All aboard.....

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rtb

Weak

Post by rtb » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:57 pm

I think that Bailey is mediocre at best. Since the Bobcats come out flat in almost every single game, why don't we start no huddle with the first 15 to 20 plays scripted? No matter the situation if you start with a scripted series or two usually a team will get going quicker.

Also, I agree that Bailey and/or others don't seem to take advantage of mismatches when they occur.

Overall, the team has done an amazing job coming through at the end and proving that the Cats are very talented, but all of our hearts would be better off if Bailey and the offense could get on the same page early on.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:59 pm

During half-time, Bailey and the rest of the staff do a pretty good job of making adjustments. Why do they only need 20 minutes to figure out how to beat a team, when they have all week to dissect film and major tendencies? We seem to play well to start the third Q. (CSU game was a good example)

Curious question. How long has it been since the offense started a game by scoring on its first possession? Have the CATS scored TD's on back to back possessions to start a game?

I really don't think Bailey is the problem. All 11 guys need to be on the same page, all the time. Lulay throws late, Bolton misses a block, Sullivan holds, Beal fumbles, Guinn drops a pass, and Guinn drops a pass, and Guinn drops a pass......

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

BobcatLionFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatLionFan » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:30 am

The two Weber State defensive Ends were their best defensive players. One was 1st team all conference last year and the other was 2nd team all conference and he was leading Weber with sacks going into the game (5 1/2) and was being talked about as All-American. They both have 5 1/2 or 6 sacks now after the MSU game for the year.

Bolton is the best OL player. The guy across from him had a good game. But with DeCock there, it would not have been pretty. Bolton's best position is guard because of footwork, speed. But he is doing fine at tackle now. Joe's return will help at tackle, but Bolton is a stud. With Joe's return, it will make for a tough decision as to who sits. The OL isn't even being discussed lately because of their play.

Don't confuse a poor game with playing against the best two D Ends in the league and handling them in the 2nd half and mostly in the first. To Weber state, they had bad games (the Right D End of sure and the Left in the 2nd half against Bolton) because their standards are so high against other schools.

The middle of the Weber D-line was nothing. Their corners were physical, but nothing great. (just short).

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:49 pm

Curious question. How long has it been since the offense started a game by scoring on its first possession?
I bet Chris Snyder and Baby Hack know the answer to that question. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:56 pm

94VegasCat wrote:Curious question. How long has it been since the offense started a game by scoring on its first possession? Have the CATS scored TD's on back to back possessions to start a game?
Actually, we did score a TD in our first possession against Cal Poly, after we recovered a fumble. We looked great on that drive, but then went into "suck mode" and didn't do much the rest of the day.

Who knows when we scored TD's back-to-back to start a game... Probably sometime during the Carter administration.

GO CATS GO!!!

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:58 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Curious question. How long has it been since the offense started a game by scoring on its first possession?
I bet Chris Snyder and Baby Hack know the answer to that question. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nice one!!! =D^ :lol: =D^ :lol:

GO CATS GO!!!