Tailgate Prices Going Up, Again

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tailgate Prices Going Up, Again

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:06 pm

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:59 pm
Can anyone share what counts toward priority points, and if any of those points ever expire? My husband thought maybe our donation to the B.A.C., was no longer considered. T.I.A.!
The Bobcat Club priority points system provides an objective and equitable way for the Bobcat Club to identify and reward the most active supporters of the Montana State Athletic Department. The goal is to reward consistent annual contributors with added opportunities for access to premier MSU events and postseason games, as well as priority for season ticket and road game seating upgrades. Bobcat Club Priority Points are determined by each supporter’s contributions to the Bobcat Club and Montana State Athletics. Bobcat Club priority points are rewarded by taking into consideration annual contributions to the Bobcat Club, consecutive years of support, annual contributions to sport specific funds, and purchases of season tickets for football, volleyball, men’s basketball, and women’s basketball.

All contributions received from January 1, 2010 to the present will be counted towards the contributor’s current year contribution level for ranking purposes.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:44 am

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:06 pm
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Can anyone share what counts toward priority points, and if any of those points ever expire? My husband thought maybe our donation to the B.A.C., was no longer considered. T.I.A.!
The Bobcat Club priority points system provides an objective and equitable way for the Bobcat Club to identify and reward the most active supporters of the Montana State Athletic Department. The goal is to reward consistent annual contributors with added opportunities for access to premier MSU events and postseason games, as well as priority for season ticket and road game seating upgrades. Bobcat Club Priority Points are determined by each supporter’s contributions to the Bobcat Club and Montana State Athletics. Bobcat Club priority points are rewarded by taking into consideration annual contributions to the Bobcat Club, consecutive years of support, annual contributions to sport specific funds, and purchases of season tickets for football, volleyball, men’s basketball, and women’s basketball.

All contributions received from January 1, 2010 to the present will be counted towards the contributor’s current year contribution level for ranking purposes.

Thank you! With a little effort, it looks like I could have found most of the answers to my questions. In logging into our Ticketswest account, I found some, but not all of our donations or ranking. I wonder if I can access that information online. Thanks again!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 am

Wait until you hear about home prices in Bozeman.

Unfortunately for some longtimers, the demand for tailgate spots is way up and more money can be raised by selling them at a higher price. Econ 101 supply and demand.

Imagine the prices after a move to FBS!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:46 am

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:44 am
AFCAT wrote:
Mrs TrackCat wrote:

Thank you! With a little effort, it looks like I could have found most of the answers to my questions. In logging into our Ticketswest account, I found some, but not all of our donations or ranking. I wonder if I can access that information online. Thanks again!
For what it’s worth, when we received the email about the tailgate process for this year, our priority ranking was at the bottom of that email. Thus we knew date they would be calling. Don’t know why yours didn’t have it shown. Our ranking had fallen quite a bit but I figured it was because we didn’t have a gazillion dollars to give to IPF so our pittance commitment to the new facility didn’t get us far.

And being a “former engineering type” I have a spreadsheet that tracks our giving so I kinda knew what our numbers were but of course didn’t have ability to rank against others. 🤷‍♂️

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:55 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:46 am
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Mrs TrackCat wrote:

For what it’s worth, when we received the email about the tailgate process for this year, our priority ranking was at the bottom of that email. Thus we knew date they would be calling. Don’t know why yours didn’t have it shown. Our ranking had fallen quite a bit but I figured it was because we didn’t have a gazillion dollars to give to IPF so our pittance commitment to the new facility didn’t get us far.

And being a “former engineering type” I have a spreadsheet that tracks our giving so I kinda knew what our numbers were but of course didn’t have ability to rank against others. 🤷‍♂️
What was the date of that email? I cannot find the email with my priority point ranking.

Hating the griz since 02.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 am

CodyCat wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:55 am
BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:46 am
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Mrs TrackCat wrote:

What was the date of that email? I cannot find the email with my priority point ranking.
Oh sure… now you want a computer illiterate old guy to search through 12000 emails! Ha! I’ll see if I can find it.

Update:
I received the email on 4/4/24 from Montana Stare Athletics. My account number and priority rank was at the very bottom of the email.

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 am

@codycat the email was the extended tailgate and parking information email sent April 4.

At the very bottom is your current priority rank

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:31 am

I will say that for whatever reason that second email went into my spam folder on gmail. All other emails from MSU get delivered, but that one I had to go find in the Spam folder so definitely check there for it. Looking at it, it appears it came from a different email sending address than their usual. The sending address for that second email was updates@go.msubobcats.com which I don't think I have ever seen before and likely is why it ended up in Spam. Poor email management by MSU to change that up unfortunately.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:40 am

PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am
MSU has been kicking the "student parking can" down the road, for a long time. They keep building on parking lots and adding students. Now they have to fix the stadium parking lot. It's not to make things better for boosters. The MSU parking Nazi's, were rude to the people in the eastside parking area. Just dicks. If they pull that crap again on the westside. It's going to get ugly. Big money boosters, won't put up with it. Damn glad I can walk to the games, if I choose.
When I read “Parking Services” my brain just spell-checked to “Good Luck With That.”

Here’s a little story. Remember when the team used the practice (soccer) fields between the south Fieldhouse lot and South Seventh? For fall camp, especially in the morning a number of interested fans would line up along the metal rail fence and watch the practice. School was out, the parking lot was almost empty, and you could just park and watch. I loved it — nice casual social time. After I retired my wife and I were excited to be able to drive down and watch. The very first morning that we did, an earnest young lady from Parking Services appeared and started writing tickets for unregistered vehicles! I was still in my vehicle, but I’m not sure everyone knew what was happening and she was just zipping along with her little ticket printer. I blew up at the situation — drove home and immediately sent an email to our brand new Athletic Director, Leon Costello! I explained the tradition, and the next day I got an email from him saying that Parking Services had been told to leave us alone, and there should be no more ticketing attempts! I’ve never told this story, but Leon impressed me right off the jump — I knew we finally had life in the Athletic Director’s office. 💙💛😺

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 pm

Our group pulled the trigger and moved into the west RV lot with two spots. it was either that or stay where we were and risk losing those spots with the Kagy expansion, or move over the the east side. We decided take the risk not having the RV spots reserved for this coming year, and hopefully we can get there early enough to still have the two together. We'll see.....

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:13 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 pm
Our group pulled the trigger and moved into the west RV lot with two spots. it was either that or stay where we were and risk losing those spots with the Kagy expansion, or move over the the east side. We decided take the risk not having the RV spots reserved for this coming year, and hopefully we can get there early enough to still have the two together. We'll see.....
Did you get the call today? Just curious how fast spaces are filling up. Did you have many choices?

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:21 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
If you have two spots, my understanding from discussions with Casey is that you won't have an issue with getting both together as they are just assigning the spots as you arrive so when you get there you would just get the next two spots available. If you you weren't able to arrive at the same time, he said he felt like you could have the first party arriving get both passes and get the spots and let them know others were arriving later.

Actually kind of glad to hear that a few people are choosing to move back there, hope we can make that a good area for tailgates as well. Sucks to lose our great spots along Kagy, but will start some new traditions back there. And I think it will be pretty good area in coming years with the IPF opening up back there.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:37 pm

Yeah that's what he told me too. Just need to have both passes when the first guy shows up.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:42 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:13 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Did you get the call today? Just curious how fast spaces are filling up. Did you have many choices?
The only choices I was given were how I described it. Either keep our existing, move to the east side, or upgrade to RV spots.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 am

I'm curious of the new parking layout. I've had two spots in the 170's forever and now I'm 240's. Depending on the new layout it could still be close, or nowhere near where I've been. Not the biggest deal to me, just anxious to see how it plays out.

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Wed May 01, 2024 5:15 am

I have recently spoken with the ticket office regarding game day parking. While I appreciate the help I received, I am still concerned as I navigate this new process. We used to have a reserved parking spot a few rows just west of the stadium, but gave that up a few years ago. Since that time, we have been using our complimentary parking pass in the white lot. We arrive at each game, well ahead of game time, so parking has never been a problem. Currently we are on the waitlist for a reserved spot in the south Fieldhouse parking lot as our first choice. In addition, our 2nd request for white lot parking has been added to our online account, and it appears that I need to enter the number of parking passes requested. My concern is that I don’t want to enter a request for a white lot pass until I know if we receive a reserved south Fieldhouse parking spot as I don’t want to end up with more spots than we need. However, I don’t want to end up without a parking pass at all. I did express this concern during my call to the ticket office, but was not totally confident with the answer I received. T.I.A. for any advice.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed May 01, 2024 11:31 am

Pay twenty dollars a game and park on the westside of the Museum of The Rockies. By pass MSU's parking nonsense. We've had white parking passes for years. Never used them. I walk and my buddy who sits with me, comes from Billings. It's easier for him to park at the Museum and pay 20 bucks. Plus, MSU is taking out the fence around the eastside lot this summer. You can walk right in this coming season.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed May 01, 2024 2:34 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 11:31 am
Pay twenty dollars a game and park on the westside of the Museum of The Rockies. By pass MSU's parking nonsense. We've had white parking passes for years. Never used them. I walk and my buddy who sits with me, comes from Billings. It's easier for him to park at the Museum and pay 20 bucks. Plus, MSU is taking out the fence around the eastside lot this summer. You can walk right in this coming season.
If you're already at the $500 giving level the white lot is $120 or $20 a game--plus the playoffs are basically free parking if you already had a pass.

BUT, if you're not at that $500 level and have to spend an extra $250 plus the $120, definitely park at the museum. I get there early and leave late so getting in and out of the white lot is no problem. If I was doing anything else I'd definitely be at the MOR.

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Thu May 02, 2024 1:04 pm

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:15 am
I have recently spoken with the ticket office regarding game day parking. While I appreciate the help I received, I am still concerned as I navigate this new process. We used to have a reserved parking spot a few rows just west of the stadium, but gave that up a few years ago. Since that time, we have been using our complimentary parking pass in the white lot. We arrive at each game, well ahead of game time, so parking has never been a problem. Currently we are on the waitlist for a reserved spot in the south Fieldhouse parking lot as our first choice. In addition, our 2nd request for white lot parking has been added to our online account, and it appears that I need to enter the number of parking passes requested. My concern is that I don’t want to enter a request for a white lot pass until I know if we receive a reserved south Fieldhouse parking spot as I don’t want to end up with more spots than we need. However, I don’t want to end up without a parking pass at all. I did express this concern during my call to the ticket office, but was not totally confident with the answer I received. T.I.A. for any advice.
Received a call from MSU today, and reserved our parking spot.