I've ever witnessed at a live sporting event. PLAY THE SAFETIES BACK CLIFF! If I got to ask Cliff Hysell one question, it would be why they went press coverage with NO SAFETIES back with 20-odd seconds left in the game. It was a complete, utter choke job by the coaches, and typing about it 7 years later is still making me angry. :evil:

hoags11
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hoags11 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:13 pm

Dylan Tripp completely blowing the ear pieces out of the helmet that was so painfully removed from that poor Fort Lewis' player's head was the best hit in bobcat history.

Sadest Day in Bozeman was the 1997 Cat/Griz game when the coaching staff let down all of Bobcat nation with a horrible call!!!!!!

:cry:

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:40 pm

that was Les Lenniger not Lance!

2024 Resume dominance