Running Game Saturday

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:00 pm

Makes me wish we still had Demetrius Williams. He was the only receiver catching passes at the end of last year, especially when Scotty went down with his shoulder. He didn't have breakaway speed, but he was a great possession receiver who didn't drop a lot of passes.

GO CATS GO!!!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:21 pm

Exactly and he really came up from the depths of the depth chart last year. Maybe someone will follow this year.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:07 pm

God, I sure hope so. Seeing others on here mention Alley makes me think I am not to bad of an observer myself, because I have liked what I have seen from him in scrimmages and such. Hell, you gotta think it is worth giving him a shot, how can he be worse than Gatewood and Roosevelt the last two weeks?! I thought all game long that our coaches stuck with the same three receivers too much, especially considering all the drops. If they are dropping passes, at least give someone a chance to come off the bench and prove they don't belong there. If they play the same way, do you really lose anything?

I do have to say that Guinn has played fairly well so far, although he has dropped a pass or two in both games also. I don't see him stretching the field, though. He doesn't have the speed that Aaron Hill had, but I think he runs good routes and has pretty good hands. I would bet that we will see marked improvement each game with him, and I bet that as he adjusts to the speed of the game and all that other stuff, he probably (hopefully) will prove to become more and more of a sure-handed receiver. My biggest disappointment with him last week was his outbursts after Travis blew a couple passes to him. I can fully appreciate the frustration, but that is just not good teammate-ship (okay, I think I just made a new word, but you know what I mean!).

GO CATS GO!!!