Secondary

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catfan56
New Recruit

Secondary

Post by catfan56 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:37 am

I chatted with Berryhill yesterday before the scrimmage and he seemed quite concerned about our secondary and how they will perform this year. After watching the scrimmage, i have some of the same concern. I think we are making some strides to get where we need to be, but overall i think this is by far the weakest part of a rather solid Bobcat Team everywhere else. I had a good chat with Beau Clark After the scrimmage though and he seems very optimistic about where the entire team is at and guarantees a successfull season- let's hope he is right! GO CATS, Maine 27 - Jizz 10.

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:41 am

Its definately not a group with Qualls, Hacket, and Thomas. I was there, and have to say that this is not where its been in the past. I hope they are able to get it together in the next 8 days.

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:08 pm

If the front 7 are as good as is being reported, perhaps the secondary will be fine. Sounds like an excellent pass rush will be necessary for the secondary to cope, at least early on.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:37 pm

Is there any type of feature that would automatically put bearBAC's (bad ass cat) posts onto the smack board?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:25 pm

grizhatr wrote:Its definately not a group with Qualls, Hacket, and Thomas. I was there, and have to say that this is not where its been in the past. I hope they are able to get it together in the next 8 days.
Here’s some sugar to start your weekend: :lol:

The front 7 is at least as good, if not better than last year’s. The secondary is very talented. Some players are young and some are inexperienced but in my opinion they get the job done. Kramer doesn’t seem too worried about the secondary after yesterday’s scrimmage, so I’m not worried either. What does this add up to? Maybe the front 7 will have to compensate for an inexperienced secondary early in the season, but with the quality depth we have there, they are definitely up to the task. We’ve had the best defense in the Big Sky for the past 3 years. Will this D be as good as last year’s? Probably not in the secondary, but overall? Who knows. If we do take a step backwards with our defense, I guarantee it will be a baby step. So that leaves us with the offense. Does anybody think our offense will be any worse than last year? Initially I had my concerns about the O-Line, but once again, Kramer thinks they’re playing well together and he wouldn’t sugar-coat that if it weren’t true. We all know he’d say something like “I am very concerned about the O-Line, in fact I’m thinking about suiting up.” His focus seems to be on the receivers right now which is a good sign. Loads of talent there, and this year at least one of them will emerge as the big-money, go-to guy (My $ is on Guinn). Whomever ends up landing the starting role at running back will surpass what Molock did last year, another Catatac guarantee! And we have at least 2 very capable backups. Yes, several friends and I have pretty strong feelings that Lulay and co. put up serious points this year. One other good thing is that we still have a week of practice, then a warm-up game against Adam’s State.(Yes, I’m overlooking them but I’m sure Kramer won’t let the team overlook them, so it will be a blowout in dominating fashion), then another week before Cal-Poly, a very strong test. I’m still ticked about last year’s game against them and thinking some revenge is in order. Things could play out differently but my money is on the Cats winning a lot.!!!

Hey, Griz fans are right. Sugar-coating is fun!!! yummy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by catatac on Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:17 pm

Has anybody seen what Mike Williams is doing? Did he make it through his grade problems? Is he practicing?

2024 Resume dominance

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:26 pm

Williams is playing, and seems to be Roosevelt's backup at the slot WR.