Food for thought.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

jagur1
Member # Retired

Food for thought.

Post by jagur1 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:18 pm

http://bozemandailychronicle.com/articl ... column.txt

Funny but don't they have anything better to write about?

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:27 pm

Gee, I don't know. Sounds to me like we are on the edge of something huge from this story that the Chronicle broke. Isn't this just about the same thing that led to the SLC Olympic bid process scandal? If UM is laying out big bucks (more than $3 per person) for the press box occupants, just imagine what they are doing for the refs... or even the NCAA officials!

Now we know how the Griz get those at-large bids and the home playoff games. Now we know....

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:55 pm

These are some his quotes....
And while I work to maintain objectivity in my reporting
Well, let's see if that's true:
After all, following two consecutive losses to the Bobcats, the Grizzlies can certainly no longer claim superiority on the field.
Yes, I can tell he's certainly neutral.
If UM still holds any edge over MSU it's in the size of the Missoula school's athletic department deficit which has begun to rival the national debt.
1 million vs. trillions? Putting these side by side makes a lot of sense. Let's skew the comparison so that it favors the embellishment of the article, thereby making it sound like there is validity to this lame story.
Isn't MSU's deficit in the 100's of thousands? How come no mention of that?
While a piece of cold chicken isn't going to get in the way of my objectivity, a plate of prime rib might.
Didn't he just say he maintains blah blah blah....

Sounds like a fit of jealousy to me. Hey Parker, find something worthwhile to write about rather than stuffing your face with fried chicken and hot dogs.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:56 pm

ok, back to the jokes. Thank God that doesn't happen very often.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:20 pm

Too funny, I wouldn't care if they cooked fried night crawlers. I'm there for the football game and the football game only. If I want food, I'll grill it up myself ... mmmmm :)

Just shows you another example of the wine/cracker/circus mentality of the Griz rubbing off on the media now. Maybe thats why the Griz players are becoming soft :)
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:31 pm

As a part-time visitor to the UM pressbox, I was always impressed with the fare they have...However, what Parker is missing is the fact that UM catering dept handles the food issues and those vary greatly from game to game.

I did enjoy the fact that Pizza Hut loaded up free pizzas for the vultures like myself during games...As well as local soda companies stocking the coolers!!! :D

Hey Lehrkind's/Harrington, how about some free stuff for my bobcat friends????? :P
Last edited by Bozgriz on Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:51 pm

Bozgriz wrote:As a part-time visitor to the UM pressbox, I was always impressed with the fare they have...
Who do I have to sleep with, or NOT sleep with, to get that perk?

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:06 am

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:46 am

Mr. Heinlein has been writing various types of provocative opinion pieces for many years. Looks like he hit some friz where it hurts. What's the matter with a little entertainment?; that's all sports really are, anyway. I would like to think that MSU would withhold hospitality rather than serve cold, greasy poultry and burgers. By the way, I sat next to Mr. Read and what I'm guessing were some writers in a restaurant in Missoula a few weeks ago. If um was paying for it, at least it wasn't lobster, but pizza and sandwiches at a semi-famous chain restaurant headquartered in Bozeman.

theblackgecko

Post by theblackgecko » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:36 pm

velochat wrote:semi-famous chain restaurant headquartered in Bozeman
It's far more famous for the Missoula versions though. I'd bet 90% of Montanans think that's where the whole thing started.
The Bozeman crowd doesn't quite know what to think of upscale dining built on a Montana theme. It's much the same way that far too many people here have no idea about the Ale Works. In the end, its probably for the better, means fewer yuppies at Bozeman's finest reasonably priced dining establishments.

velochat

Post by velochat » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:11 pm

Since they have 4 restaurants in the Bozeman metro area, not including the ale works, the market must not be too bad for them.