Spring Ball

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring Ball

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:08 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:17 am
CodyCat wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:26 am
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:18 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:17 am
coloradocat wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:49 pm
The new scoreboard is going to be huge. I believe this is the first time we've seen the framework with humans for scale. :shock:
I think someone said its more square footage than a basketball court.
We all wish, but it isn't even close. The scoreboard is 100 x 30 (3000 square feet) and an American basketball court is 94 X 50 (4700 square feet).

That's the scoreboard dimensions reported in this article.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 20outdoors.
Well I was waaayyyyy off.
You’re not way off. The electronic portion of the scoreboard is 100 x 30 but the entire face of the structure is approximately the same size as a basketball court.

103'-4" in length
Height varies. Scoreboard itself is 39', while the logo is another 9'6" and the lettering on both sides of the logo is 5'3". So, 48'6" at highest point. Entire thing is 27' above the ground at the base. Pretty much the same area as a basketball court, which is 94'x50'.

Here is a link to the Engineers Drawings: https://www.montana.edu/pdc/documents_o ... 1.2023.pdf

Scroll down to sheet 9 for Dimensions.
You forgot to add the height of the flag poles on the top. :lol:

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:24 pm

AFCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
The new scoreboard is going to be huge. I believe this is the first time we've seen the framework with humans for scale. :shock:
We all wish, but it isn't even close. The scoreboard is 100 x 30 (3000 square feet) and an American basketball court is 94 X 50 (4700 square feet).

Probably bigger than some class C basketball courts. Does belfry still have overlapping half court lines?

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:30 am

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:24 pm
AFCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Probably bigger than some class C basketball courts. Does belfry still have overlapping half court lines?
Back in my days of basketball 7th grade thru 12th, I played on a few courts with not only overlapping half court lines but they also had a line 3 feet inside the out of bounds line that when taking the ball out of bounds the defender had to stand behind the three foot line, otherwise there would not be enough room for both players.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:40 am

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:23 pm

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:51 am

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 am

Any other links out there? I saw what looked to be an interview with Tommy (Maybe 406 MT Sports) but it was behind a login so I couldn't get to it.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:37 am

Has been pretty quiet for the most part on spring ball chatter….

Anyone been able to watch? Any new players standing out (transfers, redshirts, etc)? How does Tommy look with his injury? Seeing anything different with the new coordinators?

I need something more than just the occasional scoreboard picture!!! Haha

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:23 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:37 am

Anyone been able to watch? Any new players standing out (transfers, redshirts, etc)? How does Tommy look with his injury? Seeing anything different with the new coordinators?

Yep, agree here. I think they've had four practices? already and I haven't heard one word. I would have sworn in years past for Spring ball there would be at least a little blurb or two after each day and maybe quick interviews with players and coaches. Maybe Vigen is following Bobby's lead and closing off practices unless you pay, and and not letting any information leak out of Spring camp.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:23 pm

Not really news to satiate the faithful, but it's a story.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:59 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:23 pm
mslacatfan wrote:

Yep, agree here. I think they've had four practices? already and I haven't heard one word. I would have sworn in years past for Spring ball there would be at least a little blurb or two after each day and maybe quick interviews with players and coaches. Maybe Vigen is following Bobby's lead and closing off practices unless you pay, and and not letting any information leak out of Spring camp.
It's almost like they're in the "quiet phase" that is often used during fund raising campaigns :lol:

If they're going to raise ticket, club membership, tailgate, and parking prices I demand they give more spring practice coverage.
For the record the previous sentence was 100% sarcasm. It really does generate more interest and buzz when more coverage is given though.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:59 pm
catatac wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

It's almost like they're in the "quiet phase" that is often used during fund raising campaigns :lol:

If they're going to raise ticket, club membership, tailgate, and parking prices I demand they give more spring practice coverage.
For the record the previous sentence was 100% sarcasm. It really does generate more interest and buzz when more coverage is given though.
We were just talking about this…when we first started Bobcat Beat and then Skyline Sports, spring ball and fall camp were two of our biggest months for coverage and revenue.

That has completely and totally changed partly because media and anyone not in QB club can’t go to practice beyond warm ups. And the interview subjects are chosen internally, so basically, all the stories are the same between all the writers because it’s the same players.

Spring ball hardly moves the needle now. And most of that is just logistical/procedural. Weird times.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

We were just talking about this…when we first started Bobcat Beat and then Skyline Sports, spring ball and fall camp were two of our biggest months for coverage and revenue.

That has completely and totally changed partly because media and anyone not in QB club can’t go to practice beyond warm ups. And the interview subjects are chosen internally, so basically, all the stories are the same between all the writers because it’s the same players.

Spring ball hardly moves the needle now. And most of that is just logistical/procedural. Weird times.
Frickin Bobby Hauck ruining spring football for everyone. Everyone following his lead.

You should write an article and the headline HAS to be "How Bobby Hauck ruined spring football" in Montana. I triple dog dare you to..... 😆 🤣 😂

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

lutecat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Frickin Bobby Hauck ruining spring football for everyone. Everyone following his lead.

You should write an article and the headline HAS to be "How Bobby Hauck ruined spring football" in Montana. I triple dog dare you to..... 😆 🤣 😂
Unfortunately, this is so far beyond Bobby Hauck or Brent Vigen or anyone in the state of Montana....for years and years, the schools and sports programs needed the media. Because they needed a platform to promote and content to distribute. You used to need the TV stations to shoot practices etc because that was the only way to have video or be on TV. You used to need write ups in the newspaper.

Now schools can make their own content and distribute it the same way we all do: on social media and on the internet. And I don't blame them at all.

I only fear that there is a day coming sooner than we think where ALL content is produced in house and there's very little reporting or content produced by anyone but the in-house media teams. The most fearful part of that is there's a great many consumers who wouldn't mind, and even some that would prefer it that way....

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

So is there Zero content out there at all since Spring ball started? I could have sworn I saw an interview starting with Tommy after a practice but then I got a log in prompt. I think that was on 406 Sports. So I've checked there, here obviously, the MSU Website, Skyline Sports, all the local news websites... Youtube, etc... I can't find squat!!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

St George wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:30 am
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:24 pm
AFCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Back in my days of basketball 7th grade thru 12th, I played on a few courts with not only overlapping half court lines but they also had a line 3 feet inside the out of bounds line that when taking the ball out of bounds the defender had to stand behind the three foot line, otherwise there would not be enough room for both players.
I too played on an unconventional basketball court back in ‘68…in Texas. The FULL court was two half courts at 90 degrees from either other at half court. No long passes down court allowed! :wink:

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

So is there Zero content out there at all since Spring ball started? I could have sworn I saw an interview starting with Tommy after a practice but then I got a log in prompt. I think that was on 406 Sports. So I've checked there, here obviously, the MSU Website, Skyline Sports, all the local news websites... Youtube, etc... I can't find squat!!
They've had media one day...but it was during the NCAA tournament, which meant most press was elsewhere.

It's only happened once because there was an NCAA tournament site in Spokane, many of the Big Sky Conference SIDs were on site helping, including MSU's.

saintcat40
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by saintcat40 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

I used to love that coverage, Colter. Did Choate change the availability or did Vigen?

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm
catatac wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

They've had media one day...but it was during the NCAA tournament, which meant most press was elsewhere.

It's only happened once because there was an NCAA tournament site in Spokane, many of the Big Sky Conference SIDs were on site helping, including MSU's.
so what you are saying Colter, you have to join the Bobcat QB Club to get coverage? Great investment!

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 pm