Spring Ball

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring Ball

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:21 am

Hopefully the wind stays away. Forecast is for 51 and sunshine. Wind says 5-10 with possible gusts of 22.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:54 am

For Quarterback Club members or people that want to be members.

BQC will be having a Social at the Stadium Club starting at 12:00PM Saturday April 20th. You are welcome to bring a guest (potential member). Please stop in for a bit, or for the whole scrimmage, we are looking forward to seeing you

The Scrimmage is set to start at 1:00PM

The Social will provide light appetizers and a No-Host bar

Access to Stadium Club for BQC Social

Enter through Gate 14
Take the Elevator to 3rd Floor
The Bobcat Quarterback Club Team

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:02 pm

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:02 pm
Heard on the radio today (KSKY) that the MSU Bookstore will have a couple stands open at the stadium Saturday and selling merch for 50% off! Sounds like they are trying to clear some stuff out for new gear for the fall.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:02 pm
Heard on the radio today (KSKY) that the MSU Bookstore will have a couple stands open at the stadium Saturday and selling merch for 50% off! Sounds like they are trying to clear some stuff out for new gear for the fall.
Might be a good chance to pick something up for under $100!

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:09 pm

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:45 pm

I’m glad the Cats are taking advantage of his knowledge.

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:47 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:45 pm
I’m glad the Cats are taking advantage of his knowledge.

Wow - that is fantastic for our guys to learn from someone like that. Glad to see he is still willing to play a role with the program!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:11 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:08 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:32 am
I’m going to be honest, I tuned out when you said that MSU has the easiest OL scheme and all they have to do is “block left and block right”. I’m sure you were trying to exaggerate to make a point, but cmon. That was dumb.

Also, I beg of you, actually look at how many times Tommy runs in a game. Never more than 18 times last season. 3 times more than 10 rushes a game. And for the record, if any Griz QB had the game Tommy did against NDSU, you’d be crowning them as the best QB in the conference and not just the best athlete who can kind of pass.
Yep. It's funny to me how so many people get this idea in their head that all we do is run the ball, and how we run Tommy 40+ times a game. I's just simply not true. I think all these people are just remembering ONE game, where Tommy did run the ball like 40 times or something crazy like that. As you say, I would bet you there were no games last year where Tommy had more than like 5 or 6 designed runs. Last point, I think the country is going to find out about the Cats passing game in 2024. 8)
I am no question the person in the media who is the biggest advocate for and the person that argues the most in favor that Tommy Mellott is a complete quarterback who throws the ball at a high level.

I’m such an advocate that I literally make NFL QB coach Marty Mornhinweg talk with praise for Tommy on my ESPN show almost every Monday.

I know Tommy doesn’t run the ball more than 18 times per game. Point still stands: get rid of the called runs and just run read option and natural scrambles.

There would be no better story in Montana than if Tommy can stay healthy all year and maximize his potential as a senior. If that happens, sky is the limit for the Cats.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 pm

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 pm

Can you bring water bottles in? Are there any concessions? My first time at the Sonny Holland Classic!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm

rfischer94 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 pm
Can you bring water bottles in? Are there any concessions? My first time at the Sonny Holland Classic!
Yes, and I don’t know. It’s pretty much an open gate, so no metal detectors or checking bags.

There is a QBC event being held in the press box with drinks and snacks but you need to be a member or know a member.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 pm

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm
rfischer94 wrote:
Yes, and I don’t know. It’s pretty much an open gate, so no metal detectors or checking bags.

There is a QBC event being held in the press box with drinks and snacks but you need to be a member or know a member.
Aren't they worried about a terrorist attack at the scrimmage? Seems like they are just asking for something terrible to happen. Really irresponsible to put so many lives at risk.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm
rfischer94 wrote:

Thanks for the info!

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 pm

Man, Tommy bounced back impressively from that NDSU injury.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:00 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 pm
catatac wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:11 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:08 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:32 am
I’m going to be honest, I tuned out when you said that MSU has the easiest OL scheme and all they have to do is “block left and block right”. I’m sure you were trying to exaggerate to make a point, but cmon. That was dumb.

Also, I beg of you, actually look at how many times Tommy runs in a game. Never more than 18 times last season. 3 times more than 10 rushes a game. And for the record, if any Griz QB had the game Tommy did against NDSU, you’d be crowning them as the best QB in the conference and not just the best athlete who can kind of pass.
Yep. It's funny to me how so many people get this idea in their head that all we do is run the ball, and how we run Tommy 40+ times a game. I's just simply not true. I think all these people are just remembering ONE game, where Tommy did run the ball like 40 times or something crazy like that. As you say, I would bet you there were no games last year where Tommy had more than like 5 or 6 designed runs. Last point, I think the country is going to find out about the Cats passing game in 2024. 8)
I am no question the person in the media who is the biggest advocate for and the person that argues the most in favor that Tommy Mellott is a complete quarterback who throws the ball at a high level.

I’m such an advocate that I literally make NFL QB coach Marty Mornhinweg talk with praise for Tommy on my ESPN show almost every Monday.

I know Tommy doesn’t run the ball more than 18 times per game. Point still stands: get rid of the called runs and just run read option and natural scrambles.

There would be no better story in Montana than if Tommy can stay healthy all year and maximize his potential as a senior. If that happens, sky is the limit for the Cats.
You have to make MM talk about Tommy? Does that mean the ol griz in him doesn't want to talk about Tommy? :lol:

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:05 am

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:46 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 pm
Maybe somebody more tech savvy can tell me. Is there anywhere I can go to to get a clear image of this so I can print it? In regards to the roster.

RICO CAT

Post by RICO CAT » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:09 am

Idaho getting some love from ESPN +

I noticed their pro day was covered and also their spring game will be televised Friday the 26th @7:00 pm. Didn’t see any others listed.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”