Will BSC football be down in 2024?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Will BSC football be down in 2024?

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:54 am

Seems like a lot of teams have been hit hard by coaching changes (Weber, SAC) or portal dismantlings (Idaho) or just dropping off (EWU) the past couple of years. UM seems to have taken a hit from a combo of portal/graduation after last season. I haven’t poured through all the rosters but this is the sense I’m getting. MSU took a portal hit itself but has covered those spots adequately.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Will BSC football be down in 2024?

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:54 am

I actually think the BSC was down a bit in 2023. Sure UM played in the championship, but they were outmatched, and they were clearly the best team. They were elite at home but not nearly as good anywhere else. MSU looked good against SDSU early but didn't show much the rest of the year that made them look elite. There were a lot of good teams, but by the time the dust settled, the BSC looked to me like it was further away as a group from the MVFC as it was a year earlier. Maybe it was better and the teams beat up on each other too much. To your point Tom, it does seem like there are a ton of question marks this year. One thing that's for sure is that in this modern era of college sports, building or dismantling a great team doesn't have to take very long.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 pm

I don't know that Um has lost anyone of significance except for the one player to the portal. Graduation sure.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:49 pm

lutecat wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 pm
I don't know that Um has lost anyone of significance except for the one player to the portal. Graduation sure.
McDowell, Edwards and now Asher Croy who had a great spring. Other less significant, but they will be down.

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:16 pm

@TomCat88 - I can't believe you don't think the dark pinkies will be "scary good" again this season...

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay