MSU vs. Colorado 2006

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:52 am

Playing a team from California every year is a huge deal to our program, like it or not. I think the goal of our staff is to hopefully play at least one game every season IN the state of California. The reason behind this is pretty obvious - we have a lot of kids on our team that come from Cali (much to the griz fans' dismay), and playing a game over on the coast gives all those players a chance to visit and play in front of their families and friends. I think it's great! I also don't doubt that our coaches probably try to do a little recruiting while they are over there, so as to save money and not have to buy another plane ticket out there at a later time. The problem is not that we are scheduling Cal Poly, the problem is how we are playing against them. If our coaches and players can't be prepared for their non-traditional schemes by now, I wonder when they will be? That said, I don't think our preparation was the problem, I think we just flat out didn't execute.

GO CATS GO!!!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:19 pm

And last year, and the year before that, and.........................

I do agree with the part about playing in CA though. I hadn't thought about the recruiting benefits. Good Point.

BobcatLionFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatLionFan » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:30 pm

The thing about Cal Poly is it Recuiting and Player Families. The Cats do a huge amount of recuiting in California. They want to tell the player's families that we play down there and you can see your son. Look at the roster and see how many they tell that. Cal Poly is a huge game if they still want Cal Players.